The Phantom in My Room

The Phantom [slow updates]

AUTHOR'S POV

It’s already 10 o’clock in the morning but Jillian was still sleeping in her dark room. The only light that can be seen is the glow-in-the-dark objects scattered all over her room’s walls. ‘Til three knocks at her door woke her up.

“Jill! Wake up! I’m going to work already!” shouted Mr. Locksmith

“Daddy! I’m still sleepy. Just lemme sleep, its summer anyway.”

“Ok… if that’s what you want then. I’ll go to work now!”

“Yeah!” Jillian exclaimed.

Jill turned to her right and covered her head with a pillow. After a minute, she burst out and sat up straight.

“Oh my gosh! That one was near death.” She said panting.

She sighed then slammed her back on the bed. Her eyes fixed on the ceiling of her room full of stars glowing in the dark. She then nailed a curve on her lips and faced to her left; resting her head over left arm and curled herself in a fetal position with her eyes shut.

“Hey…” someone murmured.

Jill’s eyebrows slightly furrowed.

“Hey…” whispered someone.

“What is that? I thought you were leaving dad?!”

“Daddy?! Do I look like a father to you?”

Jill grinned and when she opened her eyes, she saw this guy dressed in black lying beside her. She made an “O” of but nothing comes out, not a word or any. She swiftly jumped off the bed, grabbed a pillow and hugged it tightly.

“Who-wh-who are you? How-how did c-come here huh? What’re you doing in my room?!”

“I just went through.” He smirked.

“Get the hell out of here! Shoo! Daddy! Daddy!” screamed Jill.

She ran to the door as fast as she could but the guy in black suddenly appeared in front of her in a snap of fingers; blocking her way. Jill’s eyes widened. Her fright can obviously be read actions, in her expressions.

“Out of my way!” she hissed.

The man stood still in front of her; staring straight back at Jill’s green eyes.

“I said outta my-”

“Wow… your eyes are…”

He is about to put his right hand over Jill’s face when she went hysterical. She slapped and smacked and hit the man with her pillow until she realized that she was actually hitting on nothing but the air. She stopped. And slowly opens her eyes. There she saw the pillow as well as her arms barely went through the guy in front of her like a mist. Her grip on the pillow loosens which made it fall on the floor. She stared at her palms then swallowed hard.

“It-it just went through,” she turned her gaze at the guy, “you… you must be…”

Jill all of a sudden stumbled on the floor. The guy in black hardly locked his eyes on her as he gradually curves his back and look at the girl up-close. He gently poked her cheeks while she’s unconscious that made his lips automatically curve.

Later on, Jill went back to her consciousness and crawled away from the guy. She went at the edge of her bed then wrapped her arms around her legs hugging it. The mysterious man in black took steps towards her direction.

“Sshh… don’t be afraid of me.” He said calmly.

“Why shouldn’t I? You’re a ghost! Ya hear that a G-H-O-S-T!”

“I mean no harm. I’m not going to hurt you. I swear.” He continued taking steps closer to Jill.

“Whoa! Stop right there! Don’t you ever go near me.”

He insisted to get nearer to Jill although she gave him a caution.

“I’m warning you! Don’t you dare go near me.”

Jill shut her eyes then buried her head to her legs.

“Oh God! Please-please-please wake me up from this nightmare. This isn’t true-isn’t true. C’mon Jill-c’mon! Wake up-wake up-wake up!”

Jill opened her eyes at a snail’s pace and saw nothing but an empty space in front of her. She sighed then rested her head at the edge of the cushion.

“Hello! Hihi!” he giggled.

The girl squealed then ran fast away from him.

“Can you please calm down first? I’m not gonna hurt you. Trust me.”

She suddenly stopped running and then turned around little by little to face the unknown man.

“W-what do you want from me?” She said sobbing.

“O… why are you crying? I’ve done nothing to you.”

Jill kept on blubbing.

“Oh no… ok look, I’m sorry… I didn’t mean to scare you.” He stood up to comfort Jill.

“So you are a ghost?”

“Well… you think so too?”

And there was a gap of silence…

As time goes by, Jill calmed at last. She sat over her bed where the ghost she’s afraid of is also sitting at; they are side by side. She scarcely stares at him for a minute. It seems that she’s still uncertain about the mood she had right now for it’s the first she ever saw a ghost and yet had a conversation with. The phantom isn’t that spooky at all. In fact, his features are attractive. He can be compared to the member of this KPOP group EXO named Kai. His charisma and his carriage are likewise to Kai’s. Her thoughts of it abruptly faded as his lips nailed a curve on his face.

“So… you’re calm now?”

Jill simply nodded at him.

“Uhm, I’ll tell you this straight okay? I badly need your help.”

“Help?”

“Yup. Hopefully you can help me.”

“Help you…”

“Well, the truth is… I can’t enter Heaven. The gate is closed for me.”

“Errrh… because you really belong to the underworld and not above?”

“I dunnno. Perhaps?” He laid on the cushion with his arms as his pillow.

“But that was only my theory,” she paused for a while, “or maybe you still have some unfinished business here on earth that’s why they can’t accept you yet in Heaven.”

“Is that so?”

“Guess so… but wait, what’s your name in the first place?”

“My name.”

“Mhm!”

“I-I don’t have a name…”

“Huh? What do you mean you have no name? Every single earthling has names. What’s yours when you’re still alive?”

“I don’t-know…”

“Eh? How am I supposed to help you if you don’t know who you are?”

“That’s exactly my point why I’m seeking for your help. I can’t even remember the things I’ve done during my life back then.”

“Is that really possible?”

“We can never tell but it did happen to me.”

By this time, Jill and the boy ghost that asks for help already made a comfortable start for each other. But still, she can’t think of any names to call the anonymous spirit.

“Oh no! Don’t you have any bulbs lightened up on what can I call you?”

“None.”

“If that’s the case, then I’ll be the one to give a name to you temporarily. As soon as we find out what your real name is, then we’ll just erase what I am going to call you, alright? Is that fine with you?”

“Sure.”

“Hah! Just so you don’t have any choice but to say yes to me.” Jill muttered to herself.

“Did you say something?”

“Nothing! Ignore me… I’m thinking here.”

And merely because he looks like Kai, she promptly thought of it to name the nameless ghost. Her eyes landed to the huge paper posted on her room’s wall.

“Kai…” she whispered then suddenly burst out saying, “that’s what I’m going to call you, Kai!” She smiled.

“Kai?”

“Aha! Your name is Kai!” she chuckled, “Isn’t it brilliant?”

He barely gave her a blunt look.

“Why? You have any complains? You can’t afford to be picky at this very moment.”

“I spill nothing…”

After all the introductions of themselves, they went downstairs for Jill’s breakfast, or should I say her brunch (breakfast-lunch); the sun is already at its momentum of shining brightly and giving off intense heat to the earth.