Jealousy Trap

Jealousy Trap (One-Shot)

 

Heavy footsteps filled the room and the girl suddenly smiles after checking behind her shoulder; Facing the newcomer

 

“Hey” the other smiles and kisses her forehead

 

“How was your day?” the younger asks as Henry slumps on the couch.

 

“mmm…okay, I guess…Zhoumi gege and I ate at a restaurant nearby. You have got to try the steamed squid there” He says and the other simply smiles in response. The violinist frowns as he expected a retort or a punch on his arm from the latter. That was usually something she would do. But nothing came.

 

“Hey. You okay?” He asks. Amber just shot a quick smile past her shoulder.

 

“Yeah.” She said before resuming to her business in the computer. The other straightens his back.

 

“I’m not dumb Am. Somethin’s bothering you. ” He says and the other walks to the kitchen. “Whatever, Lau Xian Hua” she says; calling him in his Chinese name.

 

“Anyways, heard that your teaser was released” she says while grabbing herself a can of soda.

 

“Yeah.” Henry momentarily stops and stares at amber’s back as he smirks. Today is the  perfect day for an experiment. “It was really fun. I mean, the mv and all.” He continues.

 

“Really?” she asks; her back facing Henry.

 

“Yeah! The girl in the mv is really pretty” he boasts and mentally smirks.

 

“How pretty?” Amber questions as she sits in front of him and Henry clasps his hands with a wide smile.

 

“Well, she has really pretty eyes. They literally glow! Her skin is smooth! REAL SMOOTH~ like, I touched her arm and it felt like a baby’s bottom!” He says and expects a scrowl on her face but none was visible. Only a hum was coming out of her pursed lips. A sign that he takes to continue.

“Her raven hair is so long! You just wanna run your fingers through it!” He smiles at the ironic comparison of her hair and Amber’s.

 

“And lastly, her lips! Oh my goodness amber! HER LIPS! I swear, I could fall in love!” he says and the other just smiles.

 

“Well, she sure sounds fun.” She says getting up from her seat. The other laughs and follows the latter.

 

“Come on, am. Y’know I know you’re jealous~” he teases and the other shoots him a weird smile.

 

“Yeah. Suuure Henry” she replies and Henry follows again.

 

“You are! I can feel it!” he says but the other ignores him and picks up the garbage lying around the house.

 

“Amber~ You know what? C’mere!” he says as he wraps his arms around her waist; giving her a huge back hug. The other squirms and protests but the 23 year old idol just hugs her tighter; smelling her hair and nape. His nostrils filled with the sweet scent of roses.

 

“Henry Lau! I have to clean up! What are you doing?” she asks; trying to sound strict but laughs at the end of her sentence.

 

“Admit first that you’re jealous!” He says and the other whines.

 

“I am NOT jealous!” she says ad the other doesn’t move.

 

“Well then, you’re going to have to clean with me on your back.” He says and tries walking but the other whines again.

 

“Henry…” She says and the other sniffs her nape with a small ‘hmm?’ as response.

 

“Come on. I have to clean up.” She says and tries reaching a shirt on the floor but due to Henry’s arms, it wasn’t possible.

 

“Amber, how long have we been together?” He suddenly questions. Amber sighs as she answers.

 

“4 years” Henry then smiles.

 

“Exactly. And in 4 years, I think I’d already know when you’re okay and when you’re not. When you’re jealous and when you’re not. When you have your period and when you’re just plainly pissed at me” The other stifles a laugh. “So…fess up” silence filled the room before the younger one sighs and turns to him. Her forehead touching his.

 

“Well…I am a little envious” She says without making eye contact due to embarrassment and the other laughs.

 

“Hah! I knew it! You are jealous!” he says but seeing the other not wanting to look at him he stops and catches her chin in his index and thumb. “Come on. Tell me everything”

 

“I mean, you guys really looked happy in the video. And the way you smiled at her was different. Y’know…the kind of smile I only get.” She admits while pouting. Before she could say anything else, Henry stops her and tells her to ‘listen first’.

 

“Am, the way I smile to you may be the same to others. But the way I look at you, the way I understand you and the way I love you will never be like anybody else.” He says before lightly kissing amber’s nose. Her cheeks turning into a light shade of red.

 

“And besides, I was lying about me falling in love. I don’t like her that much.“ he says and the other laughs.

 

“But I thought you liked her long raven hair~” she mocks and Henry just chuckles.

 

“Long hair? Not my type. I like girls with short hair. And when their bangs cover their eyes” Henry compliments while swiping her bangs to the side to see her brown orbs but she suddenly punches his arm; receiving an ‘OW!’ from the other.

 

“What was that for?!” he asks with a grimace.

 

“I still blame you for all this. You kept telling me that she’s so pretty that it made me more jealous. I could’ve controlled it but you made it worse.” She said releasing herself from her boyfriend’s arms. He just laughs before slumping himself on the couch; telling her to sit next to him.

 

“Whatever Liu Yi Yun ” he teases before they both lock eyes and lips.