oneshot

"Why can't it be me?"

 

 

She had done so much.
She had done so many bad things… and of course that could not be good for her spirit, her soul.

Yunseo could not sleep.
She had been laid in her king size bed for hours now, but not for a minute her eyes would stay closed.
Her mind would not allow her to rest.
Lying, cheating… she had done it all for love, and what love? She had never had it. His love had never been hers.

Getting up from the bed, she changed her clothes. Wore basic clothes. She had no reason to dress beautifully. She didn’t feel beautiful. On the contrary. She felt like her soft skin had become rough; her shinny hair had become dry; her figure was not one of a young beautiful woman, but one of an ugly rag. Yunseo had become ugly in her own eyes.

She went out for some fresh air.
Taking walks had always been helpful when she needed to put her mind at ease. At least, it used to be like this.

She stopped by a coffee shop.
She would have gone to the cemetery, inside of a coffin, if for her own will. It’s just too bad that not everything goes according to our will.

Sat by the balcony and when the waiter handed her a cup of warm chocolate, Yunseo just bowed. If it had been in another day, in other circumstances, maybe she would have asked why he had done it when she had not ordered anything. It’s just that… she didn’t feel like saying anything.


“Marshmallow! A lot of marshmallow!” – she heard someone giggle from the table in the corner 

Choi Jinwuk. Lee Sooyoung by his side.


Yunseo couldn’t help by feel jealous.

Looking deeply at her warm chocolate, she saw the face of the one person she wanted to have chocolate and marshmallow with. The one that had never, and would never, feel the same she felt.


“Why can’t it be me?”