His Imagination; The End

His Imagination

"Aren't you going to get out?" 

Kai's father, Kim Junmyeon, asked as he already exited the car and walked up the steps to their house. The old two story house, the house that held an odd feeling whenever you'd enter. 

Seeing as his father stepped inside their house, probably to go to his step-mother, Kai sighed as he swung open the car door. Closing it, he went to the back seat and opened it as a little girl of her young child years stepped out. 

It was his little sister, Alexis. Despite them being Korean, Kai's little sister had an American name due to their real mom being half American and half Korean. But she was gone now. No, not because their dad left her, but because she had died when Alexis was only 6 and Kai 10. 

Kai breathed out with a soft smile at his now 12 year old sister as he closed the door. Walking a few steps towards the house, they dreaded going inside as they had disliked their step-mother, Kim Hyuna. Kai never considered Hyuna as his new mother, he had this bad feeling about her. 

Suddenly hearing running footsteps, Kai watched as Alexis ran to the plum tree that was planted in front of the old and dark house. He chuckled when he saw Alexis plucking some off, occasionally biting into them to consume as she was hungry during the whole ride back home. 

Turning to the house, Kai narrowed his eyes as he strolled by it, seeing the walls chipped and peeled. The outside of the house may have been creepy looking as well as just plain scary, the inside was neater and clean. But it still held that eerie feeling. 

Passing by the many windows of their two story house, Kai squinted his eyes at the open windows, but inside was pitch black. Like nothing was in there when he knew well that furniture was placed in each room. 

Kai turned his head as he heard soft sqeaks coming from the used swing sets, the wind brushing by causing the seats to slightly swing back and forth. Disliking that, he pursed his lips and then landed his eyes on Alexis. 

Alexis was now kneeling on the ground, looking through her picks of plums and Kai couldn't help but grin at the sight. Alexis was the only person he loved through his whole family, ever since their real mother had died, Kai hated his dad for moving on so quickly and finding himself a new woman. 

A woman who was their father's co-worker. Ignoring those hateful thoughts of his dad and that woman, he focused back on Alexis. 

"Alexis," Kai called, but she paid no attention to him. Maybe she didn't hear him, Kai thought, so he called her name again. 

"Alexis!" This time, she turned with a surprise expression plastered on her face. Kai lovingly smiled down at her as he held out his right hand, his body turned around as he was waiting for her. 

Breaking out into a wide set smile, Alexis sprung up from her kneeling position and ran towards her older brother, her hand reaching out and locking with Kai's. When Alexis reached his side, Kai and her started running towards the gate that was placed on the side of their house. 

Chuckles and giggles escaped the pair as Kai opened up the gate, guiding Alexis behind him and now running side by side with her down the dirt road towards the lake where the dock was. Their dock. The dock that they always go to. 

~*~*~

Kai and Alexis sat side by side with their bare feet dipping into the water, the hot sun layering them with warmth. Alexis stared down at her feet, her eyes sweeping over the water.

Kai let out a sigh as he glanced at her, his lips curving upwards as he laid back on the dock. With his arms behind his head and supporting him, he grinned as he looked up at the bright blue sky. 

"It's so beautiful." Kai said, motioning to the scenery as well as the place. It was peaceful, especially since there wasn't any people out here for a few miles. All there was were the plants, fields, and just dirt. And of course, their house. 

Seeing as Alexis didn't reply, Kai sat up and looked at her. He then looked down at his hands, observing the lines that were on his, and everybody elses' hands. Turning to Alexis, he nudged her with his hand. 

"Give me your hand," He told her, and Alexis curiously lend her hand in his own. With silence filling them, Kai the lines and looked at each one. After a little bit, Kai's eyebrows furrowed. 

He held out his other hand to her, "Give me the other one." 

Observing both hands, he looked over the lines carefully. Alexis tilted her head to the side, using sign language to Kai asking why.

Kai almost forgot that Alexis was mute, but he glanced up at her and ruffled her hair. Kai then opened his mouth to reply, but before he could do so they heard their dad's voice.

"Kai!" He called, and the two stood up. Picking up their shoes and socks, Kai and Alexis ran up the dock and onto the dirt road back home, but Alexis came running back as she almost forgot her hair clip. 

Grabbing that, Alexis ran back to Kai, who waited for her, and the two then ran back home. 

~*~*~

After cleaning their feet, the pair then placed their shoes outside the house near the door and walked in, feeling the coolness of the hard wood floor. 

Kai walked foreword only to see Hyuna. Their step-mother. She stood in front of them as she sickenly smiled, a smile that she didn't show when their dad was around. 

"Welcome home, kids." Hyuna started, her gaze going from Kai to Alexis. 

"Why didn't you guys go straight inside when you two got here?" Hyuna's eyes darkened as she glared at them. "Instead, you guys went off to that damn dock. Even when I cleaned up the whole house for your arrival." 

Kai clentched his jaw at her words, his eyes locked on Hyuna as he glared at her. Kai slipped his hand into Alexis' and held it tightly, trying to reassure her that everything was alright when he noticed Alexis tense up. 

Hyuna's stare then traveled down to Alexis, a dark grin forming on her red lips.

"I see that you've gotten better," Hyuna said to her, stepping foreword with her hand reaching out to touch Alexis on the head. But she stepped back with widened eyes, it was obvious that Alexis was scared of Hyuna. If they knew what Hyuna did to her, you'd understand why she was scared.

Kai stepped in front of Alexis, protecting her from Hyuna as he looked at her in the eyes. A sneer left Kai as he stared at Hyuna, feeling disgusted at the woman in front of them. 

"I see you've gotten better as well, Kai." Hyuna repeated, this time directing it at Kai. He didn't reply, but he narrowed his eyes down at her. 

"Why don't--" Hyuna started, but Kai cut her off. 

"We're fine, okay? Now just leave us alone, we're going to our rooms." Kai harshly said, grabbing Alexis to go in front of him as they both walked up the creeky stair case. 

Hyuna stared in shock at the two, she wasn't expecting that answer out of Kai. Gritting her teeth, Hyuna opened . 

"Y-yah! I made you guys your favorite dinner! Why don't you come down and help prepare some dessert?!" Hyuna blurted, her anger slowly seeping out despite her efforts of hiding it with kindness. 

Kai ignored her calls, ushering Alexis to go down the corridor to their rooms. 

~*~*~

Kai unpacked Alexis' belongings and placed them in the original places as she helped out, unfolding the clothes and then placed them out in the organization they were supposed to be. 

He grabbed her notebook filled with pictures of them, her diary, and her drawing notebook and walked over to the desk. The desk was one of those old ones, where they had a cover on top to pull over so you could cover whatever you put on the desk and its mini shelves. 

When Kai unlocked the top, he flipped it open and was about to set her books down but to only see books already there. But what shocked him was that they were the same exact books, as in it seemed as if someone had copied all of Alexis' personal books and placed them there for her already. 

Kai's eyebrows furrowed at the sight, the books were exactly like Alexis', but he knew that she didn't have any copies of them. And she was never near the desk when they were unpacking. So who could have done it? 

Telling Alexis to finish putting her things away, Kai curiously put down Alexis' real books on the side and picked up the ones that were already there. 

He untied the blue ribbon to her diary and opened it, flipping through the pages and landing on the last entry. Setting a bookmark there, Kai grabbed the one at the side and untied the blue ribbon as well, going to the last entry. 

He set the two side by side and scanned the dates, realizing that the one Alexis had with her during the trip was written on June 1. While the one which was already at the desk was written on May 5, the last entry before they went for their vacation with their dad. 

This struck Kai with much confusion, so the one that he brought over was the real one. And the one already at the desk was just a copy, it was as if someone had copied everything from her diary, but didn't get the last one. 

Kai then bent down lightly to scan over the writing style, they seemed similar, but he could tell the difference between the two. The 'fake' one had a small swirl at the letter g, while he knew that Alexis always used a long swirl at the end of every g she wrote. 

It might have been a small thing, but it wasn't to Kai. Kai knew that Alexis ALWAYS used her swirls long, she never wrote any g with a short swirl. So Kai figured out that someone must've bought a copy of every notebook Alexis had and copied everything she wrote or doodled. 

But why though? And who? Kai kept racking his brain for any ideas, until he mentally slapped himself for not regarding her sooner. Hyuna. Kai accused Hyuna for the one who copied everything, for some unknown reason, and placed the books there. 

Standing upright, he felt a tug on his sleeve. Slightly jumping from the sudden tug, he turned quickly to see Alexis standing there. 

"What are you doing, oppa?" She asked, using her sign language as she stared up at him with those big doe eyes. The same doe eyes that Kai loved, as well as their real mother. 

"Nothing, but go ahead and draw some pictures, okay? Wait for me until I'm done," Kai instructed her, giving her the drawing notebook with a pencil. Watching her walk over to her bed and start drawing, Kai turned back to the books. 

Sighing softly, Kai picked up the copied ones and placed down the real ones in their place. Closing the top lid, he locked it and secretly stuffed the others in her suitcase. Locking it so she wouldn't know, he placed it under her bed. 

Standing up, Kai then picked up the clothes that Alexis had laid out on the bed. He then slowly walked over to the closet she had, the same closet that scared her so much. Not because of any 'monsters', but because of a horrible memory. 

Clicking his tongue, Kai ripped open the doors and was about to grab one of the many empty hangars to hang her dresses and shirts with her pants, but to only find clothes already hung there. 

This was getting suspicious, Kai glared at all the clothes. Kai was there when Alexis packed for their trip, she had taken everything out with the help of himself. Nothing was left in the closet when they left, so how did the dresses get there if Alexis nor him went near the closet until now?

Hyuna probably bought her new dresses while they were away, Kai thought, but they were all the same dresses as Alexis had now. So what the hell was going on? 

Pursing his lips, Kai ripped off all the dresses that were hung and harshly threw them onto the floor, shocking Alexis at his outburst. Kai continued to do so, leaving Alexis cowering in surprise, until every dress was gone and nothing was left in the closet. 

Quicky hanging all of his little sister's clothes in the closet, he shut the door tightly as he looked down at the piled up dresses. Picking them up, he walked over to Alexis and sat down on the bed. Apologizing for scaring her, he carressed her cheek and told her to go to sleep. 

Following his orders, she got ready for bed despite the fact that it was only 5:30 p.m, and went into bed after. her hair until she fell asleep, Kai stood up and made sure everything was neat and alright. As Kai stepped out of the room, he saw a glance of Hyuna walking into the kitchen. 

Clutching the ripped dresses in his hands, he stomped down the stairs and towards the kitchen. He seriously needed to talk to her, what is with this woman? When he entered, he saw Hyuna sitting down at the table going through newspaper. 

Growling, Kai walked up and slammed the dresses down on the table, startling Hyuna greatly. She looked up at Kai, then the dresses, then back to him. Kai glared at her as he stood there, it was as if she's acting dumb. 

"Why did you put the dresses in her closet when we left?" Kai barked, his eyes slowly darkening as he glared at her more and more. 

"I decided to give Alexis more dresses, what's wrong with that?" Hyuna asked, a twinkle in her eyes that Kai couldn't decipher. It's like she was mocking him. 

"But they're the same dresses. You buy her new dresses, but they're the same as the ones she already has. The only ing difference is that you bought her this while we were away, and she had the same ones when she was 11 years old!" Kai screamed, slamming the dresses back onto the table again. 

"Yah! Don't yell at me like that, I'm your mother!" Hyuna stood up, the table rattling due to both impacts. 

"You're not my mother, and you never will be." Kai said, his voice dangerously low and threatening as he felt his fists tremble with anger. 

With those last words, Kai walked off from Hyuna, ignoring her stare and her screams at him to come back to her and apologize.

"ing ." Kai cursed, his mind becoming dark and hazy as he walked down the corridor. He felt as if he could just kill anybody, and without any question, his 'other' side slowly seeped out as he went into his room. 

That night, the screams of people could be heard. But nobody would hear as they were miles away from civilzation. Until a family of 3 passed by, and Kai knew he just got caught. But he didn't care. He was actually laughing, laughing like the maniac he always was. 

~A few years later~

"Why did you murder your family?" Kai's therapist asked, both of them sitting in his cell as they sat across from each other. 

"That witch isn't my mom. Nor is that pathetic excuse of a father." Kai bitterly bit his tongue, his eyes cold and empty as he glared at the man in front of him. 

Wu Yifan, who goes by Kris, was Kai's therapist ever since Kai was sent to jail for his crime. And so far, he's only gotten a few answers. Nothing else. 

"Let me change it," Kris said, adjusting his clip board. "Why did you kill Alexis? Your little sister? I thought you said you loved her." 

Kai chuckled at the question, throwing his head back as he stared up at the plain and dull ceiling. 

"I did loved her, and I still do." Was all Kai said, making Kris stare in confusion. 

"Go on," Kris urged, and Kai gladly sat back up and leaned foreword, his elbow resting on his knees as he mockingly looked at the therapist. 

"I love her, so so much. I knew she was suffering from that . You know what that Hyuna would do to her?" Kai asked, not even waiting for a sign of going on. 

"That witch would beat and slap her, always yell at her for crying over pictures of our real mom. And she'd even lock her in that damn closet and not let her out until she apolgized. Apologize for what?!" Kai yelled, standing upright as he breathed heavily, his blood pumping as he got angered. 

"Calm down, Kai. Now tell me whatever you want and how many," Kris calmed him down, resulting in Kai sitting back down on the chair. Sighing, Kai ruffled his hair as he continued. 

"But no matter how many times I said I would protect her, and not let that happen again, I always break my promise. And one time, it was too late. That ing killed Alexis! She killed her and stuffed her body into a bag, and you know what she did?! She hid it in the closet where she'd always lock her in!" Kai clutched his hands, his fingernails digging into his skin as he shook and trembled in his seat. 

Kris didn't say anything for a bit, only writing something down on the clipboard and then looking back up at Kai. "Anything else?" 

"And that drew the freaking line. I had it. I swore to our mom that I'd protect Alexis with my life, and I broke it. Now the only two people in my life that I love are gone. You want to know why Alexis was so scared of that closet, besides being locked in there?" Kai cocked his head to the side, his eyes wide with something that made Kris hesitating whether or not should he ask. 

But Kai answered anyway, he was starting to become crazy again. But he was always crazy from the age of 10, maybe even younger. Even Kai himself doesn't know when he'd become insane. 

"Because that hung our mom inside the closet, and Alexis found her in her room." Kai bluntly said, sitting back as he watched Kris with cold eyes and a frown laced on his lips. 

Kris coughed, adjusting his coat and he leaned foreword. He stared at Kai dead in the eyes with seriousness, he had to repeat the truth once again for this crazy man. 

"Kai, you had no little sister at the age of 16. Records of your house shows that Alexis died under the closet. It says that Alexis was trying to wake your mother up, but the closet and the dead body of your mother fell on her, instantly crushing her as she was suffocating. She died at the age of 6, the same day she found your mother hanged inside the closet." 

"You're lying! Alexis was alive! She was 12 years old while I was 16, we were together with our stupid dad and that ! She didn't die under our mom's body! You sick , you think this is funny?!" Kai screamed, his eyes filled with rage as he glared at Kris. But he wasn't phased. 

"I don't think this is funny, and I'm telling the truth." Kris said. "All of those years, you only imagined that Alexis was there with you. She was never there, she died. You were the only child living with your dad and your step-mother, you only thought that Alexis was there. But she never was." 

"Yah! Stop telling me lies! Alexis was always there, she always was! I hugged her, I held her hand, I kissed her goodnight and sang her to sleep! I carried her on my back, I waited for her, I brushed her hair, and I helped her pack and unpack! She was there!" Kai began throwing things in the cell, making Kris call security as they came and struggled with Kai. 

He continued to thrash and kick around as more people came, trying to take Kai away as he was trying to run at Kris, possibly to choke to death. After all, Kai knew for sure that Alexis was with him from the day she was born, and the day he murdered his family. 

After Kai had been injected with sleeping medicine, they took him somewhere else, to a mental asylum and away from everybody else. Kris sighed, sitting back down in his seat as his co-worker walked in. 

"Kris, I heard that one of your patients is leaving." Yixing walked in, a fellow therapist, and sat down at his side. 

Kris nodded, taking off his coat as he looked over his clipboard with tired and sympathetic eyes. He felt truly bad for Kai, especially with his many bad memories. Of course it'd lead him to becoming crazy. 

"What's the case with him?" Yixing asked, taking off his own coat as he set the clipboard in his hands down. 

Kris flipped through the papers on it, sitting back and then looking down at his hands. 

"The patient's name is Kim Jongin, but he prefers to go by Kai. His case.." Kris started, his lips to remoist them and pursed them tightly. 

"He had a ed up childhood. He watched as his father would sleep with his co-worker behind his mom's back. He'd see his mother cry after being beaten, and then how she'd always protect him and his little sister. Few years into that, the co-worker that his dad was sleeping with, Kim Hyuna, came and they all decided to have dinner." Kris paused, deciding if he should go on or not. He felt guilty for telling someone else Kai's story, Kai was Kris' most difficult patient he ever had. Yet he felt the most sympathy for him. 

Yixing urged him on, he wanted to know the story. It was a rare thing to see Kris so impacted for telling someone else's story, so he figured it must've been really bad. 

"While fixing things up, Hyuna had attacked their mom and hung her in Alexis' closet. Alexis is Kai's little sister, she was only 6 at the time. When Alexis came running to her room, she cried as Hyuna had been mean to her, once again. Then she heard the closet door open, so she looked and there, she saw her hanged mother. She ran to her and shook her, trying to wake her up since Alexis thought she was sleeping. But I guess the closet wasn't sturdy, since the body of her mother and the closet fell on Alexis. Mind that she's only 6, and she suffocated under the impact. And she died right after." 

Kris sighed, his hands sweaty as he wiped it on his pants. An eerie silence filled the area as Yixing and him stayed quiet, none of them making a sound. 

"Is that the reason..?" Yixing asked, and Kris shook his head. 

"So I heard that he was 16, and he said that Alexis was always with him? Ever since the day she was born, and the day he killed everybody?" Yixing gulped, feeling a sudden chill run up his spine. 

"But she was never there, she died at age 6 under the impact of the closet and their mother. Kai was an only child ever since, he lived with his dad and the step-mom. Nobody else." Kris answered, looking upwards and swallowed his own saliva. 

"Wait, so all those years of thinking that Alexis was with him.." 

"Yes, it was only.." Kris started, breathing in and then out, his voice in a whisper. 

"His imagination." 

 

 

 

The End

 

 


 

AN:

THE END! .3. Wuah~ Finished :P To be honest, I had this written up in my notepad and I just found it..so I decided to use it for a oneshot thingy XD Anyway!! Sorry if this whole thing confuses the crap out of you, I must've been too into it to realize xP Subscribe and comment if you like it, please! :3 And..I guess thats it so bye bye! 

P.S, The whole beginning part in italic is just a memory of Kai's past, where he 'saw' Alexis with him and all but in reality, he was by himself the whole time. Yeah. ed up, I know .3. 

P.P.S!, This oneshot is dedicated to...

LaLaBunnyLove!

She requested for a oneshot, and she told me the plot, so this is it! Hope you like it! :3 

And I guess this is really it, so for real,bye bye! :D