Raining

Raining

He looked up into the dark cloudy sky, squeezing his eyes closed and clenching his fists tight while the heavy rain fell down on him. He could feel his clothes getting more soaked by the second and the sharp shivers running down his spine told him he had been out there a little too long too. However he still couldn’t move, because he was enjoying the soft sound of the rain falling down disturbing the deadly silent night. He didn’t even mind the icy raindrops running down his face until they were sliding down his neck and awakening goosebumps on the skin beneath the now wet fabric of his shirt. He bit his lips sharply suppressing the sounds that wanted to leave his throat but he could still hear his own low whine breaking the silence.

From a little too close to comfort he heard another sound that he didn’t recognize immediately. He shifted uncertained in the cold rain opening his eyes to see an umbrella first before he felt a long arm wrap around his shoulders pulling him forward until his face was pressed against a warm strong chest. He breathed in the familiar scent, feeling helpless enough to just cling onto the soft fuzzy fabric of his shirt and hide his cold cheeks into the warm corner that met his neck and shoulder. 

“Jun…shhh..” He relaxed momentarily hearing his leaders reassuring voice. Even though he wasn’t saying anything Kangjun felt he was trying to tell him everything was going to be ok.

He looked up to meet Rome’s eyes for just a second before he glanced at the black umbrella covering both of them from the unforgiving, freezing rain. As he wrapped his arms around his waist he knew the cold wet drops trailing down his cheeks were not rain anymore. But because Rome was always right, he would believe him this one time too and he would try his hardest to believe everything was going to be ok.