Chapter One

The Man I Loved

Kai threw his lover on their shared bed, pinning his arms above his head. Zitao moaned when he felt Kai’s lips brush his collarbone, his hands curling in his lovers soft, black hair. 

“Zitao..” Kai moaned, sending shivers up and down his spine. Bringing his hands down to the waist line of Zitao’s pants, he hooked a finger into them and began to pull his baggy sweatpants off.

Zitao brought his lips to Kai’s ear, his teeth slightly grazing his flesh. “Kai..” He whispered. “You didn’t do the dishes last night.” 

Kai looked at the man under him. “Are you joking?”

“You know I don’t joke when it comes to that kitchen.” 

Kai sighed and laid next to Zitao. “Can’t the dishes wait?” 

“Absolutely not. You will do them, or you are sleeping on the couch.” 

Kai groaned and reluctantly got off the bed. “Why do I put up with you?”

Zitao smiled and sat up. “Because you love me.”

“Well, at least we can both agree on that.” Kai smiled and kissed Zitao. Lighter this time, it wasn’t so urged or full of lust, but it was soft and protective. 

Zitao smiled into the kiss, his finger tracing Kai’s perfect jaw line. “Jongin..” He muttered.

Kai grimaced at the use of his real name. “I told you not to call me that anymore. Jongin is dead now.”

“I’m sorry.” Zitao said, but he wasn’t sorry at all. He didn’t like Kai; he was cold and unforgiving. 

Not Jongin.

Jongin was nice, he was shy and he cared for his friends. Zitao preferred Jongin.

“Is something wrong?” Kai asked. “You look troubled.”

“Nothing is wrong, don’t worry about me Kai.”  Zitao responded.

Kai searched his lovers eyes, his lips set in a tight line. After a few minutes of scrutinizing, his eyes softened and his lips curved upward, into a warm smile.

“Hey baby.” He said, leaning down to brush his lips against the olders cheek. 

Zitao smiled. “Jongin, it‘s you.” 

“It’s me.” Jongin said, his eyes becoming puzzled. “Did I go somewhere?”

“No, I just… Missed you.”  Zitao couldn’t look away from the warm look in his eyes. There were so my differences between Kai and Jongin. Jongin liked to cuddle late at night; Kai liked to have late at night. Jongin liked to bake; Kai liked to get baked. The only similarity between the two was they both loved Zitao.

“Well, I’m right here~ There’s no need to miss me, silly.” Jongin smiled, pinching Zitao’s nose.

Zitao embraced Jongin in a tight hug, never wanting to let him go. Of course he knew he’d have to soon; whenever Kai comes back.