35

Catching My Brothers' Feelings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I Want to Dream with You (Forever) - SNSD

 

 

CHAPTER 35

Author/No One's POV

“Ah, it’s freezing!” Sooyeon exclaimed as she rubbed her palms together. Gureum asked if the other girl was okay and she nodded.

 

“Let’s grab dinner, eh?” Sooyeon insisted and brought her to a nearby coffee shop. The plan was kicking in. The plan was on go.

 

She discreetly texted Kyungsoo that Gureum and she were on their way which made the guy frantic and nervous. His hands trembled and his heart beat faster.

 

This was it. All he needed was for her to say ‘yes’.

 

After a few minutes of walking, they finally reached Heaven to which they were greeted by Ryeowook at the entrance.

 

“Oppa!” Gureum greeted as Ryeowook gave her a friendly hug. They had a small chitchat on the way in and she was astounded when she only saw Kyungsoo and Jongin inside.

 

Kyungsoo smiled although he looked pale and scared to what might happen next.

 

“He prepared this for you,” Sooyeon said and gave Gureum an assuring smile. Gureum walked in as she was ushered by Jongin to take a seat.

 

“Merry Christmas,” Kyungsoo softly said and Gureum just nodded her head.

 

She wasn’t like other girls. She was nothing special yet here she was in front of Kyungsoo. What did she have to deserve this?

 

Nobody uttered a word except for Ryeowook who served them their dinner. It wasn’t because they were concentrated on finishing the food but the atmosphere was just beyond awkward – different.

 

Kyungsoo would seldom steal glances at Gureum and the girl would do the same. Kyungsoo felt his heartstrings being tugged every single time.

 

After they finished the meals that Kyungsoo prepared, Ryeowook, Jongin and Sooyeon bid goodbye to leave Kyungsoo and Gureum talking.

 

The three left and Gureum spoke up.

 

“This is too much. I don’t deserve this.”

 

“But you do. You just do. You deserve all of this. It’s me who doesn’t deserve you,” Kyungsoo rebutted.

 

“I don’t deserve your love, Kyungsoo. I just don’t. I feel so unworthy. I feel so plain.”

 

“You’re special. You’re extraordinary,” the boy replied and stood up.

 

Gureum followed the boy’s suit as he led her to the mini jukebox by the corner of the coffee shop. He inserted a few coins and started playing a familiar song.

 

Nal anaehaejwo~ Geudaega salgo issneun gosenado hamkke daeryeogajwo.

 

Kyungsoo held her hand and pulled her closer to him letting her feel his warmth – his touch and his love.

 

“Kyungsoo,” Gureum uttered as she pulled herself away.

 

“I can’t accept your love. I can’t love you. I don’t want to learn to love you again,” her lips quivered as she looked at him directly.

 

The boy in front of him smiled but tears formed in his eyes. He looked up to prevent them from falling and then looked at the girl he loves one more time.

 

“I was too late. Wasn’t I?”

 

Gureum nodded her head and apologized once more.

 

“It’s already ten and it will take you more than one hour to get to Han river because of the traffic,” Kyungsoo said with the smile on his face slowly disappearing.

 

“Kyungsoo,” Gureum muttered.

 

“Go, Gureum. I know you love him and it’s not your fault. It’s mine. I was the one who’s late,” he forced another smile and Gureum impulsively hugged him before leaving the coffee shop.

 

--

 

Gureum fastened her pace to get to the subway in time for the next train ride. She sighed upon the idea of being late but hey, she was already late. She lined up for the ticketing booth which was so long and this crushed her spirits even more.

 

Kyungsoo’s words haunted her. The boy was right. He was late and she was completely in love was somebody else. N

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter