Hopes and Dreams

My Feelings That Grow Like Bubbles

Hyuna POV

I wake up to the sound of my cellphone ringing.

"Ah not morning already!"

I smile hearing my ringtone of MBLAQ's Mona Lisa

Saranghae saranghae saranghanda

ireohke soriohyeo bulleo bonda

Closing my eyes sleepily I imagine Lee Joon is singing this to me.

I look down at the screen and am snapped out of my daydream.

It's 10:30 am.

My manager is going to kill me. How could I sleep in so long? I stick my tongue out at my alarm clock and answer the call.

"yeoboseyo... I mean.. he..hello?" I say quietly, preparing for my manager to yell at me.

"Hanna Kim?"

"Yes?"

"The president wants to see you immediately."

................................

What could he want with me? I think walking through the company's building. Ah who knows, I really think he is just waiting for something to happen so he can cancel my contract.

I've been a trainee at Glostar Entertainment here in the US for 3 years now. My real name is Kim Hyuna, but the president makes everyone call me Hanna since it sounds more like an American stage name. Ha! I laugh at the thought. Even though a work so hard the president seems to prevent me from ever getting on stage. Life isn't all bad though. I have my best friend Eric who is always around to cheer me up. Eric is a trainee too but he's much more successful than me. After all he is the president's son. I think my relationship with Eric is the real reason the president dislikes me. We're just close friends but I guess he doesn't see it that way.

I take a big breath before entering the president's office, ready to face my fate. Hwaiting Kim Hyuna!

End POV

 

-Inside the president's office-

"Hanna, sit down."

"Yes sir"

"I'll make this brief." the president said. "Our company is hosting a 1 year talent exchange with the our Korean sister company J. Tune Camp. I trust you've heard of them?"

"Of course" Hyuna replied. How could she not know, this is MBLAQ's company!

"We'll be having the pleasure of hosting a big star from their company who will do some movies and songs with us." He signaled his secretary to place a file in front of Hyuna. "Do you understand what I'm talking about?" he asked rudely glancing at a photo in the file

Hyuna looked at the photo before replying. "Pi"

Pee!? the president screeched. His secretary let out a laugh before receiving his cold glare. "No! I'm talking about the Korean star Rain"

"Pi... that's Rain in Korean. And anyway what does this have to do with me?" Hyuna asked.

"We're sending you to Korea as part of the exchange."

Hyuna just sat there with open.

"With the company losing money from poor trainees like you do you think we would send them one of our top stars? Don't flatter yourself. We've beefed up your resume and surprisingly they'll take you. You leave for Korea tomorrow morning."

 

Lee Joon POV

Mir and Cheondung are running around are dorm making noise while I try to concentrate on my schedule for the day. Let's see... meeting with my manager about the plans for my upcoming solo album, group dance practice for our concert next month, and meeting our new labelmate from the US. Hmm I perk up at the last one.

"Yes, a chance to impress everyone with my awesome English skills!"

I realize I said that out loud when Mir and Cheondung appear behind me looking over my shoulder.

"Wow Hyung do you really know English?" Mir asks

"Yah you pabo don't be so naive!" He's just bragging!" Cheondung scolds him.

"Who are you calling a pabo?" Mir demands and hits him with a pillow.

Aish these guys are so immature. They sart chasing each other around the room and knock over a lamp in the process.

"Yahh!" I yell and in my perfect American accent add, "You sshhouldn't do that!"

..........................................

"Annyeonghaseyo Hyung-nim" I say greeting my manager with a bow.

"Ah, Lee Joon" He nods back

"How is the concept coming along?"

"Fine, fine. We should be ready to show a sample in a couple days. It's going to be a summer concept."

Hmm a summer concept? It doesn't sound very masculine to me, but perhaps...

"Will I have my shirt off?" I blurt out.

"Aigoo Lee Joon-ah. I'll consider that." He says laughing. "I know your first solo project is very important to you, a chance to shine on your own ne?

..........................................

End POV

At the dance studio the MBLAQ members are working hard rehearsing for their upcoming concert. Or so their manager thinks.

"Do you think she's pretty?" G.O asks, starting the conversation about their "foreign exchange" labelmate

"Of course pabo!" Seungho exclaims. "If we're sending Rain think of who they must be sending to us."

"Yeah just imagine Rain as a woman." Lee Joon teases

"Ahh you'll burn my innocent eyes with thoughts like that" the maknae shouts covering his eyes.

"Enough fooling around everyone we have some long hours of practice ahead of us before we can even meet this girl." Their leader Seungho says and turns on the music.

 

Hyuna POV

I look around the airport lobby for the fifth time and sigh. I've been here for 40 minutes already. Why hasn't anyone come for me? Ah quit worrying Kim Hyuna! I'm in Korea, in the same company as my favorite group MBLAQ, and away from my mean president. Forget his words I tell myself. I will suceed and prove myself! But why hasn't anyone showed up?

The lobby is almost cleared of passengers and I can see the airport staff starting to take notice of me.

"She has daebak airport fashion!"

"Do you think she's a celebrity?"

"She's so pretty!"

I smile and look away from them shyly taking notice of a large family by the exit. I watch as they move away and notice a fimiliar figure behind them.

"Lee Joon-ssi!" I cry happily running towards him. What a handsome smile! I close the gap between us, throw my arms around him, and give him a kiss on the check. I grab my cellphone to take a selca when...

"Hyuna!?"

..........................................

Thanks everyone for reading my first chapter ^^! And thank-you to my first subbies! Sorry if it became a little long. I'm not a very good writer but I hope you will support me. What will happen with Hyuna and Lee Joon next?? I hope I can suprise you :p