Yun-Remember Me

Lunafly Scenarios

This lovely scenario is a request from a sweet anon wanting a one shot where you and Yun get into a car accident and you lose your memory, but ends happily ever after. Enjoy!! ^^

~Admin Bunny

(7/7/17 catch-up)

_________________________________________________________

“Yah, I think the weather it getting worse,” You swallow, looking up at the dark sky. It has been raining for a while, but it continues to come down harder and harder as time goes on. Lightning lights up the sky, making you jump in your seat. You always hated storms. Nothing good happened during them.

“Don’t worry, we’re almost to the cafe, then you can get your favorite coffee and I’ll even buy you a cheesecake if you want.” Yun grins, looking at you for confirmation.

You squirm in your seat. “Alright, just keep your eyes on the road!”


“Fine fine, calm down! We’re going to be perfectly fine. Look, I can see the sign right there.” He points the the bright green logo flashing on the side of the building a few blocks away, just past the intersection. Your heart slows a bit, and you feel a little better knowing it won’t be long until you can get out of this wretched car and get your dang coffee while Yun meets with his friends.

Yun pulls a hand off the wheel and reaches over to you to take your hand, knocking a half-full water bottle to the ground in the process. It rolls under Yun’s foot, just far enough away that you can’t reach it, but close enough for Yun to grab it easily.

“_____-ah, hang on for a second,” He mutters, glancing at the road ahead of him before ducking under the seat to make a grab at the bottle.

“Yun, what are you doing?” You say, concerned. “Yun, don’t, just leave it!”

“No, I almost got it-” He grunts, making a grab for it, but it slips from his fingers.

“Yun, please, watch where you’re going!” Panic starts to creep into your tone. “Get up!”

He ignores you and takes the bottle into his hand. This time it stays. “Got it!”

6 seconds. That’s all it took for him to get the bottle, but he was one second too late.

The light at the intersection turned yellow, then red just as Yun sat back up. You gasp as he slams on the brakes and curses, but the wet pavement sends the car skidding straight into the middle of the oncoming traffic. Horns honk and cars swerve around you, but none of them hit you.

“Oh my God!” You scream. “Yun, Yun, we can’t be here! We have to get out before-”

The driver of a large truck coming through the green light is too busy talking on the phone to see the car you’re in sitting in the middle of the intersection in time to stop. When he sees you, he slams on the brakes, but his truck slams into the passenger side of the car.

Everything happens in a blur. The car goes spinning out of control on the slick blacktop and finally come to a stop on the side of the road. For a moment, silence rings in the air. Then comes the mass chaos.

People are screaming, cars are coming to a stop all around. You try to move, but your body doesn’t respond. There’s something warm and sticky running down the side of your head, but you can’t seem to fathom what it is. Dizzily, you try to move again, but nothing happens.

“_____-ah!” A voice yells, a voice that seems so far away.

You try to say something, but all that comes out is a groan.

“______-ah, are you alright? ______-AH!”

Darkness creeps into your vision, black dots dancing before your very eyes. Sleep, you think. Yeah, sleep sounds so good right about now…

Sirens can be heard in the distance. Yun keeps trying to talk to you, but you’re fading fast. The last thing you hear is Yun telling you that he loves you and to keep holding on.

Then there’s nothing.

 

------------------------------------------

 

Beep. Beep. Beep.

“She’s going to be okay, isn’t she?”

“Don’t worry, physically she’s fine, but she hit her head pretty hard. We can’t fully examine her until she wakes up.”

“But she’s going to be okay?”

“Yes young man, she’s going to be fine.”

Who’s going to be fine? You wonder. Me? Why wouldn’t I be fine? You open your eyes and blink a few times until everything around you comes into focus. There’s a lady dressed in bright scrubs. The nurse. And a cute guy standing next to her, looking at you with wide, worried eyes. What are you doing in a hospital?

“______-ah!” He cries, leaning down to give you a hug.

You scream and push him back. What is he doing? It’s not like you know him, why would you hug him?

“______-ah, what’s wrong?” He takes your hands and starts looking over you, but you pull yourself out of his grasp and shy away from him. What is wrong with this guy? He may be cute, but that doesn’t give him the right to touch me however he feels like. Wait, what did he just call you? _____-ah? Who’s that?

“What are you doing?” You ask, folding your arms over your chest. “Who is _____-ah?”

Yun takes a step back in complete horror. You look between him and the nurse who has a sad expression taking over her beautiful complexion.

“Miss, do you know why you’re here?” She asks you.

You think for a moment, but realize you have no clue, so you shake your head.

“Do you know your name? Age? Where you live?”

Again, nothing.

“Do you know what year it is?”

This one you knew. “It’s 2014. May, I believe, right?”

The nurse give you a small smile and nods. Her hand reaches for her pocket and pulls out a small flashlight. “I’m going to shine this in your eyes for a moment. If you can just look straight at that wall…”

You do as she says and let her shine the obnoxious light in your eyes. “Well, good news is you don’t have a concussion. Bad news, you seem to have lost your memories. This could be due to the traumatic experience you just went through. We’re going to run a few more tests just to make sure there’s no internal bleeding before we proceed with any other treatments.”

“But, if she doesn’t have her memory, how will she get it back?” Yun pleads with the nurse. Poor boy, he looks so sad.

“There’s nothing we can do, but wait. You can try to jog her memories by talking about familiar things, like certain events or things that might help the healing process along.”

“But how long will that take?”

The nurse sighs and shrugs. “Three days, three months. There’s no way we can be sure. We can only hope for the best at this point. I’m so sorry dear.” The nurse gives you a quick check-up before leaving you alone with the strange man.

Yun lets out a breath and sits down beside your bed. “Well, I guess we better get this thing started. So, as you have already guessed, you names is _____-ah. You were born on February 19th, 1992…”

 

------------------------------------------

 

Two weeks. That’s how long the boy, Yun is his name, has been feeding you information, hoping your memories will return with just the right one. So far he had told you stories about dates the two of you have gone on, he went to your house and brought back some photo albums, and he even got your parents to come and visit, but nothing seemed to be doing the trick. He’d try something new and you’d focus on it for a while before drawing a blank and giving up. It was hopeless.

“This isn’t going to work.” You say for the nth time that day. Yun was holding up your favorite teddy bear that you apparently still sleep with and tried to get you to cuddle with him. You did, but nothing sparked. Your mind stayed blank.

Yun groans and collapses in the chair. “I’m running out of ideas. I’ve told stories, brought pictures, we watched all of your favorite movies, ate all of your favorite food, I even gave you your favorite pair of sock hoping there’s at least be a little bit of something.” He runs his hand through his hair and leans back, looking up at the ceiling with his eyes closed tightly. 

You sigh and turn to look out the window. Sitting on the ledge is a black guitar case. “Hey, Yun, do you play that?”

He looks to where you’re pointing and perks right up. “Yeah, why?”

“Can you play me something? Maybe that’ll do something.”

“That’s a great idea, why didn’t I think if that before!” Yun jumps up, newfound energy running through his veins. He grabs the guitar and a pick, taking a seat on the ledge. “There’s this one song that the two of us always sang together.” Yun’s fingers strum the first cord, letting it ring and fade for a moment before continuing on with the song.

The tune is warm, almost like a lullaby. You watch carefully as Yun’s focus is completely on his guitar and nothing else. The melody sounds familiar, like a song you heard once on the radio, but can’t remember the name of. You jump when Yun starts singing.

“I know I always had a heavy heart, I would always put up my guard, and I never thought of you. Should’ve stuck to you like glue~” His voice echoes in the room, the timber perfect for the song.

As he continues, you listen to the lyrics. With every line, there’s this feeling that creeps closer and closer from the back of your mind. Something...something happy, loving. It’s on the tip of your tongue, but you just can’t think of it. It’s driving you insane.

It’s when Yun hits the chorus that everything comes rushing back. The rain, the accident, everything comes flooding in as if you were caught in a terrible tidal wave. You gasp and Yun stops playing and looks at you, eyes wide. “_____-ah?”

Tears fill your eyes as your mind straightens everything out and puts it back in order. “Y-Yun-ah,” You gasp. “I…I…”

He drops the guitar on the floor and runs over, taking you into his arms. “Oh _____-ah, thank goodness.”

Sobs escape from your core and before you know it you and Yun both are crying enough to make a mot for the hospital. A nurse comes running in, wondering what all the commotion is about. When she sees the two embracing, she just smiles and retreats in total understanding.

“Yun-ah,” You say after you’ve calmed down enough to speak again. “Can you keep playing?”

He nods and grabs his guitar, sitting down on the bed with you and he picks up where he left off. This time you join him in singing along, resting your head on his shoulder. He smiles, breaking off to give you a kiss before he goes on with the second verse.

Outside the clouds part and let the sun shine brightly down on the world, just the way it’s supposed to be. Forever and always.