Chapter 1

Lost

 

If Hyukjae has something to hate, it’ll probably be rain.

Now, he’s soaking wet as he hold bags of ingredients for his new drink. He owns a small coffee shop which he manage together with his friend who’s absent to today that’s why he have to shop alone. As he remembers him, he can’t help but to be annoyed making the can of cream to drop next is the box of strawberries until the rest roll down on the street.

He gritted his teeth as he notice the hole on the plastic yet he don’t have the time to curse since the bottles are now sliding away from him. One by one he runs for it, ignoring the droplets of rain showering his whole body. Then there’s the last strawberry container below him, he tries to grab it but when he did, all of the things he’s holding roll once again.

Hyukjae clench his fist in anger, almost kicking the poor thing until he heard a laugh behind him.  He only catch a glimpse of an umbrella yet he snorts on how irritating the person is then starts on picking his belongings again. When he’s about to hold the last ingredient, the guy whom he kind of loathes pick it up for him with a big grin in his face.

For a moment, Hyukjae is kind of bewildered on how sweet his smile is but he immediately grasps the bottle of coffee from him. He muttered a faint ‘thanks’ then is about to walk past the guy when he get a hold of Hyukjae, stopping the other to go.

 

“Is that how you give thanks to people?”
 

Hyukjae almost roll his eyes but he stops himself and just looks at the other. It’s not that he’s a poor soul, actually Hyukjae thinks he’s kind of rich just by his clothing and how his brunette hair is styled but he can’t help to be annoyed since this guy is stopping him and he currently wet because of the rain.
 

”What do you want?”
 

The shorter guy pout at his rude tone but Hyukjae just ignores it. For a few minutes, the stranger looks at him from head to toe while mumbling something he’s too tired to care. It’s like taking him centuries that he almost wants to shove money to his face but surprisingly, the other speaks.
 

“You make coffee right? Can you give me some?”
 

He glares at the other request but he later on signals him to follow him. The lad squeals in happiness and immediately follows the grumpy coffee maker. Hyukjae then sense the lack of rain dropping at him and that’s because the latter shares his umbrella with him.
 

“Mister, you’re wet!”

 

‘And it took you years to notice it huh?’

 

--

 

The now dryly clothed coffee maker makes his way to the brunette who’s rather grinning widely as he eyes the drink he holds. Hyukjae put the newly invented strawberry beverage to him who immediately had a taste of it. Once he sees the sparkle on the other’s eyes, he nods for himself and turns back.


“Once you’re done, you may leave.”
 

The latter frown on the other’s tone of voice so he decided to pokes his back, making Hyukjae to sigh once again. He lazily faces the grinning guy and look at him as if he’s asking what do he wants. Well, the forever smiling guy just looks at him with pleading eyes.


“Can you talk to me? I’m lonely.”

“Just tell me what you want because I’m busy.”


He then pout making Hyukjae to grown and sit beside him. Now, the stranger looks satisfied and started on grinning to him again but Hyukjae avoid his stare. The other tilts his head while drinking the coffee, observing the coffee maker’s reaction.
 

“Who’s your first love?”


Hyukjae, who almost fall from his seat look at him with wide eyes. Then after a while, he can’t help but to chuckle making the lad in front of him to look at him weirdly. It’s just like the past, when he meets that someone who changed his life.

 

--

A young Hyukjae runs with a bunch of goons following him. He got into a fight again and now, he doesn’t have a choice but to get away from them. He passes by on many intersections just to escape when he stumbles to someone, making the both of them to fall.


Hyukjae hold his head, groaning in pain while the latter caress his arms. He curse as he give a death glare at the other but when he sees the guys who’s chasing him nearing them, he abruptly grab the other’s hand and run.

The latter tries to resist his hold while yelling for help but later on gives in. Once they got to hide behind the large tree at the park, Hyukjae let go of the other as they catch their breaths. They finally lost the thugs that’s chasing them and he’s feels relieve.

He look at the other pitiful figure, the lad is so exhausted that made Hyukjae to feel guilty. Then when the other gives him a menacing glare, he can’t help but to gulp.

 

“This is your fault! I’m already late and you—“


With a shaking finger, he tries to yell at Hyukjae yet he fails when he starts on crying. Hyukjae is taken aback on the sudden outburst of the other and he doesn’t know to handle him. He started on panicking as the younger cries harder, why would he easily cry anyway?

 

“D-do you want ice cream?”
 

Hyukjae mentally kick himself for being stupid but then the once crying lad look at him with sparkle in his eyes. He sniffs and messily dries his tears making Hyukjae to grown on how pathetic he looks. So he removes the snot from the boys philtrum, making the other grin at him.

 

“You won’t cry anymore?”

“Promise!”

 

So he did buy him ice cream, and the crybaby eats it as if it’s the most delicious food in the entire planet. While Hyukjae observes him on how untidy he is, the brunette look back at him then grin. Once he finish his treat, Hyukjae walk pass him but he abruptly stop him.

 

“Y-you’re going to leave already?”

“I already give you the ice cream so I can go now.”

“B-but I’ll be alone and I don’t want to be alone—“


 

Tears started to form on his eyes and Hyukjae nervously waves his hands at him, assuring that he won’t leave anymore.  He sighs in defeat when the younger drags him on the nearby bench making him to sit beside him.
 

“What do you want to say?”


The latter puff his cheeks as he pokes it while he’s thinking of a nice conversation. Hyukjae can’t help but to think how an innocent guy could still exists. He means, how could he ask for a company with a stranger that made him to get into trouble right? Or maybe, he’s just too naïve but whatever it is, Hyukjae pity him.

 

“Who’s your first love?”

 

Hyukjae look at him with amazement. Maybe he should expect things like this for a person like him but he frowns at the topic. Why love? He released an irritated sigh while the latter looks at him with too much anxiety.

 

“I don’t have a first love and I will never have.”

“Everybody has that, just wait for you soul mate!”

“Soul mate?”

“Yes! And I dream of meeting that special someone. It’ll be romantic and—“

“I don’t want to hear it.”

“You meanie! Listen to me since it’s your fault why I’m here!”

 

“Such an abusive brat”

 

--

 

Unlike the last time, Hyukjae now has someone to say, he already had his first love. Just like kid he met years before, the stranger in front of him stares at him with wide eyes as he talk. He can’t help but to be embarrassed but soon after, he manages to answer his question.

 

“She must be beautiful!”
 

“Yes, he is beautiful. Very.”
 

With warm eyes, he look at the latter when he answer his question. The stranger couldn’t help but to be happy on the other sudden change in attitude. Well, this kind of Hyukjae is surely better.

 

“Where is he anyway?”

 

With that question, Hyukjae’s smile turns into a grimace making the other to feel guilty. Hyukjae senses a sudden ache in his heart as he remembers him. Reality hits him once again and his eyes started to water.
 

“I-I’m sorry!”

“No, it’s okay. Well, he probably forgot me already.


He bitterly smiles at him, making the stranger to frown. He felt a sudden tap at his hand and there he sees the lad comforting him. Hyukjae nudge the sudden gloomy atmosphere and decides to start a different topic.

An hour past and both of them manage to talk about little things. The other drink is already empty and the rain starts to ease. Hyukjae stands up to get him another drink when the other held his arms.

 

“Wait, what’s your name again?”

“Hyukjae, Lee Hyukjae.”

“I think I heard it back then.”


Hyukjae only give him a smile. After preparing him the coffee, the other says he needs to go home already. Hyukjae nods and bids him goodbye. With small steps, the almost not stranger make his way out of his café with the coffee he made. Hyukjae then strolls to the kitchen when the other yells from the outside.
 

“And don’t worry, if he really loves you, he will surely remember you!”

“I don’t believe you!”

“Believe me! You’re an amazing person and…”

“And?”

“You make the best coffees so he will never forget you!”

 

Hyukjae then laughs and shush him away. The lad pout yet waves at him up until they couldn’t see each other anymore. Hyukjae thinks the latter is really gone but then again, the other runs back once again and Hyukjae can’t help but to chuckle on his child-like manner.

 

“Aren’t you going to ask for my name?”

“I don’t want to know.”

“But…“

“Actually, I—“

 


But before Hyukjae could continue, the other turns to his side and then there’s a tall guy smiling at him. The newly came guy slips his hands on the latter’s waist while the other snuggles back. Hyukjae can’t help but to think how perfect they look. He then felt a sudden jealousy in his heart.

He wonders how would it feel when to love someone, how his life would be if he’s with the one he loves and how happy would he if someone loves him back. Yet Hyukjae could only imagine and he keeps on telling himself to stop on dreaming.

 

He just feels hopeless.


Both of them go away, forgetting the lonely Hyukjae behind. With a painful smile, he turns his back while thinking of his first love. How the young boy from his past would smile at him, those beautiful brown eyes that pierce his soul and the innocence he will always have.

 

His heart aches more that he almost couldn’t breathe. Then he held his pinky up high, thinking of the promise the both of them made. Hyukjae almost feel like dying that he didn’t notice the tears pooling on his eyes. He clearly remembers everything, even the every pauses his first love made when they made they’re pinky swear; a promise the only him keeps on holding.

 

“You’re wrong, he did forget me. You did.”

 

--

 

“Aren’t you going to ask for my name?”

“I don’t want to know.”

“But…“


Then there he is again, looking at Hyukjae with those wide glassy brown eyes. He sighs in defeat once again and grins forcefully at the latter.
 

“Okay, what’s your name?”

“Lee Donghae!”


Hyukjae coulnd’t help but to laugh at Donghae’s distinct name but he hold his breath. Donghae frown so he finally stops on making fun of him.


“Then what’s yours?”

“Mine? It’s Hyukjae, Lee Hyukjae.”

“Okay! But promise me you won’t forget me!”

“Alright. Alright.”


Donghae excitedly claps his hands while muttering his gratefulness towards the other. Then he held his pinky up high and grab Hyukjaes hand. Hyukjae tries to pull it back but the latter insist so they made a pinky swear with a stranger. Oh yeah, Donghae.

 

“Then now, we made a promise.”

“So you’ll never forget me also?”

“Of course! How could I? You’re the best!”



Then out of a sudden, Donghae clung his hands onto the other, making the both of them to stumble. Instead of groaning, the brunette chuckles and snuggles to Hyukjae closer. He then slowly hugs Donghae back and an idiotic smile can’t help but to be plastered on his face. He surely will never forget Donghae, even if he wants to since he’s the only person who makes him feel this way.

Because, Donghae is simply Hyukjae’s first love and will
forever be.

 

 


 

A/N:

Sorry if it's really disappointing. And the title is not really related to the story /stabs myself/
thanKYU for reading^^ If you could, drop some comments~

--heechan27

 

I wrote this while listening to Kyuhyun's Love Dust
/distribute tissues/