Epilogue

Seeking the New World - Book 5 - Saviour

 

Epilogue

B.A.P put together a feast for not only the crew and family, but also the trainees at the base. Yong Guk gathered everyone’s attention with an over-exaggerated cough at the end of the large table in the main hall.

“I would like to celebrate the perseverance of each and every member of the base and the hopeful trainees from the last few days of unfortunate events. Let’s have a toast for a brighter future of our crew in honour of our Private, Hong Ja Young.”

Everyone clanked their glasses of punch or wine together and took sips.

On the other hand, Him Chan was comically sobbing from Ja Young’s departure earlier this morning. Though she promised the crew that she would visit them and oversee Min Soo’s childhood, he was still upset. As a result, Hyo Sung violently pulled on his ear for lamenting on another woman, making sure that he gets a good beating to make up for Ja Young’s future absence, and perhaps breaking Ja Young's world record of breaking his nose.

Dae Hyun looked out from the window with an easy smile, wishing Ja Young all the best in the future. Jong Up came up to him and patted his shoulder in comfort.

“Everything cool?” he asked.

"Yeah," the engineer hummed.

"You did the right thing, but I'm sorry it turned out like this."

"It's nothing to be sorry about. I'm fine with everything as it is right now." 

Dae Hyun’s heart never felt more light and free in a long time as he nodded with certainty. He gestured his glass and clanked it with Jong Up’s for their own toast.

Yong Guk was initially heartbroken when Zelo was destroyed, but he decided to gather all the best engineers and technicians to rebuild Zelo-II from scratch and enhance it to be a better robot for the base. Young Jae put up a front saying that he wouldn’t want to take part because building the first Zelo was a tedious process, but because he had good times with Zelo without admitting it out loud, he pretended to begrudgingly agree to his leader’s plans.


 

Su Ho was sitting by the edge of the lake with Seo Hyun quietly conversing with him, since she persuaded him to take a break from his duties as the Minister of Argent Affairs in the human government of his home country. Faction Twenty Four and the fellow alliances celebrated his phenomenal achievement and supported his position. During the course of three years, his stoic expressions softened and warmed up into a kind and gracious man much to everyone’s astonishment. He did agree with Faction Twenty Four at one point that Ja Young did have the power to change people; changing him into a leader-figure to not only for his faction members but also for Lotis.

Seo Hyun laid her head on his shoulder and Su Ho fondly gazed at her and put an arm around her shoulder.

From behind, D.O held back a mischievous snicker as he held a medium-sized ball of mud in his hands, ready to fire. He looked right and left for anyone who could potentially thwart his plans. He tiptoed closer to the couple with the ball of mud and took in a deep breath. Just when his lips curled into a wicked smirk and a second away from throwing it, someone from the trees suddenly shocked him in the behind, eliciting a loud high-pitched yelp from his throat, startling the couple. The mud ball he previously held was accidentally thrown in mid air and landed right on top of the troublemaker’s head. Seo Hyun covered her lips to prevent herself from gigging and Su Ho gave him a look.

From nearby, Chen blew on his fingers and kissed them in accomplishment.

“Worked like a charm,” he said.

“I should be saying that if only you didn’t shock my !” D.O whined in embarrassment.

A large splash of cold water abruptly showered over him, courtesy of Su Ho, who gave his own smirk.

“Worked like a charm,” he quoted.

Seo Hyun and Chen burst into hysterical laughter at D.O’s failure to create trouble.


 

Xiu Min was dabbing his face dry with a white towel after a hard day’s work. Although he only wanted to become fit for the benefit of his faction, he had gained a lot of attention from the ladies around him. He heard some thumping nearby and being a curious man, he followed it.

He saw Baek Hyun practicing his archery again in an isolated area. It was strange because he usually saw him in the heart of the society practicing archery there. The field he was led to was vast and green, perfect for a peaceful Argent like Baek Hyun.

“Working hard, I see?”

Baek Hyun wiped some sweat off his chin at the sight of his fellow comrade.

“It’s better out here than where a lot of women squeal with each bulls-eye.”

“I completely understand, my friend,” he laughed. Xiu Min joined the archer by grabbing a spare bow and formed some arrows made out of ice, challenging Baek Hyun into a friendly competition.

“Glad you do!” the light-user grinned. “Oh, by the way, you have any idea when Ja Young will be back? I think I lost some track of time after she left.”

Xiu Min checked on his watch and replied, “Only two hours since she left, so not for a few minutes I’d wager. Speaking of Ja Young, she would be a perfect work-out partner, don’t you think?” he asked as he landed another perfect mark.

“Probably not,” Baek Hyun sang as his arrow split the ice perfectly into two.

“Why not?” Xiu Min raised an eyebrow.

“Because last time I tried lifting weights with her, I can’t go past 50 pounds when she lifted 200. If you're trying to buff up with her, you're only making a fool of yourself," he stuck out his tongue.

Xiu Min slumped his shoulders in disappointment. “There goes my chance for some privacy," he rolled his eyes and drew back another arrow.


 

On the rooftop of the residence, Tao and Lay were in the heat of their sparring session, strictly not using their Argentic abilities to their own advantage. Though Tao fought much more fierce and nimble opponents, Lay still managed to keep up to his technique. During the last three years, not only did the healer became more proficient with extreme injuries but he also brushed up on his hand-to-hand combat skills from Tao. Believing he still had a long way to go, he practiced diligently and vigorously every day.

Their match came to a stalemate when Tao kicked Lay in the stomach at the same time Lay palmed his chest. They were flung backwards onto their backs, catching their breath under the sun.

“You haven’t lost your touch,” Lay breathed.

“You have drastically improved, my friend,” Tao said.

They sat up at the same time after their heart rate slowed down. A thought suddenly occurred to Lay and he spoke, “When was the last time you visited Wu Fan’s grave?”

Tao looked up and said, “Not since Ja Young left three years ago. How about we make a visit tomorrow?”

“As much as I would like to, there are patients I am requested to tend tomorrow - many which have repeatedly visited to the clinic,” Lay sadly informed, hinting either D.O or Kai, who sparred violently against each other quite often.

“Then let me lend you a hand to get the job done faster,” Tao offered.

“That would be very helpful,” Lay smiled in relief.


 

Lu Han was putting some books away on the shelf in the library. Only a few minutes ago, he put down a good novel to see Chan Yeol snoring away with a book on his face and sprawled out all over the couch. He chuckled to himself seeing his pyrokinetic friend hadn’t changed very much for the last three years.

Through the quiet library, he heard an unfamiliar voice stuttering and slurring with words from a different corner of the large building. He followed the sound through the rows of books until he found Se Hun with one of his picture books from the children’s section, trying to step out of his mute state and learn to speak. He was sitting on a blue and green plush armchair with his legs curled up on the seat.

There was something in his heart that made him very happy for Se Hun. When Ja Young left, Lu Han went out of his way to be a good older brother to him. Now that he was going to develop a voice of his own, the telekinetic couldn't believe at the fact he was growing up. He spotted the teardrop necklace still hung around his neck, never recalling whether or not he ever took it off. He supposed that he never stopped loving the deceased human-born Argent he met in the most unfortunate events in the past.

With that, Lu Han quietly slipped away so he could have some privacy. He reminded himself to find some other picture books for Se Hun to try.


 

Ja Young watched the burial take place and the Argents in charge of the ceremony carefully laid down the coffin into the ground. They filled it with the rich soil so that flowers could grow on top of Kang Ta’s grave. She laid down a bouquet of flowers in front of his tombstone and the company gave her some time alone.

“If I were the criminal like you, I would be really bewildered from the forgiveness. I’m sure about how you feel right now from up there. If only I knew that you were there at the death camp, I think you would be a true friend of mine.”

Ja Young knelt down on the ground and bowed in goodbye. When she sat up, she eyed on Hye Young’s and Wu Fan’s tombstones and said, “Hye Young, Wu Fan, please take care of him from up there. And Mother, Father, I hope you’re still watching me.”

She sighed and stood up, heading back to the portal the funeral party already went through. Upon returning to the society, there stood Kai in a different set of clothes and all washed up just for her. There were times when she thought she never deserved him, but Hye Young once told her to think positive about herself once in a while. Kai never stopped loving her and neither her to him. He was still a reckless and troublesome idiot, but so was she.

She crossed her arms and gave him a look asking if he did stay here

He shrugged, saying that he only stated that he would be here when she returned. Kai’s lips curled into a crooked smile and held out his hand for her to take. He interlaced their fingers and made their way back to the residence.


That's the end of the reboot. Thanks for being patient and I'm sorry that I couldn't fixed them all up quicker but I feel just a bit better with this revision. Thank you very much and hope you enjoyed the series whether you are silent readers or not.
-PerfectPitchy