The Flashback, Boats

Mesmerized

 

Ravi’s P.O.V.

I walked past Ken as he stared out at the boats. What’s wrong with him? I heard a soft quiet voice whisper. He’s just being weird. I guess I’m a little annoyed at Ken for ignoring me like the whole way we walked to the docks. “Let’s go and leave him, Leo. I don’t think he’ll have fun on the boat while he’s a zombie like that.”
I stepped towards the boat, looking back at Ken. “Bye Ken.” I waved to see if Ken would respond, but the only sign he was alive was the rise and fall of his chest and the twitch of his hand. I felt bad leaving him out, but seriously, what was wrong with him?


Ken’s P.O.V

That girl looked kinda familiar, now that I think about it--kind of like the girl from a long time ago. 
*Flashback*
A small girl with pigtails, a long sleeved pink polkadot dress, and a plain lunch pail walks through the door. N, my best friend, held his foot across the doorway. The girl, with her small pink and neatly tied sneaker tripped over the boy’s basketball shoes, arms flying. She hit the floor face first, tears rolling down her face. Her lunch pail opened and a thermos of ramyun spilled out in front of her. 
A smaller version of me walks over and punches N, both of us falling to the ground in a fight. The teacher pulled us apart and sent all three of us to the office. N stomped all the way there, the girl and me walking side by side. I grabbed the girl’s hand to comfort her and she took it willingly, wiping away the rest of her tears with her polkadot sleeve. 
We waited outside on the stairs. I pulled out my lunch pail and asked the girl if she wanted to share my stirfry noodles. She nodded and I pulled out an extra pair of chopsticks and handed them to her. I held the noodles between us so we could both reach. 
For the next whole school year, we walked to school, rain or snow, holding hands. After that, I never talked to N again and he became somewhat of a bully.
*End of Flashback*
Water filled my ears with the sound of a freight train. Someone had pushed me into the water. I looked up at the blurred world and caught a glimpse of someone running away. As I haven’t swum in years, I struggled to reach the surface. I paddled as hard as I possibly could, fighting for my life and swimming toward the edge of the dock. After what seemed like ages, I reached the edge of the dock, but without the strength or energy to hoist myself up. A hand was near my face. I looked up to see Ravi offering his hand to pull me up. I took it gratefully.


Leo’s P.O.V.

What is up with that kid? Going swimming when it’s almost dark all by himself... and in his clothes? Who does that? I didn’t want to say anything for fear of sounding rude, but seriously. And why did he skip out on the boat ride? He seemed so excited, but then he was gone. I wonder if he just stood in the same spot and thought about swimming while we were gone. “What were you thinking, Ken?”
“I wasn’t thinking at all. I was pushed.” he shivered. I stepped over to him and placed a towel from the boat around his shoulders. He looked cold and I wondered if he knew I cared. I was showing as much emotion as I could. 
After all, I never became this close of friends with anyone else besides maybe my dog; sadly, he passed away, leaving me living by myself. Well, I might as well be with my parents. I was thinking of moving into a dorm, but the only one open included the dreaded Hongbin and N. 
I realized Ken’s glasses were at the bottom of the lake. I jumped off the dock in a diver’s pose to grab them.


Hongbin’s P.O.V.

I pulled out my camera, prepared to take a picture. I waited for the right moment of the mess. 
Hyuk tapped me on the head. “YAH! WHAT ARE YOU DOING? HURRY, I HAVE TO MEET JIN YOOO!!.... soon.” Aish, this guy is getting on my nerves.
“N, why does he have to come?” I asked.
“Because he will tell if he doesn’t come, don’t you remember?” N answered.
Oh yeah, this punk. I snapped a quick picture of Ken soaking wet and the Leo guy diving into the water like a fool with surprisingly good form. Mmm... and maybe some slight abs. I zoomed in and snapped a quick picture of his rippling abs under his shirt then was whisked away by N and Hyuk.

 

Sorry it was so short but its kinda late so ya