Dear Seung Hyun/Ji Yeon

"Dear Love,"

     I walked passed by her room, I can't help but to miss her. Her scent and everything about her, while walking inside her room, something caught my eyes. A book, I opened it and saw it was a diary. I began reading it. I flipped over the diary to read everything until I reached her last note. I breathed deeply and started reading.
  

"Dear Seunghyun,


        I am sorry for being a burden to you. I shouldn't have let my feelings control over me. Again, I'm sorry. I also hoped I've been a good wife to you but I guess it's too late to say it to you. If you're reading this, don't cry, I'm not worthy of your tears. I just wrote to express everything that I can't say to you. It's because I'm so afraid of you. I actually didn't mind you for shouting at me, throwing me all your tantrums. I'm already used to that but still I can't even say a word to you. The truth is, I want to leave I want to get away from this life. You had succeeded making me regret my decision. I know in time we'll both find someone who will be there for us. For you, it'll be someone that will bring so much happiness to you, someone who can love you unconditionally. Someone, who will be better than I am. As for me, I guess it'll be someone who can love me with all his heart and cherish every moments of us together. Oh geez, what am I saying? This is crazy I should zip my mouth now. So Seunghyun, I wish you all the best. If ever we meet again I hope you already found your true love and I really do hope you’re happy along your journeys.

Sicerely,
   Kim Ji Yeon"

    A tear escaped my eyes as I read everything that she wrote in it. I know it's my fault that she left. I know it's never too late to tell her everything. I don't want to end it yet and I have no plan on ending our relationship. 'Where are you Jiyeon? I need you here with me, I want to tell you how much I love you how deeply sorry I am. I know it's not enough to say 'sorry' but I will do anything to prove you how serious I am to you.' I took a pen from her drawer and opened her diary again. I started to write in it.
 

"Dear Ji Yeon-ah,


       I'm really sorry for everything that I have done to you. I know this wouldn't be enough for you to forgive me for all my mistakes. I wanted to let you know how hard it is for me to show all my feelings for you. I'm sorry for treating you like a fool. You are not a burden. I was wrong for saying that, it was me. I am a burden to you, I' m really sorry. I'm sorry I wasn't so expressive, for being a bad husband, for making you cry every day and night, for hurting your feelings, for being selfish. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Please come back, I don't want anyone else but you. I always knew you were the one for me. I hated myself more than you hated me. If we ever meet again there's only one thing that I will do, I'll come running to you, hold you close to my arms and say how much I love you, and that's for sure. I pray to God that I can find you so I can be that someone who will love you with all my heart and cherish every moments of us together. I LOVE YOU so much Kim Ji Yeon.
 

Your loving husband,
     Choi Seung Hyun"

    I closed the diary and made my way out of the room. I'm hoping I can see her again. I really need her with me. She's all that I wanted and she's the only one I care for.

 

    "Seung Hyun-ah..." a voice from behind suddenly brought me to my senses. I must be going crazy. I'm hearing Ji Yeon's voice right now. I shook my head. "Seung hyun, are you alright?" It spoke again. I continued shaking my head and then I felt a warm hand on my shoulder. I look over to my right and it shocked me. It's her. It's Ji Yeon. She's back! She gave me a nervous smile as I stared at her deeply studying her face. This is real. I'm not dreaming. I held her hand and placed it on both of my cheeks. "Ji Yeon-ah, where have you been? I miss you." I said as I pulled her for a warm embrace. She pulled away from me. "I'm sorry I-" "No! Don't leave me." I cut her off. "Seunghyun, please-" "Please don't" I cut her off again. I hugged her again. This time it's tighter. "Seunghyun, please listen..." she said as she broke away from me. I looked at her sincerely. She bowed her head. She's still not used on looking at me. "I'm sorry that I have to leave. I just want to have some time alone. I hope you understand. I don't think we're getting better. You know that right?" I was about to cut her off when she placed her index finger on my lips to shut me off. "Seunghyun, I see you have read my diary. I'm sorry... I am sorry Seunghyun... I- I..." she stared crying. Why is she crying again?

 

     “Shh… don’t cry Ji Yeon. Stop saying sorry. I should be the one to apologize not you.” I said as she looked at me with her slightly puffed eyes. She took the diary and hugged it close to her chest. “I wrote something in it, too.” I continued. She then flipped the pages of her diary until she reached the last written page. She looked at me with confusion. “I want you to read it. I know what I wrote there wasn’t enough.” I said as I tucked her hairs on the back of her ear. She breathed deeply and started reading what I wrote. I just stared at her while she read. Tears are falling in her eyes. After she read my note she stared at me. “Why?” she asked. Huh? “What do you mean ‘why’?” I asked in confusion. She started hitting my chest with her fists. “Why Seunghyun? Why do you have to make me feel this way?” she said still hitting me. I grabbed both of her hands and placed it on my chest enough to feel my heart beating. “I’m sorry Ji Yeon-ah… I’m sorry for everything.” I leaned my forehead on hers. “I love you Ji Yeon-ah. Please don’t leave me again. I want to be the one who will love you with all my heart and cherish every moment together.” I said sincerely to her. She raised her gaze to meet mine. “Seunghyun…” she called to me with a smile. I missed that sweet smile. I let go of her hand and cupped her cheeks. “Don’t go anywhere without me Ji Yeon, okay? I will always be here with you. I will be your husband forever.” I said then I leaned closer to her to kiss her sweet lips. We shared a romantic kiss until she pulled away. “I love you too, Seunghyun-ah. I promise I won’t leave again.” She said as she embraced me.