Chapter 1

Storm

"We are now arriving at the Narita airport. Again, we are now arriving at the Narita airport. Please do not leave your things unattended. Thank you." 

 

"Tadaima." Megumi said as she got off the plane.

 

Ayuzawa Megumi is a half-Filipino half-Japanese girl. She lived in Japan for almost 7 years but eventually migrated to Philippines, with her mother, because of her father's death. Now, Megumi went back to Japan to start a new life, a new chapter.

 

Megumi wandered around the airport and realized that it's big and clean but crowded. She looked at her watch and was shocked that it is almost noon. So she hurriedly went outside the airport and called a taxi.

 

Megumi held a picture of a park to the driver. She leaned back and closed her eyes. After several minutes they reached the park. Megumi handed over the money and started to walk. She stopped for a bit and looked for a perfect spot to relax. She walked to the sakura tree near the pond. Megumi sat under it and plugged her earphones on her ears. She leaned and closed her eyes while listening to her favorite band, Arashi. Though she doesn't know their name, even their faces. Even though she doesn't know anything about them, she still love their songs.

 

As she opened her eyes something caught her attention. Happy families eating their lunch together, children playing, and some couples strolling at the park. She remembered when his father is still alive, he always brought them here every weekends and spend the rest of the day. 

 

Her thoughts were trailed off when she heard her stomach growled. She stood up and started walking.

 

"Excuse me. Can you tell where the nearest restaurant is?" Megumi asked the man near the bridge.

"I don't have time for you." the man said and walked away.

 

"Did he just ignored me? How rude. I've never met a person like him. What a brat. Next time I'll see him I'll- forget it. It's not worth it anyway. And I'm 100% sure that we will never meet again." Megumi thought to herself and just sighed.

 

Megumi walked again when she bumped into a man. The man wears a fishing hat and a pair of glasses.

 

"Sorry." Megumi said.

"It's all right." the man replied.

 

After that incident, Megumi just continued walking when she realized something. "Maybe I should asked him for some directions." she thought to herself and turned around.

 

"Ah!" Megumi screamed.

"Sorry. Did I startle you?" the man asked.

"No. I startle myself." she said sarcastically.

"I'm really sorry." he said and bowed.

"It's all right." she said and smiled. "Wait. Are you following me?" Megumi asked.

"No."

"Really? Because you wear a hat and a pair of glasses, which really makes you like a suspicious guy."

"I'm not following you. I swear. And these, it is just... just my 'get-up'." he said

"Oh. Sorry. Nice get up anyway." I said.

"Thanks" the man said and started walking.

"Wait!" Megumi said and held his arm. "Can you tell me where the nearest restaurant is?" she asked.

"Hai. In fact, I'm heading to it. Wanna come?" the man invited.

"Is it okay?" she asked.

"Fine with me. Let's go."

 

With no doubt, Megumi followed the man even though they're completely strangers. She feels safe and comfortable whenever she is with that man.

 

They just continued walking until they stopped in front of an Italian restaurant. Megumi thought that it is just a simple restaurant because the way it looks at the outside. But when they entered the restaurant she thought it all wrong. They seated at the corner and ordered.

 

"May I know your name?" the man asked. "By the way, I'm Ohno Satoshi." he said while removing his hat and glasses and offered his hand.

"Ayuzawa Megumi." she said and shook his hand.

"So. Do you like it?" Satoshi asked.

"I like it." Megumi simply said.

"If you like it, what's with the face?"

"Huh? Oh. I was just wandering if the food here is expensive."

"It's expensive all right." Satoshi blurted out.

"What?!" Megumi exclaimed. Because of that, some customers looked at them. "Sorry." she said to the customers.

"Calm down." Satoshi said

"How can I calm down if-"

"I'll pay for it. Don't worry. My treat."

"Eh? Is that okay with you?" Megumi said. He just nodded when their food arrived.

 

They started eating and Satoshi can't control himself asking questions to Megumi. After a delightful meal, they decided to leave. Before leaving the restaurant, Satoshi paid the bill and put back his hat and glasses on. They keep on walking with silence that is filling them up.

 

"Can I ask you a favor?" Satoshi asked.

"What is it?" Megumi replied.

"Can you come with me?"

"Where to?"

"Fishing."

"Ok." she simply said and they headed off where Satoshi is going to fish.

 

When they reach their destination Satoshi left Megumi at the pier and bought some fishing equipments. While Megumi is waiting for Satoshi, she pulled out her sketch pad and draw the picturesque scenery. Little did she know that Satoshi is watching her from her back. Megumi's drawing is realistic so Satoshi was astonished by her talent.

 

Besides fishing, the man also loves art. Satoshi is also the leader of a Japanese boy band, Arashi, and he's the eldest amongst them.

 

Satoshi sat beside Megumi and handed the fishing rod.

 

"Ohno-san. The truth is I don't know how to fish." Megumi said shyly.

"I'll teach you how." Satoshi simply said.

 

He stood up and went to Megumi's back. Satoshi held her hand for the proper handling of the fishing pole. Because of his doing, Megumi felt an electicity flow through her whole body that makes her body stiffened.

 

"What's this feeling? Somehow I felt electricity through my body. Maybe it's the breeze and his touch is just new to me. Maybe that's why. Yes. That's it." she thought to herself.

 

Satoshi kept on teaching her how to fish. After he taught Megumi how to fish, she is now ready to catch one. Megumi sat there for almost an hour and she noticed that Satoshi is always standing and going to the left and right side of the pier.

 

"Ohno-san. Why are standing every now and then?" Megumi began to ask.

"Because I can't catch a single fish." he replied.

"Oh please. How can you catch one if you always stand and go to the left and right side of this pier. Will you be contented in just one place?!" she bursted out.

"Sorry." Satoshi simply said and went back beside Megumi.

"No. I should be one who should apologize to you because I got easily irritated by your actions." she said and grabbed his shirt. She looked down. "Sorry."

 

Because of that, Satoshi just patted her back. They didn't know that a fish was baited at Megumi's. The fish is heavy and quite big. It keeps on struggling so Megumi felt it and tried to reel it up. With all her strength, she reeled it up but it is no use. Satoshi noticed that Megumi is having a hard time so he decided to help her. He went to Megumi's back again and held her hands. And again, Megumi felt again that tingly sensation but she didn't bother it because she is more focus on the fish that was baited.

 

They reeled it up together until Megumi fell down on the lake. Satoshi bursted out into laughter and Megumi is ,somehow, pissed off.

 

"Oy! Why are you laughing?" Megumi asked. She pouted and crossed her arms.

"N-N-Nothing. Pfft." Satoshi said while holding back his laugh.

"You're laughing at me!"

"It's not you why I'm laughing." he said while ,still, holding back his laugh. Megumi suddenly splashed water to Satoshi. "Okay okay. It's you. So please, will you stop that."

Megumi stopped splashing water to Satoshi. "Now. Can you pull me up?" she said and handed her hand.

"Ok." he said and grabbed her hand. "One, two, three!" Before Satoshi can pull her up, Megumi pulled him towards her instead that causes him to land on the water.

"What was that for?" Satoshi exclaimed.

"That's for laughing at me." Megumi said and splashed some water at his face.

 

They began splashing water to their faces until it drizzle. They resurfaced and ran to a waiting shed. They dried theirselves a little and called a taxi.

 

Now, Megumi is seating at the couch of the lobby while Satoshi is getting the key from the counter. Suddenly, Satoshi held Megumi's right hand and together they went up to his unit. Megumi felt the warmth of man's hand and began to blush.

 

When they were inside his unit, Satoshi went straight to his room and grabbed two towels. He went back where Megumi was and handed over the towel.

 

"Here. Use this. I'll just took a bath first, then it's your turn." he said and started walking. Before entering his room, he noticed that Megumi is still standing. "Please. Make yourself at home. Don't be shy." Satoshi smiled.

"Thanks." she said and smiled sheepishly. eyes.

 

Megumi sat at the couch and leaned her head back. She sighed and closed her eyes. With that, Satoshi is now contented in what he saw and went to the bathroom. He took a quick bath and prepared a warm bath for Megumi.

 

"Ayuzawa-san." he said and patted Megumi's right shoulder. She suddenly opened her eyes. "It's your turn now." he said and smiled. Megumi just nodded and went straightly to the bathroom.

 

When Satoshi heard the door shut, he wrote a note and left it on the table with a hot cup of chocolate drink.drink. Then he went out of his unit and went to the mall with his 'get-up' , of course.

 

While Satoshi is at the mall, Megumi is enjoying her bath. Actually, she was surprise because she never thought that Satoshi will prepare a warm bath for her. Unknowingly, she smiled when that thought hit her and her cheeks became warmer.

 

"Eh? What is this feeling? Why does my cheeks feel so warm? And why do I always feel electricity flowing through me whenever he held it?" she thought and sighed. "But wait. His voice is very familiar to me. Like I heard it somewhere. Ah! I know it where I heard his voice . But that's impossible. Is it?" she thought again and slapped her face to stop thinking such random.

 

She dried up and picked clothes to wear. Megumi wore a yellow dress and a black leggings. After dressing up, she went to the living room and sat at the sofa. She noticed the drink and note. So, she grabbed the drink and the letter but unfortunately, she can't read it.

 

"Ohno-san." she called but no one answered. "Ohno-san?" she called again but this time she went to the dining area and the kitchen. Unluckily, she didn't find him. Megumi just went back and drank the drink.

 

While Megumi is drinking, the door suddenly opened.

 

"I'm back." Satoshi said.

"Where did you go?" Megumi asked and placed down the mug.

"Sorry. I went to the mall. And I guess you have read my note." he said while he caught Megumi sipping through the mug.

"No. Actually-"

"Actually I bought you this." he said while walking towards Megumi and handed over the paper bag.

"What's this?" she asked while getting the paper bag.

"A-Actually. T-That's your c-clothes." Satoshi stuttered and blushed.

"Clothes?" she asked with confusion and started to laugh.

"Why are you laughing?"

"It's just that- Hahahaha." she laughed.

 

Then Satoshi suddenly realized that he didn't have to do that because after all she have clothes with her. "Oh! S-So-Sorry." he said and his face went red because of embarrasment.

 

"It's okay." she simply said and looked what's inside the paper bag. She saw a simple white dress and a pair of blue doll shoes. She like the man's choice. Satoshi was shocked what Megumi did next. She suddenly hugged Satoshi. "Thanks." she whispered and removed her both arms around his neck.

 

"I-It's nothing." he stammered. "I'll just be in the kitchen if you need anything, okay?"

"Okay." she simply said and sat at the sofa.

 

Satoshi is in front of the sink clearing his thoughts about what happened earlier. "What is this feeling?" he thought to himself. His mind reeled at the question. He placed his right arm to his chest, where the heart is, and felt that his heartbeat beats faster than usual.

 

 

While Satoshi is in the kitchen, Megumi is just sitting in the sofa and sipping some hot chocolate. She can only hear the ticking of the clock in the living room and nothing else. Megumi lay down on the sofa and close her eyes. She is thinking what will she do next. Where will she stay? With those questions reeling up her mind she didn't notice that she fell asleep.

 

Satoshi went out to the kitchen and found Megumi sleeping at the sofa. He come close to her and was mesmerized by her beauty. Satoshi suddenly heard her sneeze. He went to his bedroom and reached out for a blanket. Satoshi covered Megumi's body with his blanket and smiled.