You are my Happiness

You are my Happiness

Pain spread throughout Byunghun's right leg.

With his eyes shut tightly, grasping his limb as if it were the last thing he had, he bit his bottom lip to keep away from screaming. But no, he couldn't hold in the burning pain. 

"Aghh!! Ughh..." he cried, literally tears falling from his eyes.

He finally looked over to his bleeding gash on his knee and gagged. It was a horrible sight to see, he couldn't bare it any longer.

"Someone please help me!" he cried in desperation. His breathing became heavier, and his head started to ache. 

Coach Jung and other fellow players crowded around Byunghun and examined him.

Seorin stood there at a distance, with her eyes wide open in shock. 

"Sunbae..." she murmured.

She tried to take one step, but she knew she wasn't well with painful situations like this one. She gulped in panic. Her head looking down to the grass, her eyes moving rapidly right to left. She gulped again and looked up at Byunghun lying there in pain.

"Byunghun Sunbae!!" 

She ran off towards the crowd. But by the time she got there, Coach Jung already sent him off to the hospital. And everyone was worried...

"Who's going to be our team captain now?" Changjo asked, concerned.

"What's going to happen to Byunghun?" another player asked. More voices raised and the players began to question Byunghun health.

"Appa, please tell me he'll be okay. He'll still be able to play soccer, right?" Seorin asked her dad in anxiety. 

"I can tell you...but I can't be for sure." You can see the disappointment in Coach Jung's eyes.

Seorin's heart sank and her mind was scattered with mixed emotions and thoughts.

"Byunghun Sunbae...will he be alright? Will he still be able to play? What if he never gets to play soccer again?"

Those questions just kept running through her head. She knew how important soccer was to him.

"Seorin-ah," her dad put a gentle hand on her shoulder. "Let's go home..."

"What about Byung-"

"We can't do anything right now."

Seorin's eyes started tearing up. 

"Appa...w-we have to do at least...something." 

"For now, leave it to the doctors." Coach Jung headed towards the car. "We can go visit him later if you'd like."

Seorin gave a relieving smile to her dad, and got into the car to go home.

--

*ONE WEEK LATER*

"Seorin-ah, looks like you're going to have to go by yourself," Coach Jung said as he headed out the front door.

Seorin walked along behind her dad to the car.

"W-what do you mean? I thought we were going to visit Byunghun Sunbae together...you're his coach anyway, so you have to come!" 

"Aniya, I can't" Coach Jung got into the car, closing the door and rolled down the window. "I have an important meeting I got to go to...Mianhe, Seorin-ah. I'll visit him another time."

"But today's the only day we can visit him..." she looked down in disappointment.

"I know, I'm sorry..." he said in guilt. "At least you're going to visit him today, it's always better than not having any visitors at all."

With that said, Coach Jung rolled up the window and drove off.

--

"Thanks, Changjo, but are you sure you don't want to come with me to see him?" Seorin got out of his car and looked at him.

"No, I already visited him yesterday! He's gonna think that I'm like...over-protective of him" with that said, Changjo nodded his head.

"You suuuuuuuure??" Seorin questioned him.

"Aigoo-yah..." Changjo sighed, then looked at Seorin. "Just call me when you need a ride again, okay?"

Without hesitating, he drove off, leaving Seorin alone at the front of Byunghun's house.

Not knowing really what to do, Seorin walked up to the front of the door, hesitating whether to see him or not. She was nervous to see her crush, all alone...but before she knew it, she rang the door bell.

"Coming!" 

Seorin heard an unfamiliar voice that seemed to belong to a woman. Suddenly, the door opened to a lady with a warm smile on her face.

"Aigoo, hello! Are you here to visit Byunghun?" she asked excitingly.

Seorin nervously, but naturally bowed and gave a small, innocent smile to the woman and replied, "Yes, I'm here to see him."

"Oh, well, I'm his mother. It's nice to meet you!" the lady said. "Please, come in!"

Seorin entered the house and surprisingly, it smelled very nice. Everything was neat, organized, and tighty.

"You're house is very nice" Seorin complimented.

"Aha~ Thank you, sweetie. By the way, Byunghun is right in there," and she pointed over to a door at the end of the hallway. "I was actually just going to go out to get some food at the market..Will you be alright here with Byunghun? I need to go now.."She grabbed her handbag and headed out the door.

Seorin had a worried look on her face, thinking, "What?! Now I'm all alone with...Byunghun Sunbae" and sighed. Her nervousness grew bigger.

--

Seorin opened the door slowly, just peeking in at first. She found that Byunghun was sleeping on his bed, and noticed a cast on his right leg from where he was injured. From the window above him, Byunghun was gently showered in sunlight, and it looked as if he were really an angel from heaven. 

Seorin opened the door all the way, but she was suddenly startled by her phone ringing to TeenTop.

"Yeah~ so what i'm trying to say baby...is yo luv, plus mah luv...supa luv~ you know you wannit, how dat sound? hahaha..."

Afraid that the ringtone would wake up Byunghun, she struggled to take out her phone from her bag, then glanced at who was calling, answering quickly as she could.  

She turned around into the corner of the wall and whispered, "Wae?! Chunji, I'm busy right now."

Not caring about Seorin's business, he answered back saying, "Yah! Why didn't you tell me you were visiting Byunghun! Give me his address so that I can come over and see him!! NOWW!!" 

"Not right now, Chunji, I-"

"I DON'T CARE! You can't do one simple task like telling me where he lives?!" Seorin heard Chunji yelling at her while walking over to where Byunghun was laying down.

"Chunji, calm down...I'm going to-"

Suddenly, a hand grabbed firmly onto Seorin's wrist and she immediately looked up at Byunghun's open eyes.

"Sunbae..." she whispered.

"WHAT?" Chunji mistakenly heard.

"N-nothing...I'm going to hang up now, Chunji. I'll..I'll talk to you later, mm?" Seorin put her phone away while her eyes were still locked into Byunghun's.

It was quiet. Seorin was unprepared. She was nervous.

"What do I do? What do I say? What do I do???" she thought.

Byunghun gave her a warm smile. "Did I scare you?"

Seeing his smile, she blushed and returned another smile to him. "No...not really."

He jokingly smirked at Seorin, letting go of her wrist. He tried sitting up, but the pain was still there.

"Aughhh..." he moaned.

"Sunbae, you should lay down and rest," Seorin tried to help him, but he insisted on sitting up.

"I'm fine, Seorin." and he gave her a reassuring smile.

She still looked worried about Byunghun, but he was actually holding in the pain. He didn't want Seorin to worry too much about him.

"Sunbae..." she said looking down.

"Wae?" he tried looking at her face, but she kept looking down.

"Do...you think you'll be able to play....ever again?" She finally looked up at him, with tears in her eyes. 

Feeling a small tear roll down her cheek, Seorin immediately wiped it off, along with the rest of her tearful eyes.

Byunghun couldn't help but wipe off her tears as well, bringing her to come sit on the bed, face to face.

"Seorin-ah..." he began, "Please...don't cry."

She sniffed and tried to hold back the tears that seemed to keep flowing out. She couldn't stop crying.

"Don't worry," Byunghun gave her another reassuring smile and moved the hair that was cover her face, over behind her ear.

Surprised, Seorin looked up at him, noticing that he was smiling at her.

"Why are you smiling when you don't even know if you can ever play soccer again?"

Byunghun kept smiling at her.

"Doesn't soccer make you happy?" she continued.

He stopped smiling and thought for a moment.

"...I don't need soccer...to make me happy."

Byunghun looked up at Seorin again...only closer.

"You, Jung Seorin,...already make me happy."

Her crying stopped...instead, her eyes grew wide in astonishment, speechless.

"I like you...a lot."

Byunghun looked at Seorin's lips and then back to her eyes.

Looking at her lips again, he moved his head closer...and closer.

As they both slowly closed their eyes, Byunghun landed his lips gently onto Seorin's

and kissed her, ever so perfectly.

"This is a dream..." Seorin thought.

Byunghun released his lips from hers and smiled, Seorin smiled even bigger.

"Now you have to call me 'Oppa' instead of 'Sunbae'" Byunghun said and winked.

Seorin gave a little laugh and replied, "Okay....Oppa...I like you too...a lot" and smiled.

"You...just made my heart even happier" Byunghun said while grabbing her hand.

They smiled together, hand in hand. Smiling the biggest smiles of their lives..

because now they know

that they are each other's happiness.