Something Left Forgotten

Something Left Forgotten

I posted this in my tumblr like last week.. but I forgot to also post it here.

It was inspired by this post.

 

Something Left Forgotten (working title because AFF wants a title..)

 

Onew pushed open the door slowly and peeked inside the room. From that angle he could see his jacket in a hanger at the wardrobe. He bit his lip thinking it should be alright to just go and get it. He would need it in the morning after all and he didn’t want to bother Jonghyun, he was always in a bad mood when that happens. He still couldn’t believe he had left his clothes in Jonghyun’s room that night; they had been in such a rush that he forgot all about them.

He took a step in the room and glanced towards the bed. For a moment his breath caught in his throat. Jonghyun was lying on his side and the only thing Onew could see was his silvery hair and his y back in full display to him. The sheet was in disarray all over the bed too not covering much of Jonghyun’s body that was only clad in a pair of boxers.

“Jonghyun..?” He whispered quietly trying to figure out if the other was awake or not.

Nervously he took a further step in the room. He was cautious as he moved towards the wardrobe as if he was doing something naughty or just extremely secret that he didn’t want anyone to know about. He rolled his eyes suddenly realizing how silly he was being but he was used to seeing and sometimes hearing the other singer move around their dorm at the darkest hours of night. As he glanced again towards Jonghyun, Onew couldn’t help but think it was surprising to find him sleeping so earlier.

His hand brush the harsh fabric of his jean jacket for a moment before he grabbed the hanger prepared to just escape the room. He turned to leave but as he stole one last glance towards his group member he found himself swallowing hard and his thoughts running in another direction.

Jonghyun was sleeping so it should be okay, right?

He moved towards the bed slowly and carefully hugging the jacket against his chest. He stopped just few inches away from bed and while biting his lip in an anxious gesture he put the jacket down in the floor. Onew just stood there watching the other breath evenly and peacefully in his sleep for a moment until he finally leaned forward a bit with his hand outstretched. He took a deep breath feeling his heart racing now that he was close enough to finally brush his fingers through the silver hair that had fascinated him since day one. Just when he touched a soft, strand of Jonghyun’s hair though his hand was grabbed and he was pulled forward falling on top of Jonghyun his hands automatically trying to find purchase in his very warm, firm chest. 

Onew stayed still for a moment in disbelief trying to figure out what happened and when he looked up his widened eyes met Jonghyun’s amused ones and he just knew he was blushing bright red just like his own hair at the moment.

He wanted to say something, anything really, but his mind had taken a night off apparently and he couldn’t do more than stare as Jonghyun’s smirky smile grew until the other was chuckling quietly in his face. 

He pouted in embarrassment and tried to move off the other but Jonghyun’s strong arms held him in place. 

“I wasn’t doing anything bad, Jonghyun! I just w-wanted to.. I thought I saw something and I-I.. stop laughing already!” Onew hit Jonghyun with his elbow and tried to glare at him but soon enough he was just smiling sheepishly at him.

“Ready to tell me what you were doing now, hyung? I could hear your loud breathing the moment you entered the room. I thought you were out to kill me or something.”

Onew rolled his eyes and reached down towards the floor for his jacket just as Jonghyun’s arms again wrapped around him tightly making it almost impossible for him to move.

“I just came to get my clothes. You were sleeping so I..” He paused and looked at Jonghyun again. “Your hair.. you know.. I.. yeah…” He sighed in frustration and embarrassment hiding his face in the other chest when Jonghyun started laughing again.

“Oh yes, I do know you have some sort of with it.” 

“Ahh don’ say it like that, it sounds weird.” 

He felt the body underneath his own shift as Jonghyun kept laughing and finally he looked up to meet the other singer’s bright eyes again. 

“It’s okay, hyung, you know I don’t mind when you touch it. As long as it’s you it’s okay.” The sweet puppy smile that Jonghyun was giving him was not fair at all.