Chapter 1

In My Dream

“Sweetheart,” I look away from my phone as Baekhyun walks towards me with a pair of dark blue jeans on his shoulder. “Do you think this shirt will look good with this jeans?”

I hum, picturing him in those skinny jeans with the sleeves of the shirt folded up, “Yeah. I think you’ll look fine.” Standing up as he pulls my hands with his muscular ones to hug my smaller figure.

“You smell so good.” I giggle when I can feel him sniffing my neck right on a sensitive spot. I pull away from the hug to caress his sleepy face. Eyes droopy and a little swollen, how cute.

“I just took a shower, of course I smell good. Now, you go shower, Baekhyun! We have a long day ahead of us and I don’t want to waste more time, okay?” I shoo him, patting his bum when he elicited a childish whine from his lips, not wanting to part just yet.

“But I still want a hug!”

I laughed watching him pout like that, making me want to kiss his pink lips. “We still have plenty of time for that, Baek! Be quick okay, I’ll wait downstairs.”

 

 

With a pillow on my lap and munching an apple, I wait for Baekhyun getting ready. As I my eyes wander around the living room and my mind trying to list all tasks that should be done later in the day, a picture catches my attention. It was a picture of me and Baekhyun on his graduation day, me holding a flower standing next to a proud Baekhyun who was holding his diploma certificate.

That was the day where he first confessed to me that he wanted to spend forever with me. Not him asking me to be his girlfriend (we got together on Junior year), but not yet him proposing me. I was confused. Therefore, I asked him, “are you proposing me?”

“No.” He firmly said, I was confused. Before I got to say something, he explained to me that he just wanted me to know that he was serious with me. That I was the person who he’s going to spend his savings on.

“Not yet. I still need to work hard first. When I am sure that I can support you and give you a comfortable life, then I’ll propose to you. Till then, please wait for me okay?” He said with his eyes a bit watery, lips pulled up slightly forming a gentle smile. I was beyond shocked. Never in my life would I thought that he’d want to marry me in the future ­–not that I doubted him, though.

At that time, I felt nothing but overwhelming affection coming from him. I was trembling, with teary eyes I nodded vigorously, “I’ll wait for you, Baekhyun. I promise I’ll be there through your ups and downs. I love you so much.”

I kept my promise, I watched him struggle to get a job. Working overtime to get to where he is now, a head marketing manager in a big company with more than enough salary. I was grateful for all his effort, I swore to myself I would never hurt him and I would love him with all my sincere heart. It was a year ago that he finally proposed to me in the simplest way, but very memorable.

We are now preparing for our wedding, which will be held in the next two months. I can’t help but to grin remembering all those days, not realizing the opening and closing of our bedroom door.

“Why are you smiling creepily like that?” He teases me.

I juts my tongue out, “I was thinking of ways to kill you, you know.”

He feigns a scared face, “Oh my God, who are you? Where is my sweet and sane fiancée?”

“Baekhyun, I’m wondering who’s the idiot between one of us.” My stomach hurts from laughing at his playful antics, playing along with my stupid sentence earlier.

“It ain’t me for sure.” He winks at me while fixing his watch, making him looks ten times hotter.

I throw the remaining of apple that can’t be eaten and grab a water bottle that I have prepared to be filled with infused water. Walking back to the living room, I watch him rummaging through my bag, “What are you looking for?”

“Your car keys. But it’s not here.” He answers. I frown, trying to remember where I last put it. “Oh, wait, here it is. Okay, let’s go, babe.”

 

 

“She thought that this is too much though the design is pretty. Right, sweetheart?” Baekhyun embraces my shoulder to pull me closer. We are at the bridal, consulting with the designer about my wedding dress.

I nod thoughtfully, “I personally like a simple but elegant design, not that this dress is not pretty. It’s gorgeous, but maybe this will fit me more with less sparkle.”

“Okay, I got it. So less sparkle, and less puffy, right?” The designer thinks to himself before smiling widely, “other than the decorations, do you have any problem with the other parts?”

I mutter a no and thank him. Before leaving, the designer told us to come back next two weeks to do a final check on my dress. On the way to our car, I tell Baekhyun that I am craving for some barbeque. He immediately agrees as he also is in love with meat.

 

 

It was already 11 PM when we arrive at home. I fell asleep due to exhaustion on the way back, “we are here, love. Do you want me to carry you?”

I yawn sleepily, massaging my sore neck, “it’s okay, babe. I can manage.”

Leaving Baekhyun to park the car, I walk straight to our bedroom and wipe off my make up, washing up a little bit to get the sticky feeling off my skin. Not as sleepy as earlier, I grab one of Baekhyun’s t shirt and wear it as my sleeping attire. Baekhyun is already sitting on the sofa in front of our room’s window, his body slumped, arms supporting his head.

“Baby, go take a shower and sleep.” My fingers are in his messed up hair, untangling them all the while massaging his head lightly. He hugs my legs to pull me closer and leans his head on my tummy. I push him back only to settle on his lap, body wriggling to get a comfy position.

I hug his neck, bringing his head to rest on my chest. Babying him cause I know he loves being treated this way, and some what my expression of thanking him for accompanying me today. He must’ve been so tired driving all day. I insisted do the tasks all by myself but he rejected my idea despite knowing that it meant him losing a day off for him to rest after a whole week of working.

“Thank you for coming with me today, Baekhyun.”

“Sure thing, love.” His voice muffled.

“I’ll go and prepare the bathtub for you, okay babe?” I tell him softly while giving his head little kisses. I yelp in surprise when he suddenly stands up and carry me to bed. He lays me down on my side of the bed and kiss my neck lovingly. I reach out to his wrinkled shirt.

“No need, baby. I’ll just take a quick shower. Go sleep first.” He stands up and take his shirt off, sauntering to the bathroom. I pull the blanket up until my chin, feeling a little cold and close my eyes. I am half asleep when I feel the bed dipped from Baekhyun’s weight. I turn my back to him and let him back hug me to sleep.

“Good night, Baekhyun.” I mutter softly, drifting off to sleep. With a kiss on the back of my head, Baekhyun whispers, “night, baby.”

---

Author's note:

Hi guys! It's been so long yeah? What, 4-5years? So sorry I kinda stopped writing because I felt like my writing . But now that I reread my stories, I miss writing so... here I am!

If some of you are still here then, I hope you guys can forgive me! I changed the whole story (though not the plot) including the character. Please do give me feedbacks though, so I know what to improve :)

I just hope now that I feel more confident, I'll try to update this story and finish it. Thanks for reading!