Episode 1: The Check-In

One Way Ticket to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode 1: The Check-In

 

Shoes clicking, wheels rattling, people were all briskly walking around me. “Last call for passengers boarding flight V318.” What am I doing here again? Where am I again? The last time I check, I was in a small town somewhere in Vancouver. I was on my journey. Another tick in the box on my bucket list.

 

I doodled on the serviette like how I normally did in every Starbucks in the airport. On the left was a cup of hot white chocolate mocha that I’ve order over an hour ago, it is rather surprising that it is still warm, all hail the creator of Styrofoam cups.

 

“Hey Miss? Is this seat taken?” A deep y male voice showered upon me. Yes, -Y voice. Well, he’d better be hot or this seat IS taken. I looked up to the gorgeous male species. Maybe he wasn’t what I expected, nope, not a hot blonde Caucasian with blue eyes, but another Asian, like me. It was rather obvious although he had those huge sunglasses on his face. It is 9pm at night, why would anyone wear sunglasses, indoors, at night? Back to his ethnics, he had blatant black roots stemming from his crown.

 

“So… is the seat taken?” He asked again, I must have immersed myself too deep into his good looks. I synced my blinking and nodding at the beat. “I mean no!” I quickly readdressed myself after realising that I was nodding my head to his question. I dragged my belongings that was strewn all over the small wooden table before me, my ink pen, the cup with that green lady imprinted on, my white iPhone, and my little serviette was then stolen into his hands before I could reach it. “Hanguk saram?” He asked in Korean, his accent was a little off though.

 

I was taken aback, wait, this guy is Korean too? Okay, technically, I’m not 100% Korean, but I could understand the slightest bit of it. I was born in Korean but raised in some small town back in New Orleans. But after many years of travelling around the globe, my own heritage started

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter