As Peaceful As A Fish

A Dream Of Peace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae's P.O.V.

 

As peaceful as fish gliding through water. That is my ultimate dream; to be as peaceful as fish gliding through water. Their fins flow effortlessly in the clear, smooth water. How can a fish be so peaceful? They are so lucky, to live without the worries of everyday.

The ladies in the office on the other side of the tank have their hands plastered to computer keyboards. I hope that my now troubled life will allow me a better job than a school office worker, combing through documents and updating student information.

I pity those stuck in a life that they should get more from. I watch the glistening orange fish weave in and out of their tank ornaments, gliding along gently with the current caused by the filter.

Hot air caresses my cheek as lean arms wrap around my waist. I let out a shaky breath as I stare at the reflection in the wall of glass. “I love you Hae.” Is whispered gently in my ear, followed by the almost non-existent feeling of lips brushing against my pink tinted cheeks.

A traitorous bead of water slips from my eye, followed by another. ‘I love you too’ gets caught in my throat as the person I stare at in the reflection softens his gaze on me.

“I-I c-can’t. I just can’t do this.” I mutter, staring into his pain-filled, almond-shaped, brown eyes. I force myself out of his arms and head straight for the nearest bathroom at a brisk pace.

I in a shaky deep breath as the smouldering tears mark tracks down my cheeks, staining them. I grasp a wad of tissues and dab furiously at my now-reddening eyes. I take a few more deep breaths, calming myself as the bell rings shrilly through the slightly cold spring air.

I walk hurriedly through the sea of students, not wanting anyone to notice my slightly swollen eyes. Please fate, be on my side today. I manage to manoeuvre through the huge student presence in the corridor, gladly meeting the classroom door.

 I take a seat near the back of the class; I don’t want to be noticed today. Chocolate brown eyes meet mine as he sits at a desk, conveniently placed directly beside mine. “Please talk to me Hae.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter