Memories

Night Light

 

Chapter Four - Memories        

 

 

Where am I? Kyuhyun closed eyes fluttered open adjusting to the light; he couldn’t feel anything, as if his body was light and he watched his translucent hands and widened his eyes in shock. Am I dead? No, it couldn’t be, when he breathed in a try to relax, he didn’t felt air on his lungs and he panicked until he heard voices, a language slight different from his one and yet understandable.

“I can’t believe you willingly said to the King you will come here. It’s absurd; they just want to exile us!”

Kyuhyun frowned, he knows that voice, the shapes and frames became clearer slowly as he observed red-green colors pillars and nugget walls; a wide bed with the bedspread messed as a man was dressing with noble attire hanfu.

“It isn’t exile. We came from Silla to pay our honors to Emperor Tang, that’s all; we can go back if we seal the pact of peace.”

Eunhyuk? Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes before opening then stunned. Eunhyuk was really using period outfit from Silla age, and they were in china… maybe.

Kyuhyun cursed his mind for not paying attention to his history lessons as he then recognized the other man who was helping Eunhyuk to dress properly; Siwon. Kyuhyun thought with a hiss.

“Where is Minho? I haven’t seen him since we left Silla, when Baekje’s warriors attacked us.”

Am I dreaming? Is this a movie? Kyuhyun thought and he watched the floor, his feet didn’t touch it and he touched his own arms; he was palpable, or so he thought until Eunhyuk passed him through without flinching.

Kyuhyun widened his eyes aghast. ‘Eunhyuk! Eunhyuk, is me, can’t you see me!!?’ Kyuhyun shouted the louder he could; falling in deaf ears his words.

Eunhyuk opened the door when Siwon took him by the waist and kissed his cheek, making him giggle. Kyuhyun didn’t understand what was happening, and why Eunhyuk seemed so different…?

“Minho went to Egypt; rumors say there is another author.”

“Oh.” Eunhyuk expressed emotionless before sighing. Kyuhyun trailed Eunhyuk with his transparent body, trying to not collide against someone or something even when it didn’t mind, because just his conscience was there, while his body was laying lifeless over the bed of his apartment, being watched by Eunhyuk who was softly his hair.

“I don’t know if I want to meet another author, it has been a long time since…”

Kyuhyun wanted to hear more as he cut the distance, being behind Eunhyuk when he frowned at the sight of Siwon intertwining his hand with Eunhyuk’s one, the latter smiling.

“Everything is fine Hyuk, Minho will just bring information, don’t worry. Neither of us will ask how we were created, neither how you did born.”

“Thank you.”

Kyuhyun touched his head, feeling dizzy, everything was hazy as he was inside a twister and he want to scream when the world was steady again and he opened his eyes wanting to throw.

A man was being lashed with a whip, it wasn’t tall; the man on his knees was biting his lips to not cry while glaring at his executioner.

“Confess you stole it!” It was that the kind who spoke? Kyuhyun turned, watching astounded how Siwon didn’t flinch and Eunhyuk was walking slowly to the man, kneeling next to the almost collapsing body who glared him.

“I didn’t do it.” The man said coughing blood and Eunhyuk his lips, his eyes fixed on the young man’s ones.

“What will you do if I free you?”

The youth smirked “Nothing. I’m free already.”

Kyuhyun felt admiration at the fiery stare this man was giving Eunhyuk who just laughed standing, and watching the king, bowing.

“I ask your pardon, Emperor Tang. This man is from Silla, he was exiled and now, I would like to punish him on Silla’s lands, so everybody will know his shame.”

The king shook his head “He is my slave, I will kill him here.”

Eunhyuk walked to the king while Siwon nodded, already freeing the beaten man, but never helping him to stand; and Kyuhyun widened his eyes watching Eunhyuk silver eyes as the king nodded.

“I gave him to you. I will also seal the peace pact between our countries.”

Eunhyuk turned to with a satisficed look on his face, bending to the youth who was watching him amused and untrusted.

“You told me you were free, but now you belong to me.”

The man narrowed his eyes and Eunhyuk smiled standing while lending his hand to the young man who blinked amused and shakily took Eunhyuk’s hand, the multitude gasped but Siwon erased their memories with a wave of his hand.

“I’m a counselor from Silla, you are?”

Eunhyuk asked, still his hand holding the other’s one and Kyuhyun wanted to break the contact but his attempts were futile. The man eyes were glowing while watching at Eunhyuk while Eunhyuk smiled at him with b eyes.

“Myungsoo, born in Goryeo; warrior bereft from his status and sold as a slave.”

Again, that twisted, and Kyuhyun closed his eyes holding the nauseas, but he was getting slowly used as he watched the man named Myungsoo smiling to Eunhyuk. Kyuhyun didn’t want to see this, Myungsoo was holding Eunhyuk’s hand, no blood this time between them, just a river and fishes swimming and the sound of water and whistling from wind.

“Thank you.” Myungsoo said and Eunhyuk tilted his head.

“For what?”

Myungsoo chuckled “I don’t know, maybe for meeting you?”

Kyuhyun frowned feeling his heart sank when he saw Eunhyuk hiding his blush and Myungsoo laughed lightly.

“I’m not free anymore.”

Eunhyuk turned to Myungsoo, still pink cheeks and baffled asked “Why?”

Kyuhyun couldn’t even close his eyes when Myungsoo bend to steal a peck from Eunhyuk’s lips, flustering the latter.

“Because you take my freedom away the day you saved me.”

Eunhyuk smiled standing, his face shadowed by the sunlight as his hand was being offered to Myungsoo to take it. Kyuhyun shook his head, no, please Eunhyuk, no…

“Do you want to make a contract with me?”

Eunhyuk blurted out and Kyuhyun shook his head watching Myungsoo interested gaze “What kind? I thought I wasn’t your slave?”

Eunhyuk grinned “I already told you what I am; I even have drink from your blood, so I will just offer you this once.”

Myungsoo blinked taking Eunhyuk’s hand.

“If I accept, what would it mean?”

Eunhyuk giggled “You will be agreeing stay an eternity with me.”

Kyuhyun fell on his knees; this isn’t what he wanted to watch. Eunhyuk smiling, Eunhyuk kind and warm behavior, no, this isn’t the Eunhyuk he knows; ‘please… let me go out of here.” Kyuhyun whispered.

 

Eunhyuk wiped away the tears Kyuhyun’s eyes were dropping as he chuckled sadly and set Kyuhyun’s head over his lap.

 

“If you don’t want, go, run and never look back, but…” Eunhyuk chewed his bottom lip “i-if you want to spend your life with me, then…”

Myungsoo kissed Eunhyuk’s lips as the latter widened his eyes before closing them, opening his lips to allow Myungsoo to explore him.

Kyuhyun felt tears flowing. He didn’t want to watch this, he… why Eunhyuk had that mixed yearning, pleasurable and sad expression on his face as Myungsoo made him lay over the green grass. Why Eunhyuk was panting and opening his arms, why…?

“I love you Hyukjae. I will never let you go.”

Kyuhyun blinked. Hyukjae? This person isn’t Eunhyuk?

Kyuhyun eyes fluttered, where he was now? Siwon hasn’t been here since, how many time have passed?

“Try them Hyuk, before you transform me, try them, just a bit Hyuk, they’re tasty.”

Eunhyuk chuckled, his body exposed beneath the silky covers as he opened his mouth, widening his eyes tasting the red fruit.

“What is it?”

Myungsoo chuckled “raspberries.”

Eunhyuk his lips. In true, he didn’t taste anything but he wanted to see Myungsoo smiling face as he nodded opening his mouth to have another one, his lips tainting in red.

“Do you really want me to convert you? I can be… you know…”

Myungsoo nodded and kissed Eunhyuk while Kyuhyun sighed, leaning against a wall “Of course. I want to spend eternity with you.”

“Wait for me, I need to prepare a ritual for you to be as near as a pureblood. And then we can be together, forever.”

Kyuhyun covered his mouth with his hand forcing his mind to say he was fine even when Eunhyuk was being taken by another man.

 

“No!!” Eunhyuk cried in pain watching Myungsoo’s body laying on a tarn of blood, his speed helping him to wrap his arms around Myungsoo.

Kyuhyun widened his eyes, he didn’t smell the metallic scent from blood, but he wanted to throw up at the sight of marred bodies in pieces and blood everywhere.

“Who was…?”

Myungsoo shook his head. Kyuhyun blinked, they were in the middle of nowhere inside a forest; Myungsoo coughed blood.

“I-I don’t know, a woman, she came and…”

Minho arrived panting, his gestures contorted, he looked younger than now and he widened his eyes in horror, bending near Eunhyuk.

“I’m sorry. It is my fault, I haunted her from Egypt and now… I’m sorry.”

“Hyuk… Hyukjae…” Myungsoo called him, his eyes closing as Eunhyuk left tears fall from his eyes.

“I know is hard, but repeat those words” Eunhyuk told Myungsoo who nodded slowly, his dry throat forced to say what Eunhyuk told him.

“I…” Eunhyuk held his breath, swallowing his tears “Kim Myungsoo vow to be a faithful servant to my master…”

Myungsoo repeated between sighs of pain as Eunhyuk told him “say my real name, and then…”

“I love you Lee Hyukjae, my master…”

Eunhyuk closed his eyes, his fangs already piercing Myungsoo’s heart as the latter lost his last breath drinking small drops from Eunhyuk’s wrist; and Eunhyuk cried with him between his arms.

Minho shocked face was what Eunhyuk saw before Minho disappeared and Kyuhyun eyes widened observing Minho being pierced by a sharp nailed hand as a woman smirked.

“So the little boy played being a hero, uh?”

“Minho!!”

Kyuhyun turned, Siwon raged face and contorted in fury was glaring at the woman whose eyes where fixed on the broken Eunhyuk.

“You can’t covert anyone to love you, everyone will be only your slave, understand it Hyukjae, you and me belong to another circle, we must rules over purebloods and humans.”

Eunhyuk shook his head; his gaze was lost, unfocused.

Minho grinned, blood bursting out from his mouth as he touched his stomach and fell on his knees when the woman took his hand away.

“Eunhyuk will never go to yours or them.”

“Minho!” Siwon flahes, catching his brother whose eyes were uttering down, whispering “I’m sorry Hyukjae, I didn’t meant to bring her. I just wanted you to be free… I…”

“Free?” she laughed sarcastic setting his stare on Minho and Siwon; wiping the blood from his hand with a raw movement “he can’t be free boy, he belong to us, he is cursed as us. He was the one wh—ahg…”

The woman widened his eyes, she lowered his face, watching a hand crossing his stomach and chuckled while Kyuhyun was shaking his head. No, this isn’t Eunhyuk, the one who just killed someone without blinking; that being with empty dark stare.

She laughed falling slowly to the dried grass, blood forming a pound as his body started to disappear in ashes and the blood turned into golden dust as her last whisper was “you belong to us.”

Eunhyuk ran to Minho, watching with remorse to Siwon who nodded when Eunhyuk buried his fangs on Minho’s neck, inserting toxins before pulling away and healing him when his hands made a blue light.

Kyuhyun observed everything like a person watching a movie and Minho eyes snapped open.

“Who the heck are you?”

Eunhyuk smirked with his dark eyes while Minho was glaring him while Siwon closed his ones.

“Minho, do you remember me?”

The named turned and blinked “B-Brother?”

Siwon nodded slowly with a sad smile “The person now is part of our family too, he is Hyukjae.”

Minho shook his head before faiting and Siwon sighed “Why did he must forget time before this?”

Eunhyuk didn’t reply, he just stood and walked to Myungsoo lifeless body. Eunhyuk eyes widening when Myungsoo’s fingers moved slightly and he held his hand.

“M-Myungsoo?”

The alluded fluttered his eyes open and smiled “Hyukjae…”

Kyuhyun didn’t know if he was happy, shattered, or jealous. Eunhyuk was fine; his beloved one was with—Ahrg! Kyuhyun grabbed his hurting head as time spin off again and he felt on his knees.

“I can’t Hyuk, I just… sorry. I want to be free and he loves me… I’m sorry.” Eunhyuk nodded smiling, Myungsoo have a luggage. Kyuhyun blinked observing his clothes, deducing they were in Europe around XVII century.

“Let’s break our contract then.”

Eunhyuk stated and Myungsoo widened his eyes.

“How…?”

“I love you Myungsoo, more than anything, so I’ll set you free.”

Myungsoo frowned and Eunhyuk walked to a strongbox with the setoff with the shape of an angel and took a book from there and Myungsoo chuckled bitterly.

“You still had the diary I gave you.”

Eunhyuk smiled and gave it to Myungsoo “It has all my knowledge, take it and be happy.”

Myungsoo shook his head and pushed it softly to Eunhyuk while kissing his lips as Eunhyu left tears escape from his eyes.

“Conserve it.”

Eunhyuk then took out a yellow little bottle from the strong box “drink it and you will be my slave no more.”

“Why Hyukjae?”

Eunhyuk sighed “Because my biggest mistake was transforming you in my despair, making you a slave and not a lover to me. I’m sorry, also…”

Myungsoo locked his eyes on Eunhyuk “I will be no longer Hyukjae, from now on I’ll be…”

Kyuhyun felt his eyes stinging and he just felt dizzy when Myungsoo drank from the yellow bottle, his silver eyes transforming into blue ones and he smirked.

“Free…” and he watched his hands “I’m free Hyukjae, but how?”

Eunhyuk smiled sadly “Alchemist…”

“Good bye Eunhyuk.”

“Mn.”

When Myungsoo closed the door, stepping out from Hyukjae’s life, Siwon knocked the door, opening the door while Minho appeared behind him.

“Hyuk, let’s travel to Korea, here has nothing for us.”

“Hyukjae, I…”

Eunhyuk stared at Minho “Call me Eunhyuk Minho, I’m no longer Hyukjae.”

“Why?”

Minho frowned and Eunhyuk chuckled “Because Hyukjae has left along with Myungsoo.”

 

 

 

 


It was hard to write this. I hope this had clear some things and cofuse you in another things xD

I hope you enjoyed it! -winks-.