Perfect

Perfect

Jongin and Zitao walked down the street, hand in hand, not worrying about the curious eyes that followed them. Their arms swung at a rhythmic pace, brushing against each others sides when brought down. They had only recently confessed their attraction for each other, so Zitao was a little nervous being in public like this. 

As if he could sense how nervous his partner was, Jongin gently rubbed his thumb over Zitao’s skin, sending a wave of comfort throughout his body. 

“Tao,” Jongin muttered, his voice low, “There’s no need to be scared of what other’s think.”

Zitao bit his lower lip, his eyes roaming the crowd around them. “I know, but this is all just so new to me.”

Jongin sighed, taking the older boy’s empty hand in his, their forehead’s nearly touching. “Listen to me. Most of these people don’t care about us; we’re just another gay couple on the street. Granted, some of them are disgusted and probably want to see us being burned at the stake. However, I don’t care about them. I love you, and i’m not afraid to be seen with you. We’re in love, that’s all that matters. Right?”

Zitao swallowed the lump forming in his throat, a barely audible ‘Right.’ coming from his mouth.  Jongin smiled at the quiet voice, untwining their hands just so he could tangle them in the older’s hair. Slowly, Jongin brought his lips to reach the other’s, earning a few hoots and hollers from the passers-by, but neither of them could care when they were in each other’s arms. 

Zitao finally pulled away, out of embarrassment, and quickly spotted a distraction. “Look, Jongin!” He pointed behind the shorter, his eyes lighting up. “A cake shop! Oh, can we go, please?!” 

Jongin chuckled and stared at the older in disbelief, but nodded his head anyway. “Sure, but you’re buying.” Of course, Jongin would never let him pay on a date.

 Zitao agreed anyway and began pulling his lover to the small cafe, his smile widening with each step. Cake was one of Zitao’s favorite foods, and both of them knew that if the delicious chocolate was settling in his stomach, Zitao would be in a better mood. 

Before they could get to the door, Jongin stepped in front of the elder and grabbed the handle, pulling it open. Zitao bowed in a 1700’s European way, his hair bobbing with the movement, with Jongin smiling and following him inside.

“You go sit down, I’ll order for us.” Jongin whispered, pusing Zitao lightly to the booths along the wall. He stepped into the back of the line, surprisingly long, and waited. When it was finally his turn he cleared his throat and ordered a small chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. He rolled his eyes when the teenage girl behind the counter eyed him seductively. “Are you here with someone?” She asked, her dainty hands reaching into the glass case to pull out a cake.

“Yes, I am. My boyfriend.” He gave her the $10 and took the cake from her hand. Turning on his heel, he chuckled at the shocked look on her face and made his way to Zitao.

“Why did you only get one?” Zitao pouted when his boyfriend sat across from him with a disappointingly small cake. 

“Because,” Jongin smiled. “We’re going to share it.”

Zitao’s eyes widened in surprise. “Here?” He asked.

“Zitao, what did we talk about earlier?” Jongin asked, taking the fork provided and taking a piece of cake from the side.

The older droped his head, “That I shouldn’t be so embarrassed about being seen with you in public because we’re in love.”

“Correct. Now, eat.” Jongin lifted Zitao’s chin and opened his mouth with his thumb, putting the small sample of cake on his tongue. 

“Is it good?” Jongin asked. Zitao nodded his head, his eyes lighting up.

Jongin smiled, his hand reaching out to touch Zitao’s cheek. “Perfect. Because I just want the best for you.”