I. All good things...

In Fear and Faith
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 c  h  a  p  t  e  r  t  w  o 

All Good Things...
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -_____________________________________________________________

Breathe, Min. Breathe. Just breathe. I continued to repeat to myself over and over again as I made my way towards the airport entrance.

Finally, today was the day that that I would fulfill my life-long dream of visiting Europe, and it was all thanks to my boyfriend, who had presented me with two tickets in honor of my acceptance to Seoul University of the Arts; the most prestegious university in all of South Korea, dedicated to the fine arts.   I had been packed and ready for almost two weeks, so it only made sense that I hadn’t been able to sleep a wink the night before. My whole body was shaking. It had been so long since I was in an airplane, but I think what made me more nervous was the fact that I would be going on vacation with him. Our first time vacationing alone together, or vacationing at all for that matter. The fact that it was in Europe and only a month before school officially began, only made it all the more special.   I exhaled, trying to release all of the nerves that continued to attack me all at once, when I looked down at my phone. There was still an hour left and the airport looked relatively empty at this time. I found an empty seat, in a sea of empty seats, near the sliding doors of the airport entrance as I anxiously waited for him to show up. I had received a text from him this morning saying that he would be a little late because he still had to do some stuff at work, but for the most part that he was all packed, ready and excited for the trip.   I held my breath almost everytime the sliding door began to open as my heart began to speed up at a terrifyingly rapid pace. He always had that effect on me since the moment I had met him. That memory was clearer than most as I thought back to it.   “Oh my God. I am so sorry,” My mind went blank as I tried to clean the coffee that I had spilled all over the handsome young gentleman who sat at a corner table in the back of the diner.   “No, no. It’s okay. Don’t worry please,” He continuously assured me as he used some napkins to pat himself dry.   “I’m usually never like this,” I admitted, flustered by the fact that I had messed up for the first time in the three years that I had been working there.   “It’s fine. I promise,”  He continued to assure me. I nodded doubtfully before he flashed me a smile, his eyes becoming crescents, that sent my heart into a frenzy.   He was beautiful, with dark black hair, styled up and a toned body which was outlined perfectly by the dark casual suit he wore. Everything was fitted well: from his white button up shirt, to his charcoal grey dress pants.    “How about this, Min?” He read the name off of my tag making little butterflies form in my stomach. I had to admit that it sounded amazing coming from his lips. “Why don’t you make it up to me over dinner later tonight?”   I laughed wryly at his request before I looked away, trying to gain my composure, and then looked back at him once I did. “I don’t know about that. I might be working,” I lied simply, not trying to be to available to the strange man I had barely just met.   “Might be?” He lifted a brow suggestively, making me blush at the sight.   I raised my brows as well and shrugged before I made off with his messed up order and placed a new one. When I got back, I saw that he wasn’t there. Instead, he had left me the five bucks for his order and an extra twenty as tip. My mouth dropped and then I saw he had left a note right beside it:   'Sorry to leave so suddenly but I got an urgent call from work. I couldn’t just leave without saying anything so I’m writing this to let you know that I’m picking you up here at seven whether you like it or not.  By the way, you look exceptionally beautiful in that uniform.'   An announcement went off on the overhead speakers, breaking me from my thoughts as I looked down at my phone to check the time...   It was eight-thirty.   Eight-thirty! My mind went blank.   The plane was boarding and he still wasn’t here yet. I didn’t even have my ticket with me because he had bought it as a gift for the both of us.   I hurriedly pressed three on my speedial before I pressed down on the call button and listened for his voice.   . It had gone straight to voicemail.   Knowing there was nothing else I could do, I unwillingly made my way out of the airport and hitched a cab.   Maybe things got to crazy for him at work. It would make sense considering he was now placed as acting President of industry, before he took his fathers position as CEO.   I tried calling him once again but only got his voicemail. “Hey, it’s me. So I guess you got held back at work, huh? Well, it’s no problem. I’ll wait for you at your house then. I’ll probably fall asleep or something, so I guess we’ll decide what to do when you get there. Love you.”   I sighed and sat in the back of the cab as I waited to get to his house. He had given me an extra key for it just a few months after we started dating and since I didn’t feel like going home, I decided to just go to his place and fall back asleep.    “We’re here,” The driver’s raspy voice broke through my thoughts as I gave him a gentle smile and paid him the cost before I got out. Heading inside the lobby, I saw the guard over at the side. I waved at him and though he usually waved back with a lot of energy, today it seemed like it was almost forced.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter