Final

Always There

Another gust of wind rattled the apartment. The boy tossed in his bed staring at the bottom of the bunk bed above him realizing that it was going to be a long night. It wasn’t the storm that scared him. No, what scared Himchan was how the wind or some other force of nature had knocked the power out. Turning to stare at where he knew the night light was near the door it willed it to turn back on.

Stupid wind, stupid darkness!! We have a schedule tomorrow ugh I really need to sleep I’m so tired. Why did the wind have to wake me up to this horrible situation?

Another strong blast of wind shook the windows of B.A.P’s bedroom. Himchan groaned aloud before catching himself.

“Hyung?”

HImchan cursed silently to himself before answering back to his favorite dongsaeng. “Jongup what are you doing up? Did the wind wake up?”

“I think so… Hyung are you okay?” Jongup replied sleepily from the bunk above him.

“I’m…” Himchan hesitated. “I’ll be fine Jongup just go back to sleep.” Himchan whispered trying to keep his voice even as to not raise the younger boy’s suspicions. As the second eldest he didn’t want to appear any weaker to the rest of the group. He already had to take more breaks during dance practice than the rest of the members.

Himchan heard an affirmative grunt from above him and sighed in relief. He closed his eyes again trying to trick himself into thinking there was still a little light in the room and forcing sleep to take him. His eyes shot open when he heard a thud next to his bed. His heart was beating fast until he realized the figure that was leaning towards his bed was Jongup.

“What are you doing?!” Himchan whispered angrily.

“You lied Hyung. Scoot over I’m tired.” As Jongup climbed into Himchan’s bed, Himchan unconsciously moved closer to the wall shocked by Jongup’s words and actions.

“Ya-yah! Did I say you could sleep next to me? Go back to your own bunk!” Himchan said.

“No.” Jongup pulled the covers over himself

“No?! Since when did you stop listening to me?” Himchan sputtered surprised that his obedient dongsaeng suddenly had turned rebellious. The two things he could always count on Jongup to do were to smile all the time and listen to him without question.

“We all know you can’t sleep in the dark Hyung, why did you say you were fine?” Jongup stared at Himchan making Himchan shift his eyes away.

“It’s such a stupid thing to be scared of… I didn’t want to bother you this late at night. You should just go back to sleep. Now why aren’t you listening to me? Go back to your own bed.”

“I am listening to you Hyung.” Jongup wrapped his arms around Himchan pulling him close.

“This is definitely not listening Jongup. Let go of me and go to your own bed.” Himchan pushed against Jongup’s chest trying to get out of his arms but he knew it was futile because the younger held him in his iron grip. For once he was happy for the darkness so Jongup couldn’t see his blush.

“You may be actually saying one thing but I know you well enough to know what you really saying behind your words. I know you don’t want to be alone in the dark so I’ll sleep here with you so you don’t feel alone. Don’t be scared anymore Hyung, I’m here for you.”

“Jongup, that doesn’t make any sense.” Himchan said trying to sound older and reasonable even though it was true he was feeling some comfort from Jongup being there with him.

“You don’t have to act brave around me. Everyone has fears and weaknesses so let me help you when you need it.”

Himchan sighed. “Jongup---“

“Hyung look me in the eyes and tell me you want me to leave. If you really mean it I’ll go, I promise.”

Himchan looked up in Jongup’s puppy dog eyes and his inter-barriers fell. He leaned his forehead onto Jongup’s. “Please don’t leave me. Don’t go Jonguppie stay here tonight.”

Jongup smiled his angelic smile and closed the space between the two boys and snuggled into the crook of Himchan’s neck. “Of course! Whatever you need I’m here for you.”

Smiling, Himchan nuzzled the top of his dongsaeng’s head and wrapped his arms around him. “Thank you for always knowing what I want even when I can’t say it aloud.” Himchan barely whispered.

Jongup nodded already halfway back to dreamland.

With Jongup in his arms Himchan barely heard the wind blowing outside anymore. Quickly falling asleep himself with the younger’s intoxicating scent surrounding him muttered one last phrase probably unaware he had said it.

Satisfied all s were well and fast asleep, Yongguk smiled to himself holding back laughter and turned over in his bed to get comfortable. Perhaps if he ever needed to he would use this scene and what Himchan said as blackmail one day.

 

“Always be my Jongguppie.”