Talent Show

천방지축 소녀 (Clumsy Girl )

Life is perfect for me I have a lovely house, a father who happens to make a lot of money, and a rotten older brother although we have our differences I love him dearly.

Waking up one morning I hop out of bed putting pink slippers on, I stretch while gazing out the window across from my bed, curtains blow calmy. Walking up to the mirror, I place my hand on my head wear my hair had been standing up. My mother had brunette hair, and the trait had been passed on to me. My gown swishes as I walk toward steps that tirl down to the main floor. " Charles, is my breakfast ready?? " I said with a Happy tone. " Of course. Did you sleep well?" He said with a smile. "I slept Great!" I replied. " I haven't had a decent sleep for some time now."  "Is James up yet?" Charles asked with a curious look. " Probably not. He doesn't get out much." I murmur under my breath" Suddenly loud footsteps were heard and soon after James swings himself over the railings on the steps and yells. "Gotta go I'm gonna be late!" He rushes out the door dropping his job application on the floor. " James you have forgotten your job application!" Shouted Charles who had a annoyed expression on his face. Charles was a middle aged man had few grey hairs beneath the black , he often wore a black waistcoat a white undershirt with a black bowtie to match.

"I should probably get dressed and go down to the market today" we only have a couple days until summer break." I'll be back down stairs in a few minutes." Walking up the stairs I see a picture of my father, and I can't help but think about how much I miss seeing him, he is never around and rarely sees us, occasionally he visits but is busy most of the time.  I shrug my shoulders and pass through the wide hallway leading to a big doorway to my room. On my bed lay a red high cut jacket, a white tank top and skinny jeans. While dressing I turn to the side infront of my mirrior to see how I look. " I must be forgetting something" "Oh yeah today is the day of the Talent show!" Hmm I'll definitely show those losers who can sing."

Trees shade my eyes as I walk through the crowd of people over to a stand of fruits and vegetables at the market,  as I approach the apples, A boy around my age working at a vegetable stand yells trying to get people to buy the veggies. " Get your nice and juicy carrots!" He shouts to the crowd of people the were approaching. The boy had short brown shaggie hair, who was an exchange student from Korea. I then realized I've seen him once at school while I was walking to class. I grab a couple of apples, place them in my recycled bag I bought so I didn't have to keep buying plastic ones. While approaching the boy he drops a few of his carrots. " Aish" he whispered under his breath. "Excuse me?" I said.  The boy looked up at me. " Ahh what can I get you?" He said with a slight smirk. "4 carrots and  2 cabbages." As the boy hands me the cabbage our hands slightly touch, I then hurry and put the cabbage in the bag to avoid awkwardness. "That'd be $13.50" The boy stated. Looking inside my wallet I pull out a twenty and hand it to him. " I looked at the watch on the boys hand." Oh no I'm not going to have enough time to reherse!" I thought to myself. " Grabbing the cabbages I run to my school which was close by.

"Wait miss you forgot your change!" "Keep it!" I yell As I run up the street the boy shouts " You also forgot your Carrots!"  By now  I was to far away to hear him.

"Brrringggg" "Brrrinnnng" A sound was made as the man picked up the phone. "Hello" he said in a stern voice. The man had black hair a smooth face with warm eyes, and was wearing a black suit, with a matching black tie. "Did you pick up the sketches for the new structure for the building site in Korea? The voice responds " Yes I'll come in at 5:00 pm to drop them off sir. "Ahh okay see you then, have a good day. The man said smiling. "You too sir" the voice responded. "Sigh" The man looked at a picture sitting on his desk it was woman with long brown hair smiling brightly, almost as if it were taken by a professional photographer. The phone began ringing again. The man answered " Anyeong!!!"  It was the sound of girl. "Anyeong Hwayoon-sshi."  " When are you going to visit us!? I'd love to meet your daughter!" Hwayoon says anxiously. 

" Whenever our building structure we're working on gets under control we still have planning to do." "It's always buildings with you"  She says in a whiny voice.  He laughs embarrassly, while he scratched his head."  The girl begins yelling at another voice " HELLO DONG-MIN-SSHI!! " the male voice shouted. "

H-Hell" Before Dong-Min could answer they started bickering back and forth. Hwayoon shouted " NAM KYU!! Why do you always interupt me when I'm on the phone??" He ignores her and continues talking " I've been gardening but I don't know what flowers to use, what do you think?" Ya! " Why would you ask him such a question?" Hwayoon looks at Nam Kyu and laughs. " Hahah you two always have bickered at each other like a married couple." Dong-Min stated as he began to laugh. " We do not!" They both stated." Ahh well I better go to the store to pick up some flower seeds. " Bye Dong-Min-sshi!"  " Goodbye, have a great day you two." 

*Pant. Pant* Finally I'm at the school. Placing my hand over my head, I whipe the sweat off.  " I need to hurry and get ready by the looks of it the talent show has already started. "  It had been getting dark by the time that I've gotten to the school, walking into the school entrance people were walking around with fancy dresses, dance outfits and even ballet tutus. "Wow everyone looks so stunning."

While walking into the bathroom, reaching for my brush, two girls walk in.  " Haha looks who it is" One had dark brown hair and the other girl had bleach blond hair. They were wearing stunning outfits. The girl with blond hair was wearing a strapless dress that was above knee length, including purple sequinces it was skin tight, and she had black high heels to match. Standing next to her was a girl slightly taller than her, wearing a dress that's almost identical except the fact it has a sleeve on one side and the other side is sleeveless. "What do you think you're doing here? This isn't the circus." They both chuckled in my dispense.

"Very funny." I responded sarcastically.  I turned over to the two girls. "I'll prove to both of you that I have talent."  they both laughed. " Good luck with that, just remember you can never compare to us, you'll always be a loser no matter how hard you try." They both walked away  flaunting their expensive satin purses. I crinkle the right side of my nose. "No they're wrong I'm not a loser, I'll prove it no matter what!" as I hold my fist up while shouting this, an older lady walks into the bathroom, while she's looking at me, i quickly putting my hand down, and walk out of the bathroom.

When walking out of the bathroom, people were heading to the auditorium. When pacing through the hallways, a stage lit up the whole auditorium, while walking toward the stage, my eyes pondered around the many contestants on stage preparing for their acts.  On stage the two females that were in the bathroom were practicing a routine, it seems they were doing a duet with a dance to go with it. Looking at the two girls, my nose crinkles again. "Don't worry they don't have anything on me." I said to re insure myself.  A man who had stood on stage announced "Amy Little will be preforming a dance routine to Beethoven's Midnight Sonata". As the man walked off stage Amy began to dance while wearing a ballet tutu. As Amy's perfomance went on my hands had started to sweat from anxiousness. " These acts are so good can I really compete with them?" I thought to myself.

" I can compete with them I just know it!" "Give it up for Amy! The Mc yelled excitingly. While the audience clapped the two girls that were in the bathroom made their way to the stage. While glaring at them the Mc announces " Welcome Maria and Sarah they'll be singing and dancing to Single Ladies by Beyonce!

"Hey Lady can you please sit down!" yelled a man from the audience. Oh I'm so sorry "I looked to the side embarrassed, and found a seat in the front row next to the older woman that happened to see my reaction in the bathroom.  Music began to play. Sarah who had blond hair started singing, and soon after Maria.

I stick my lips out, showing disinterest. Then they started dancing the actual routine. My mouth widened. " They are actually good" I slapped my head with both hands. "OHH why, why why!?" The older lady looked back at me as if I were crazy. I whispered " I'm sorry" I turned to the side smiled with embarrasment and continued watching them.I stick my lips out, showing disinterest. Then they started dancing the actual routine. My mouth widened. " They are actually good" I slapped my head with both hands. "OHH why, why why!?" The older lady looked back at me as if I were crazy. I whispered " I'm sorry" I turned to the side smiled with embarrasment and continued watching them.

"They must be lip synching" I tried to convince myself, but their dancing and singing is so amazing. I bit my lip. "Am I nothing compared to those too.."?? Sarah looked at me while she was singing the chorus as if she were rubbing it in my face that she is so much better than me.Soon it ended and Maria ended in an extravigent pose while Sarah ended in a high note. The audience went wild, My mouth dropped. Sarah Nudged her head to the side, than they both bowed, and looked at me and walked away. While dozing off into space thinking about how I need to step up my game, the Mc said " Odilia Yeun" I looked up, and ran up the steps to the stage.

"We're ready when you are said the Mc" I smiled and bowed. I'll be singing Nobody by the Wonder Girls. My face started to turn red with embarrasment. Slowly I opened my mouth and began to sing " You know I still love you baby" My voice began to quaver and crack, I keep singing, as soon as I knew it I was backing up toward the back of the stage, and tripped into a garbage can. " I'm stuck" I whispered. I began biting my lip, "What to do, What do I do?" thinking to myself, Sarah and Maria, yelled from the audience. "BOO GET OFF THE STAGE!" "What a freakshow" they laughed. The whole audience was laughing. "Someone please help me" I thought the embarrassment would never end.

Soon the boy from the market stand walked in. " That's the girl from the market earlier today" He told himself.  Soon tears started forming in my eyes. I simply couldn't move. " What the hell was a trash can doing here in the first place???" The boy jumped up to the stage, " Are you okay? " He looked at me"
No I'm stuck I tried to kick my feet. He then tried to pick me up but the trash can tipped over. "Oww" as I hit the floor my body finally becomes loose. The audience was dying, they thought it was hilarious. When trying to get up I fall to the floor, from my legs being numb. "Here I'll get you away from here" The boy responded caringly. " Reaching his arms out he swoops me up, one hand supports my legs, and the other supporting my waist. After we were soon off stage,  He continues to carry me until we get outside.
 
Gently he puts me down. "Are you okay now?" He looks at me very closely. "I think so... Thank you so much, if you didn't show up when you did, I don't know what I would have done." "No need to thank me, it's a good thing you are okay though." " You shouldn't worry about what Sarah and Maria have to say they like to bother people having a hard time to make themselves feel good." Looking down I whispered " I guess you're right..." "Now you should go home and get some rest." Looking back at him, I tried to smile but all I could manage was a crooked one. "Do you need a ride?" "No no I couldn't possibly ask you for one, I'll be fine I think fresh air will do good for me." I managed to say without my voice cracking.
 
"Alright, get better soon." He said smiling he patted my shoulder then walked away. 
 
"Why does this always happen to me?" Maybe some fresh air will calm me down." I said trying to calm myself down. While walking a drop of water landed on my face. " No, are you serious??" I sighed, it was sprinkling. " Well a little rain didn't hurt anyone I suppose."  Right after the rain started to pick up. In just a few moments I was soaked. While slouching as I walked a black car pulls over beside me, " Hop in" He then smiled. Opening the door, I slipt trying to get in. "Careful" he laughed. " I sat down and rubbed the side of my face. "
 
"This is it, thanks so much for everything." Before he got to say anything I ran into the house. " How did it go?" Charles asked. I ran past him up the stairs into my bedroom then closed the door behind me.