The Unbreakable I

The Unbreakable Series

As Taemin gazed lifelessly at the starry, night sky, one of his hands swung around a silver, shiny locket.The only pure silence that accompanied him at that night sounded so guiltless. In intervals, he would hear the crickets singing sad melody, which he felt like, specially sung for him.

 

'Taemin, I wanna break up.' 

 

How profound that line, that solely line, had borne a large hole in Taemin's heart, only God knew. He was staggered to the point where he could just faint at that time, if his legs were not strong enough to support him. Taemin took a really deep breath and tried to calm his anxious heart.

 

'Why?'

 

The only word that could come out of his mouth.

 

'I'm getting married next month. Everything has been arranged. The bride is Sulli.'

 

Sulli used to be Taemin's best friend, but like a war, they got into a huge fight two years ago. Taemin's heart shattered at the time when Sulli had announced to the whole entire school that she truthfully despised girlish men. Even though the statement was indirect, Taemin felt as if he was just slapped by his own best friend.

 

And what hurt him the upmost was that,

 

Sulli was getting married to his own boyfriend. Perhaps, it sounded improper to call Minho his boyfriend now that they had broken up. However, calling Minho his ex, sounded so wrong to Taemin's ears. His breath hitched when he felt a warm exhale behind his neck.

 

"Oppa," Sulli called him.

 

Taemin closed his eyes shut. 'What's wrong with her?'  He thought. He opened back his eyes and exhaled noisily, puffed of chilled air were blowing out of his mouth. He slothfully yet warily turned around, just to meet with Sulli's pretty gaze. He looked away, anywhere but the girl.

 

"Oppa, I'm sorry," Sulli apologized, eyes stuck down on the ground.

 

Sulli had a lot of things needed to apologize for, so Taemin wondered what this apology was for. There were just too many mistakes done at once. An infinitesimal sly smirk curled at the edge his lips. He also wondered where he got the guts to smirk in these moments.

 

"Oppa, I'm really sorry. Really, I'm so sorry. Oppa, forgive me," Sulli whispered forcefully loud, clear tears collecting in her eyes.

 

Taemin's smirk extended wider. 'After all of this time, now that it happened, you're apologizing to me? After all the s that happened? Sulli, really...' Taemin thought as he gave a short chuckle.

 

"Apology unaccepted," Taemin said harshly, with the expressionless look on his face.

 

"Oppa!" Sulli cried; finally, the tears were too much to be held that they streamed down her pale cheeks.

 

"It's your entire fault, Sulli. He died because of you!" Taemin shouted.

 


 

FLASHBACK - TWO DAYS AGO

 

Light chortles filled the noisy air as they joked with each other, biting earlobes and necks. Taemin scoffed and pulled away his eyes from the hurtful sight. He swallowed the big lump in his throat when his eyes helplessly connected with the sight of Sulli and Minho playing around.

 

"Oppa, you bit too hard. See this." Sulli whined babyishly, and that sounded so irritating to him.

 

"You'll see it more when we're on bed." Minho replied, putting his big palms on the girl's small but round s.

 

Taemin scoffed again, a little louder in the hope of them realizing his presence in the room. He wondered since when Minho played with s instead of s. He silently waited for them to eventually realize his presence.

 

"Oppa, are mine big enough for you?" Sulli asked, sounding so .

 

"I like s more. Are yours bite-able?" Minho answered with a question, and Taemin sensed by the sound of his voice, Minho was slowly hardening.

 

Sulli looked at Minho with a suggestive look. Taemin scoffed again but they were too immersed in their heating conversation to notice him. He turned away bit he could not deny that the scene was making him hard as memories of his s with Minho flashed by in his mind.

 

"Do these look tasty to you?" Sulli questioned as she slid her hand under the shirt and pulled down her bra.

 

Minho gulped when the view of Sulli's round kissable s came jutting from under the thin shirt. The shape was perfectly shown. Minho bent down and put his plump lips around the right covered . Sulli moaned sinfully when a tongue, a wet one, came in contact with her . She pushed herself more to Minho, making the man surprised and pulled away.

 

"Oppa, play with my s. Please..." Sulli begged shamelessly.

 

Sulli raised herself off the couch, and stripped off her shirt. By doing so, it gave access for Minho to fully look at those small, but feisty-looking s. There were finger marks on the s, which Minho had assumed happened due to his hard grip when they were biting each other. Suddenly, the girl jumped off the couch, making her s bounce– which led to Minho his lips.

 

"What a cheap ," Taemin muttered under his breath as he looked away.

 

Taemin could not hold himself any longer. He immediately rushed off the room; his intention of calling them for dinner utterly forgotten. Tears unknowingly gathered in his eyes when he told himself that he should be in Sulli's place, not the girl. He hid beside a closet, soft muffled sobs flowing from him.

 

"Appa?" A toddler voice interrupted the hushed silence.

 

"Szara?" Taemin called out, wiping his tears, just in case.

 

"Appa! You're here," The toddler cried in happy surprise.

 

"No. I'm not your Appa. Call me Min-Min," Taemin said, standing up and strolling to the toddler.

 

Szara clapped her hands and indicated for Taemin to pick her up. Taemin giggled. By just looking at this innocent baby, he forgot all of his problems. He carefully picked the light toddler up and secured her in his arms.

 

"Min-Min, where's Eomma?" Szara asked, playing with his nose.

 

"Eomma is ... playing with Appa," Taemin replied casually.

 

"Szara wants to play too! What game are they playing?" Szara asked again.

 

"They're playing ... 'Push-Push'. You can play this when you're adult." Taemin cautiously chose his words.

 

"It sounds fun! Yippee!" Szara cried as a smile blossomed on her face.

 

Taemin nodded his head. Well, says who, was not fun?

 


 

"You lied! You ing lied to me, Sulli! There’s blood when we’re having last night. You were a until last night! Then, who’s Szara? Who’s her if she’s not my child?" Minho bellowed in his fierce voice so loud that Taemin thought the glass windows would crack.

 

"No. How many times should I tell you? Szara is our kid. She comes from your seed, Minho!" Sulli explained, slightly shouting at the end of her line.

 

Taemin scrambled off his bed when he heard the couple shouting and cursed at them endlessly. He was about to switch off the light when he discerned another figure stirring on the other side of the bed. His footsteps were swiftly stopped as his eyebrows crossed together in focus. 'Who the hell slept with me last night?' Taemin thought as he remembered how he got himself drunk while trying to ignore the shouts and moans that were banging into his ears from the room next door.

 

It was Minho and Sulli's room.

 

Taemin pulled the thick blanket and looked at the figure.

 

'Szara?'  Taemin thought when he saw the girl opened her eyes sleepily.

 

"Min-Min? Szara can't sleep. Who's shouting?" Szara asked, rubbing her eyes and sitting up.

 

"Min-Min wants to go and check out. Szara coming with Min-Min?" Taemin offered, recalling the shouts that irritatingly woke him up.

 

"Szara is afraid," The girl cuddled up against his chest helplessly.

 

"Come to Min-Min. We'll go to Appa and Eomma, okay?" Taemin said while wrapping the girl with his scrawny arms and picking her up.

 

Taemin, as he promised, brought the toddler to the room adjacent to his. She knew pretty well that it was her parents' room. There was only silence in the room. Taemin softly knocked and turned the doorknob with no noise produced. He and Szara pushed the door open; just to be invited to the sight of Minho slapping Sulli straight in her face. Taemin was shocked and he almost loose grip on Szara.

 

"Eomma!" Szara screeched in a shrill voice as she twisted her body to get loose of Taemin's limbs.

 

Szara's feet landed on the floor and she toddled to Sulli, her Eomma. She cried mutters to Minho for being a bad Appa. Minho looked up and saw the horrified face of Taemin. A guilty feeling swollen up in him as he scrutinized the unexplainable countenance on Taemin's visage.

 

“How dare you slap me, Minho?” Sulli yelled while palming her reddish cheek.

 

“You and this girl, both of you are ing es that lie! You’re cheap , Sulli. Now, out of my house. ing now!” Minho shouted clearly to them, pointing his forefinger towards the door.

 

Taemin widened his eyes as he stepped closer to Minho. This was not the Minho that he knew, unless something big happened. He never saw this side of Minho. As he reached Minho, he could hear rushing footsteps of the tiny feet of Szara to him. Just as her small palm was about to grasp small part of his shirt, Sulli seized her from back and dragged the kid with her. A loud bang on the door and they were gone.

 

“Minho, what’s wrong?” Taemin asked softly, staring deep into the round eyes.

 

Minho engulfed Taemin’s body in an unanticipated fashion as he rested his head on Taemin’s shoulder. The younger boy felt so wrong to return the hug. He felt so, so wrong.

 

“I’m sorry, Taemin.” Minho muttered incoherently.

 

Yet, Taemin heard every single word clearly. He never expected that that night would be their last hug.

 


 

Eventually, the day arrived. The wedding day of Minho and Sulli. In spite of how much Minho despised this wedding, especially after the night occurrence, his mother insisted that it was just a childish misunderstanding. Taemin understood the old woman, who was just like Minho; she would strive to achieve her wants. He accepted it though. Even though how painful it was for his heart, he kept nodding his head when Minho asked if he was okay. ‘Fool Minho. We’re not in a relationship anymore. Why do you still care about me?’ Taemin though while maintaining his forced fake smile.

 

Presently sitting in a black car next to Minho, he kept glancing at the tall charming man. Since the sun was rising, Minho had that tight face. Taemin chuckled when he saw the hard expressionless visage and that made Minho asked him question.

 

“Why are you chuckling?” Minho asked, still focusing on the road.

 

“You should smile. Today is your wedding day.”

 

“T-Taemin. Are you sure with this? I mean-“

 

“Yes. It’s okay. Things always happened when we don’t want to, right? I’m sure you’ll be happy with her. Perhaps, your mom is right. It might be just a slight misunderstanding.”

 

“But I still l-“

 

His phone rang out, cutting his line.

 

Oh, how much Taemin hoped Sulli did not call at that time. How much Taemin prayed Sulli did not say those words. How much Taemin wished Minho did not drop the phone and lose his grip on the steering wheel.

 

Oh, how much Taemin hoped their car did not crashed…

 


 

Taemin hated it; the fact that he was alive from the accident but Minho did not make it. He felt bad. As he looked up at the inky night sky, tears pooled in his eyes and blurred his sight. He missed Minho damn so much. He really, really, really, needed the man back in his arms.

 

He loved Minho…

 

He needed Minho…

 

He wanted Minho back…

 

Tears streamed down his pale scratchy cheeks. A small whine started to flow out of his throat. He had been holding in the feeling, coating it with his feeble patience, but it seemed not enough. The feeling was swelling up and up. He could not contain it anymore.

 

“Minho…” He whispered out longingly.

 

He hoped Minho would be there, helping him. He wished Minho was there to lend his shoulder for him, to embrace him in his homely hug. Nonetheless, he knew that Minho was gone. Minho would never be back to laugh with him, smile at him, hug him, kiss him, and love him. He dropped onto his knees, head hanging low as he held tight the locket he received during their 3rd anniversary.

 

“Minho...” He wailed, mourning.

 

“I’m sorry, Taemin.”

 


 

The first story is up. To newcomers, actually, I made Taemin died in the original oneshot. However, majority wants me to edit the ending and write a sequel. And this series is born. You may ask me any question if you don't get the storyline. I'll update the next story tomorrow. (If I receive any request of posting it today, I might do because some of you had read this story before, just different ending)

 

sapphysw