The Archers

The Archers
Please log in to read the full chapter
“Ha! It’s that day again, isn’t it?”

 

Cheondung looked back and recognize immediately who spoke. Behind him, walking with a bow and arrow in hand is none other than the other k-pop idol known on his archery skills, Dong Joon of ZE:A.

 

He just nodded in recognition to Dong Joon and proceeds on getting his archery equipments to the locker he was assigned.

 

When he was posted on his shooting spot, just a couple of yards from where Dong Joon was who was already shooting arrow after arrows. As he looks up the target board, Dong Joon mostly shot in near the bull’s eye and some arrows actually hit the bull’s eye spot.

 

Cheondung drew a deep breath before he started shooting arrow on his target board. Some arrow was far from the target that he bet it either scores a three or four in the real competition. It’s completely obvious that he lacks of practice opposite of Dong Joon who seems to be getting better each time he saw him at this archery club which is rarely since he rarely come at this time of the day.

 

After a couple of minutes passed, Dong Joon was finished with his practice and comes near him to bid goodbye. He just nodded again in response. It’s not that his hostile toward him, it’s just that he is not in the mood to make small talk when he see that what he need is more practice to make sure that he will not be squashed in total defeat on tomorrow’s game.

 

He sighed and put down the bow on a table behind him. He comes near the customer service and asked the receptionist. “Does Dong Joon come hear often?”

 

“Yes, Sir. He comes once a week or sometimes two times a week always around this time. Why did you asked, Sir?”

 

“Ah...nothing. He’s just really good.”

 

“But his not a member of this club, Sir. Not like you.”

 

Cheondung smile a little to the receptionist, “Yes, I know. But let’s just keep that a secret, okay?”

 

The receptionist smile while nodding at him in answer.

 

He roam his head around the place, there was no other client that is not a member inside the archery club. Seeing this, he returns to his spot, pick up his bow and arrow and make a deep breath before he pulls the string of the bow with the arrow on it. And just before he has release the arrow, a smile form in his lips knowing full well that he can finally release all the stress he had the entire week without anyone seeing how he will do.

 

As the arrow fly from its bow to the target board, it was not a question of whether he practiced or not, it is now a question on whether he had allow the arrow to hit its target. With a swishing sound of the wind and a thud on the target board, the arrow hit the spot he eyed for….the center…the bull’s eye he had wanted to hit earlier that he let away because Dong Joon was at the premises.

 

Soon after, arrow after arrow was flying into the target, hitting the center of the target board in repeated motion. The center target has no more places to pierce that the next arrow already cut the arrow that hit before it. 

 

He can finally say now that he was enjoying himself.

 

Unbeknownst to his friends and the MBLAQ members, he actually loves archery. When the group first started to participate in the Idol Star Olympics on the Archery competition, they all was given time to practice at least an hour a day, two days before the competition. They went to an Archery club, but not this one and started practicing there.  After the Idol Star Olympics was held, their group started different activities and schedules that he felt that he need something to keep his mind grounded thus he decided to went to an Archery club, which is this one and as they say the rest is history.

 

He stops shooting arrows when there was nothing left on his side. He was about to get some more when he notice new client c
Please log in to read the full chapter