1/1

Along came Ye Jin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“And I'd give up forever to touch you
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow”
***

I raised my left hand; my wrist watch says it’s 3:30pm. It’s the time of her flight. I didn’t bother to go with and her at the airport for the reason that, I might stop and plead her to stay.


Am I too childish? It’s just one month that we won’t see each other, but still…

I’m here, sitting alone on bench where she sat three hours ago. Here under the maple tree.
I close the book that I’m reading and get the beer which is placed beside me and drink it. I stood up and walk.

“It won’t hurt if you’ll cry.” Said by a very unfamiliar voice. I looked behind me, and saw a girl.

“Excuse me? Do I know you?” I ask her as I raised a brow.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sat on the bench under a maple tree after I went to the bathroom. I fix the things inside my bag. Finally I manage to organize it within a few minutes.

My eyes roam the scenery; I appreciate this park, more every time I go here. This place brings peace to all of the people…. Or am I the one who only notices that?

My eyes caught this image of a guy drinking a can of beer; five benches away from me. He looks like he’s in the period of melancholy. I can’t bear to see someone in that state; especially in my favorite place.


I gathered my strength and walked near him.

“It won’t hurt if you’ll cry.” I said confidently. He look behind with a confuse look and said, “excuse me do I know?”

“No. But I just notice that you’re sad right now.”

He just smiled at me and reply, “kind of.”

“That’s bad then. You could tell me, if you want too.”

Again, he gave me a confused look but this time, his eyes were questioning me, ‘do I REALLY know you?’ or ‘are we that close to share you what I feel?’

Since that’s the way I understand how he stare, I lifted my hands in front of him and say, “I’m sorry I’m such a nosy person. But I couldn’t help it since this is my favorite place; I’m not used to see people with a sad face. I feel like I endure their pains too. That’s why. By the way, I’m Han Ye Jin.”

He took my hand and shook it. “Kim Ki Bum.” He said and released my hand. “So I got to go now, nice meeting you Ye Jin-ssi.”

He faced backwards and started to walk away from me. He didn’t know that I’m following him wherever he was going.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay… That was weird… Having a conversation to someone whom I didn’t know, maybe I am much weirder to tell my name to a stranger. Actually not a stranger, her name is HAN YE JIN. Yeah, right. I say her name as if we’re acquaintance or whatsoever.

Enough of her, back to what I was thinking earlier; Ji Won.

I’m really confused right now. Seriously, two weeks ago she told me to wait for her. And then today, she told me not to. What the? One month is not that long. Days end faster. I can wait. Maybe.

I continue to walk not looking behind me. I look up; saw the stop light turned to red to green.

I crossed the street and went to Ritz, my favorite hangout place. I usually go there when I feel sad, stress and etc.

I went straight to the counter and order some drinks.

“Hey there my man, what do you want?” Said by Minho, the owner. We became friends since I frequently go here.

“One bottle of vodka, please.” I said.

“Okay.”

I swung around my chair; I noticed that there are only few people here. Maybe because of the time, it’s only five in the afternoon. Of course, classes ended at 5 and work ends at 6pm.

I face back at the counter again, pour some vodka on my shot glass and drink.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“You look pathetic” I sighed and said those words to him as I drank my cola.

He raised his head and looked at me. Man, he really looks pathetic! His eyes have dark circles under it. His hair was a mess. Can’t belief he turned into beggar-looking within two hours; WASTED, totally.

“What do you care?” He said groaning. “ Minho! Give me another bottle of vodka here!” He shouted.
Then that Minho guy came with a bottle and he gave me confused look. I just shrugged.

“Thank you.” He said, with a normal tone. What’s with this guy? From drunk to serious again.
He’s happy drinking alone. I stare at his happy-weird face with my right hand on my cheek.

“Why are you here?” He asked, I’m surprised by his question. I didn’t answer right away. Say, what am I really doing here?

“Hmm, nothing. How about you? Why are you wasting your time drinking here?” I asked him back.

“My girlfriend left me.”

Oh, that’s why his face is like that. I pity him. “Is it forever? I mean did you guys break up?”

“I don’t know. My head hurts just thinking of what she said, before she told me to wait for her, and then, now she tells me not to…. Oh God, it’s crazy!”

He poured another shot and drank it again.

“Maybe, she has her own reason for leaving you.”

“I don’t care! Did she ever think about how I felt when she told me that?” I didn’t answer. Instead he just chuckle. It’s really annoying. “How come you girls, always breaks the heart of the guys you love.”

“No we don’t, besides not all the girls are the same.”

“Prove me.” He snapped at me with a serious tone.

Ok then, if that’s what you want. Han Ye Jin, brace you self! Here it goes!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I’ll be you girlfriend for the next 31 days”

My eyes open wide, the 50% alcohol of this vodka suddenly became indiscernible. I gulped. Ok since, I dare you, I’ll justify to you that GIRLS always breaks the heart of the BOYS.

I smiled at her widely that I feel like I’m hurting my cheeks. She rolled her eyes and stood up and walked away from me.

“Bye, girlfriend.” I said teasingly.

Tss, did you see it? The game hasn’t begun, yet she’s backing off already. What an eyesore.


One more shot and then I’ll go.

“Is that your new girlfriend?”  Minho abruptly pop out and asked. I’m so surprise that I almost fell on my chair. Stupid.

“Maybe.” I said and drink again.

“Did Ji Won break up with you?”

“I don’t know she went for a vacation; she said she wanted a space.”

“Ooh.” He said while wiping the glass as he nods slowly.

“Thank you.” I said as I put the money on counter and walk away.

“You’re welcome, come back anytime.”

I lit a cigarette. I must focus on something so that I won’t fall asleep on the street.
Think. Think. Think.

Okay, I’ll just think of my supposed-to-be-girlfriend. Hmm. Too bad I didn’t get her number, and too bad she’s just my three-minute girlfriend. I thought she’s tough, but it’s just all an act. Tsk, tsk. She’s quite cute though.

---

Okay, here I am. On my so called mansion, just kidding, it’s just a simple yet clean apartment. I love this place, so peaceful.


I get my spare keys under a pot of plant. I went straight to my bed. Good night.

[Next day, day 1]

Someone’s bashing on my door.

Okay, I might erase what I said last night. It’s rarely to have a loud visitor here. Why did the landlady let SOMEONE noisy enter our mansion, especially on a Sunday morning where you’re supposed to sleep all day because there’s no class or whatsoever.

I yawn. I want to go back sleeping. I took my blanket and cover it to my face. I felt my eye lids becoming heavy.

The door’s being pound again.

What the?! This time it became louder and faster.

“Will you just wait for a minute?!” I said shouting, as I walked nearer to the door. As I open the handle,

Uh-oh.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Good morning boyfriend. Did you have your beauty rest?” I said as I pull my luggage and kiss him on his cheeks. I went straight to his living room. Wow! It’s clean. I think I’m going to love this place. I look behind me, I saw him and he looks stupid frozen there at the door.

“What’s that? H-how did you know my place?” He said stuttering.

“Ha, do you think I back off last night?... Well sad to say my dear NEW boyfriend. I went outside and just waited for you to go out and get home” I emphasized the word new.

He looked at me, surprised. “What are you doing here?” He asked.

“Well, aren’t suppose to be the GIRLFRIEND moves in together with her BOYFRIEND?” I ask. I never thought this would be fun. I tried to hide my smile.

He smirked and walked closer to me. I don’t know why, but my heart suddenly pounds faster. I can’t lose this act; I must be a cool person outside. I lift my face and put my two hands on my waist.

“Let’s make these 31 days to the fullest” He hugged me and said it in a sarcastic way.

“Sure, my dear boyfriend.” I release my hug from him and get my luggage back. I went to tour his apartment; apparently I found his room and went straight there. I sat on his bed and open my luggage, I unload my clothes. As I notice, there are many pictures of this girl, maybe it’s her girlfriend. Sometimes it’s just her alone, sometimes their together in a picture. Never mind. I’m just here to prove to him that girls are not all the same. I’m not here to critic his love life.

“Boyfriend!” I shout and laugh silently. What’s with that calling each other as Boyfriend-Girlfriend? He walked to the bedroom with the toothbrush on his mouth.

“Hmm?” He asked.

“Where am I going to put my things?”

“Wait, let me just finish this.”

Whoa, sudden change of mood again! “Okay, I’ll just prepare our breakfast.” I shouted back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After I finished freshen up myself. As I pass by the kitchen I saw my 31-days girlfriend cooking our breakfast, I hope she didn’t add poison there.


I went to my room and sat on my bad. I miss Ji Won already. Every time I see her, even in the pictures, my heart just beats faster again.

I went closer to the cabinet, beside mine, and clean it. This is usually Ji Won’s locker room. I laughed lightly. I mean, this is where she puts her things when she’s here.

I pull Ye Jin’s things and put it in the cabinet. I even put her luggage in the most upper part of the cabinet.


I lay down on my bed, thinking about many things: happy memories with Ji Won, sad memories, fights.
I remember our first date.  Minho helped me to win Ji Won’s heart. He even let me used his bar, ALONE.

 

Only me and Ji Won. A candle light as the illuminator. It’s very romantic, she told me.

Then I confess to her that I really like her, since the first time we met. She smiled ablaze. The first and last time I saw her like that. Her smile even surpasses the dazzling light of the candle.


“Ki Bum-ssi, breakfast is ready.” Ye Jinsaid which made me jolted back to reality.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He sat down on the chair contrary to me. I can say that his face seem bothered. I gulped. It wouldn’t hurt to ask right?

“Ki Bum-ssi, are you okay?” I asked politely. He stared at me and smiled sadly.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Thank you.” He said, h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter