It's Not an Excuse

The Phantom [slow updates]

Right after Jill finished her food, she headed back to her room and when she opened the door, she was expecting to see her friend ghost but there’s no one inside. No ghost. No signs. She thought of where could he be; she even considered that he might went away already, but then she ignored her wonders hence took a few steps towards her bed. She sat at the edge of the cushion and reached for the remote control. Jill weighed her right thumb on the red button which turned the television on. She switched the channel to Cinemax – exactly her favorite movie is being shown – Iron Man! As she was at the of watching the said film, she didn’t notice that the ghost is already beside her.

“Whoa! Iron Man! Cool!”

The teenager girl stumbled of fright by the moment she heard voice of her ghost friend. She turned to him frowning and said, “Why are you always like that?!”

“Like what?”

“Like a mushroom that pops out of nowhere!”

He chuckled as if teasing her, “Hello! I’m a ghost remember?” said Kai pointing at his self.

“Can’t you do something first before you pop out? Like a warning that you’re here…”

“I’ve done it already right? Didn’t I speak up?” Kai smirked.

“Of all the ghosts you are the most stupid!” she hissed then shifted her gaze back at the television.

“No I’m not, for I am the coolest of them all!”

“I absurd!” she set her sight on Kai then leans close to him, “for you are the most annoying,” she leans closer to him, “the most embarrassing,” she leans her face much closer again, “and the most irritating ghost that gets into my nerves everytime I see, talk, and feel your presence!”

Their faces were like 3-inches away from each other until Jill paused as she locked stares, eye to eye with the ghost. Kai looked back at her. After sometime, she slowly moved her lips saying, “I suppose… in your life back then, you were a stubborn kid.”

“How’d you say so?”

She pulled back, breathed out deeply and transferred her attention back at the movie, “Nothing. I just felt like you were.”

“Hah! Your instincts are… something.” The ghost boy copied Jill’s position; feet are laid at the headboard while the right hand is set below the chin. He rested beside her and then said, “By the way, when are you going to help me?”

“Can you wait? You’re the one asking for help yet you are so demanding.” Jill replied with her eyes fixed on the screen.

“Wow! Too much said. I was just asking…” he grinned.

And the room is filled with deafness. The only sound that can be heard is the noise coming from the TV set and the every tic-tac of the clock inside the room. There was not even a word to hear. Nor someone wants to spill out something and break the silence; no nothing. They aren’t talking to each other up until the movie ended.

Moments later, a lively music all of a sudden packed the very four sides of the room.  You might as well want to groove with its beat by the time you hear it.

“Oh-my! That’s my phone!” exclaimed her as she grabs everything that she take a hold onto and then throws it away immediately clearing the path through where the sound is coming, “where art thou?” she yelped.

By the last pillow she caught, she finally found this white rectangular metallic thing which is the source of the music, “Aha! Found it!” she tapped her index finger over the mini screen and the music stopped. She placed the thing over her left ear then full of life she greeted, “Hello!”

She had a little chit-chat over the phone, not minding the ghost beside her – the ghost that was with her all the while inside her bedroom. Kai on the otherhand, was like – the hell?! – He’s just sitting on the other side of the bed staring at Jill with his cold face, which is actually having fun as she talks with on the other line. The girl where his eyes are nailed at suddenly jumped of the cushion as she laughs. She then marched out of the door and soon disappeared of his sight.

A while later when Jill came back…

“Oh yeah-oh yeah!” she giggled

Jill tossed her phone over her bed then walked through the bathroom. She pulled her tee then ped her shorts, unhooked her brassiere and took off her undies. She threw all of her laundry to a basket – rolled them up together like a ball and then shoots it. She scored for three! She hopped on the bathtub, closed the shower curtain and turned the rounded metal that’ll cause the water to rain down over her.

“♫It’s always a goodtime! Ooh-whoa-oh-oh-oh… oh-oh-oh… ooh-whoa-oh-oh-oh… it’s alw-♫”

“Ugh! What was that noise all about?” Kai irritatingly said.

Jillian looked unto her left where she heard the voice came from. There she saw the figure of a man – a shadow figure against the curtain standing still a meter away. Her scream echoed throughout the entire area. She quickly grabbed for her towel and then covered herself. She even wrapped the curtain around her body afterwards sneaked her head out and saw Kai, “What are you doing here?!” she yelled.

“Standing? Making myself visible to the human eye?” he tightened his shoulders up as he lightly raised an eyebrow at Jill with a naïve look.

“Argh! Making yourself visible to the human eye you say?” her right eyebrow practically formed a mountain shape, “you are making yourself visible to the human eye inside the bathroom knowing that someone is in fact having a shower – undressed!” she blurted glaring sharply at Kai.

“Ooops!” he gave a big smile.

“Don’t tell just ‘coz you’re a ghost you will be excused!”

“Uhm…” he laid a peep around like a kiddo being scolded while illustrating an imaginary circle on the floor with his right toe.

“Get out-now!” she stretched her right arm then pointed her index finger straight at the doorway.

Kai stood still and then mischievously smirked at Jill saying, “Yes ma’am!” he later on turned his back and walked directly across the closed door like a mist.