๖ۣۜHer or Him

ExoYul's Collection ♪♪♪♪♪
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Present Time , May 22  2013, 2:00AM

 

“Help me! Please, Help me!”  Her voice was jagged as she called out for someone, anyone who would help her. 

 

She continued to run down the halls, her legs growing weak from the horror. Eventually, she found a dark, tight place in one of the bottom cupboards of the kitchen and hid. Holding her breath as she felt someones presence in the room. Her hands trembled in fear as she held a large butcher knife in her hands, closing her eyes as she prayed to God for this nightmare to finally end.

 

She heard faint footsteps coming into the kitchen. 

 

How did it come to this? She wondered as she thought back on her life. 

 

She never thought she would ever come to regret any of the decisions she had ever made, but deep in the depths of her heart she was slowly regretting how this situation came to be. She had let it get too far when she could have ended it all long ago but she had become too selfish, too greedy to accept the truth and now she was hiding for her life. 

January 2008

The university library was large and wide as she stepped through the doors. She let her eyes wander as she studied the room before her. It was massive in size, both inside and out. With books aligning every shelf and wall. She imagined that every literary work ever written could be found here. If there was one thing she loved it was the library.

 

In the short distance beyond her, was another person who truly loved the library more than anything else. He had found one of his favorite books as he made his way to one of the individual reading desks. Placing his book on the table, he tilted the reading lamp slightly to get better lighting on it. It was times like these that he remembered why he had chosen to come to this dreaded university in the first place. Although it wasn’t at the top of his list, he did recall hearing about its world-renowned library and it was the main reason he chosen to go there.

 

As he immersed himself into his reading, the young girl from before made her way to the English Literature section of the library. She searched high and low until she found the book she was looking for.

 

She had just started at this University and was mainly drawn to it when she heard about the library. It also helped that it was far away from home. No one here was aware of her social status, nor did they care. The big city living was a complete one-eighty from her previous small town lifestyle. There word got around quickly, too quickly, as she recalled being befriended and asked out by worthless, money-hungry people who were only after her family's money and status. That's all they had cared about. Eventually, she got tired of living in a place where people never really gave her the time of day. They were fake and she refused to associate herself with them. But eventually, her pride led her to become lonely and so she created a tough exterior to protect herself from being broken ever again. So as soon as she was given the opportunity to go away for college, she took the offer without hesitation and she never looked back.

 

“Chaucer,” She sighed with a smile. She was still surprised at how many books there actually were in the library and was grateful that she didn't have to go through them all to find it. 

 

They have pretty good organizing skill, she acknowledged and brushed her hand lightly against the binding of the books on the shelf.

 

She held The Legend of Good Women in her hands and she made her way towards the individual reading desks. She one of the reading lamps and flipped open the book as she began to read the first passage.

 

"The Father of English literature," A masculine voice broke the silence.

 

She snapped her head up at the sound and looked over at the beautiful figure standing beeside her. How had she not noticed him there before?

 

He was tall and boasted a face that would normally be seen on a priceless piece of art. Something that was idealized but almost impossible to come by in reality. 

 

She looked at the book he had opened on his desk. She could tell by the way it was written, what it was.

 

"Lost Paradise," She spoke confidently as her eyes met his. He looked almost impressed as a smile traced his lips. 

 

He couldn't remember the last time he smiled so genuinely at someone else. It had been years at best.

 

"I'm Sehun," He introduced himself as he extended his hand.

 

She took it in hers and shook it. "I'm Yuri."

 

Never would they have know, that small spark would ignite a flame that would engulf them both.

Several weeks passed as the two of them continued to meet regularly.

Sehun's heart felt at ease as he was finally to open up to another person. Something he didn't think he had missed as much.

 

He couldn't put his finger on it and he didn't really understand it, her of all people, but there was something about her that continued to draw him in. The hole that was left in his heart from long ago was finally being filled by another. 

 

There was a warm to Yuri, and he enjoyed her presence more than anything. Sometimes they didn't have to talk. Just being together was enough for the both of them.

 

Yuri as well, could also feel the healing effects of their relationship. Her once cynical perception on both love and life was slowly being diminished by her relationship with Sehun. She knew this immediately as her ice-cold heart melted away to a new warm she had yet to experience in so long.

 

"You hungry?" Sehun asked breaking the silence that had formed from focusing too much on the movie.

 

"Why, you going to cook me something?"

 

"I would, but I'd rather us go out and get some fresh air."

 

"Sound fine to me."

 

As she slipped on a pair of ankle-boots, Sehun made sure to turn off the television before he headed to the door way to get their coats of the coat rack. Grabbing her purse off one of the black stools and following close behind, Yuri made her way over to Sehun where he helped her put one her coat. They exited her apartment and made their way down the beautifully lit up streets of the city.

 

As they made their way to a stop at one of the intersections, Sehun noticed a car on his right hand side, coming at a dangerous pace in the distance. The light had already turned red but the car only continued as the cars on the other opposing lanes were beginning to move. On his left he saw a car and inside were two young boys. Would the other car have time to stop or hit him. He heard the tires screech as his closed his eyes, preparing to hear the impact.

 

Silence.

 

"What's wrong?" He heard Yuri say. Her voice was calm.

 

Had she not seen anything?

 

He looked at her.

 

"I-" He trailed off as he looked around and no matter what how long he did, he couldn't find the car that was speeding before.

 

"N-nothing. There's nothing wrong," He tried steadying his voice as he replied.

 

Was I dreaming? He shook of his confusion when Yuri tugged gently at his hand. He turned to her and smiled before they walked across the street and made it to the other side where the strip was. 

 

Known as the strip, this shopping district went down for blacks. It was designed to look like an outside shopping mall with both sides of the walkway packed with great shops and restaurants. No matter what day or what time it was, the Strip was always busy. On the weekends especially since it was near the college and housed the local movie theater, bars and clubs. Sehun had seldom gone there before he met Yuri but now, it had become a regular thing for the both of them and he was enjoying it nonetheless. 

 

 

"So, where are we eating?" Yuri asked as they held hands and walked down the wide pathway.

 

He brought her hand closer to him, bringing her in closer as well. His eyes bore into her and she remembered how she had fallen in love with him. These eyes that held so many secrets had a tendency to see right through her, something that no one else had ever been able t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter