When Twelve Boys From Two Worlds Joined As One

Dragon's Breath

The resurrection of the Red Forces was pretty obvious already, seeing as we’d just been attacked by three members of the group, but to hear it being confirmed by Luhan himself had us all gawking at him in horror.

“Back? Like back back?” Kai asked, his forehead creasing as he frowned deeply. 

Luhan nodded slowly, leaning back against one of the sinks. “These aren’t just a few stragglers, the Red Forces have started up all over again," He paused before adding, "With a new leader this time, obviously.”

We stared at him in silence, not sure of how to respond, and he ran a hand through his hair with a sigh. After a few moments, the blonde glanced at his side, taking in the drowned body still partially submersed in the sink.. “But you guys are getting the hang of this whole thing, so no need to be too worried," He said with a chuckle, attempting to lighten the mood. However, the nervous smile that broke onto his face despite his merry tone revealed his true feelings about the situation.

The six of us simply stood quietly, the air in the washroom tense and awkward, but finally, D.O. broke the silence. “How are they back? And who’s leading them?” He asked, shifting anxiously from one foot to another.

“And why are they here?” Suho added, finally gaining the courage to speak.

“Is this why you tried to call me?” I continued the onslaught of questions, seeing Luhan's eyes widen.

“Woah guys, one at a time,” He said, before pulling a cell phone out of his pocket and glancing at the screen.

“Wait, do you guys have cellphones on Exo?” Kai suddenly asked, briefly distracted by the man's mobile.

Luhan looked surprised for a moment before he shook his head and laughed softly. “I got this the first time I came here, looking for Chanyeol. I’ve had it ever since.”

“How do you pay for it?”

“Kai,” D.O. interjected, turning to look at the boy. “Is that really important right now?”

Kai shrugged, stuffing his hands in his pockets and muttering, “I wanna know,” While looking at the ground.

Luhan shot the boy a kind smile before his expression grew serious once more. “I’ll answer all the questions you have but we need to hurry and get back to Exo, I’ll explain on the way.” He pushed away from the sink, stretching briefly before standing straight and making to leave.

“Wait what about school?” D.O. interrupted, looking alarmed.

“And the dead bodies,” Sehun said, crossing his arms. "I think that's a little more important."

D.O. shot the younger a pointed look which Sehun returned, but before they could get into some strange staring match I opened my mouth to speak.

“Yeah, what if someone comes in here?” I asked, glancing down at my own phone. Class would be ending soon, and the hallways, not to mention the washrooms, would soon be crowded with people. The longer it took us to get the bodies out of here and clean the place up, the higher chance of us getting caught.

Luhan frowned, glancing at the puddles and blood all over the floor. "Alright we’ll get this place cleaned up and then go, but we need to hurry.”

We all nodded in response, waiting for someone to come up with a suggestion as to how we should start cleaning, but instead of saying anything, Luhan turned and walked towards the door.

"What are you doing?" I gasped. "What if someone's in the hallway?"

Luhan ignored me, pulling open the door, and to my horror, there was another boy standing there, luckily, facing the other way. "Luhan," I whispered, trying to get the blonde's attention without drawing that of the other boy. "Close the-"

My heart pounded as the boy turned, before leaping into my throat as I realized who was standing there.

“Hey you need to help us-“ Luhan began speaking to the newcomer, but before he could continue, I shot past him, practically tackling the boy in the hallway to the ground.

“"Chanyeol!"

The hallways were still empty despite the time and I probably shouldn’t have been yelling lest I called the attention of someone in the nearby classrooms to us -not to mention that I was wasting our precious time when it was so obvious that Luhan was rushing - but none of that mattered the second I had Chanyeol in my arms. He was delightfully warm, like he'd always been, and just as, if not even more, alarmingly beautiful.

“Oh my God, you’re here,” I whispered, pulling back to look at him, although his image was blurred by the tears already gathering in my eyes. I wiped them away and smiled at the boy, the sight of him taking my breath away.

His hair had changed; the dark brown hair that I'd remembered was lighter, redder, an auburn that truly portrayed his Phoenix identity. The fiery locks were also longer than usual, no longer dancing around his jawline, but his shoulders. His bangs that usually fell into his eyes were swept to the side, framing his large eyes and pouty lips perfectly. Seeing him like this only made the reunion that much more surreal, and I gripped his arms tight to make sure that he was actually standing before me.

"Baekhyun," Hearing his voice say my name reassured me that all of this was real, and I threw all thoughts besides I missed you so much out the window before hugging him tightly, never wanting to let go again.

"God, Baek,” He whispered, his deep voice suddenly rough and raspy.  “I missed you so much.” He hugged me back, pulling me into his warm chest as I sobbed, my tears probably soaking through the shirt he was wearing.

“Chanyeol!” I heard Sehun’s voice exclaim, and I could practically hear the excitement in everyone else’s voices as they all called out to our long lost friend, welcoming him back and saying how much they missed him. Soon, we were wrapped in a large group hug with the tallest boy and I in the middle.

“You guys don’t know how badly I wish I didn’t’ have to interrupt this reunion of yours, but we really should go,” Luhan said nervously, looking around the hallway.

I sighed, the blond was right. I pulled away from my best friend reluctantly, smiling at the sight of him hastily wiping his cheeks before anyone could see his tears. “So what are we going to do with the bodies? I asked, turning to look at Luhan.

The boy seemed to think for a moment before grabbing the man out of the sink and throwing him onto the other man. “Kai, take my hand,” He said, grabbing onto both of them.

“Wait, there’s one more,” Kai suddenly said, pulling open the stall behind him. Luhan and Chanyeol exchanged curious glances before peeking into the stall, the taller one barely suppressing a snort at what he saw.

“Classy, Kai,” Chanyeol said, echoing D.O.’s previous words as he took in the limp body, bent over the toilet.

“Shut up,” There was a faint splash and a dripping noise as Kai dragged the body out by its wrist, holding it in one hand while taking Luhan by the elbow with the other.

The blonde wrinkled his nose at Kai before sighing. “Know any good places to dump a body?”

Kai blinked for a few minutes, deep in thought. Then, his pensive expression gave way to a devious grin and the young boy quickly teleported them away.

“He’s far too excited about this,” Suho remarked, crossing his arms and frowning.

“That’s our Kai,” D.O. agreed with a sigh before glancing around. “Should we start cleaning?” 

I nodded, rubbing my hands together, ready to get to work. 

The tallest boy surveyed the room briefly before coming up with a plan. “Suho, can you hose those down?” Chanyeol asked, nodding towards the blood stains. The short boy did as he was told and soon the entire floor was covered in bloody water. “Now see if you can lift that water into the sinks.”

Suho bit his lip, concentrating for a moment thenraising his hands and willing the liquid to rise into the air. Amazingly, it complied, levitating and swirling around in a graceful arc before draining away into the sink.

“That was so badass,” Sehun gasped, eyes wide.

Suho smiled sheepishly at the compliment, ducking his head. Through his modesty, however, I could see just how proud he was of himself.

Just then, Luhan reappeared, linking elbows with a giddy teenager.

“That was so cool!” Kai shouted happily, grinning from ear to ear.

Luhan shushed him and inspected the now clean washroom then nodded in approval. “Alright, that’s the best we can do, let’s go.”

Without a moment to lose, Chanyeol grabbed my wrist, pulling me over and taking Luhan’s hand. The two looked at the rest, the others quickly getting the hint and following suit until we were all holding hands. We waited for something to happen, but Luhan and Chanyeol were simply staring at Kai expectantly.

“Wait,” The young boy suddenly seemed to understand what was going through their heads. “Am I supposed to teleport all of you?”

“Don't worry, I'll help you.” Luhan said, squeezing the now nervous boy’s hand reassuringly. “Just close your eyes, and focus on where you want to go." Kai shut his eyes, his expression relaxing as he seemed to be absorbing power from Luhan.  “You remember what the castle looked like right?”

Kai didn’t answer, but suddenly, I felt my stomach drop. I shut my eyes against the feeling, not used to it after so long, and when I opened them, I gasped, dropping Chanyeol’s hand in surprise.

“Woah!” I was looking up at the large Exo castle, a place that I thought I wouldn’t be seeing again for a long time. 

“Impressive,” D.O. said, smiling at Kai who flushed and ducked his head.

“Yeah, you're awesome,” Sehun grinned, wrapping an arm around Kai’s shoulder.

The boy smiled back at Sehun, returning the one armed hug as Luhan cleared his throat.

“Shall we go in? The others are expecting us,” He said, raising his hands. Before I could even begin to wonder what he was trying to do, the large doors of the castle swung open, revealing no one on the other side.

Suho merely blinked, staring at Luhan in admiration, but Chanyeol appeared unfazed by the show of the blonde's powers, taking my hand and leading me in through the doors. “I’ve missed you so badly,” He said as we walked, lowering his voice so that no one else could hear. He paused briefly, eyes narrowing as he mulled over his next words in his head. “You won’t leave this time, right?” He finally asked, voice soft and slightly fearful.

I opened my mouth to reply but nothing came out. I wasn’t sure myself. I stared at his pleading eyes, wishing so badly that I could say yes, but before I could say anything at all, a shout caused him to snap his head forward. His troubled expression quickly melted away into a large smile as he looked at the three men running towards us. "Hey!" He shouted, waving a hand in greeting.

“Guys!” A short man that I remembered as Jongdae rushed forward, enveloping us in a large hug. “Oh my God I’ve missed you!” He was practically screaming in my ear, squeezing me tightly before moving on to Suho, then D.O., and so on. He looked elated to see us again, a realization that caused a warm sense of belonging to flutter in my stomach.

Soon, the other two, Zitao and Minseok were joining him, laughing and welcoming us happily. It was as if we were long lost family, which I suppose we were, in a way. I smiled as I watched Zitao talking to Sehun excitedly; it really was good to be back. It made the idea of staying all the more enticing. But before I could dwell on that thought any longer,  I suddenly felt that uncomfortable presence in my stomach making itself known once more. “Where’s Yixing?” I asked, turning my head to look back at Chanyeol, a sneaking suspicion growing in my mind.

The taller boy, however, seemed as unsure of my counterpart's whereabouts as I was, a frown marring his lovely features as he searched the room for the missing boy. "Yixing?" He asked loudly, catching the attention of the others. 

Luhan cocked his head to the side in thought, before seeming to realize something and gasping. He looked at Minseok who had an arm around Suho’s shoulders. “He didn’t-“ 

Jongdae nodded from his place next to D.O., his expression desperate. Luhan trailed off, not even finishing his sentence, as his hand rose to cover his mouth which was now hanging open in surprose.

“Maybe you can help him” Zitao suggested, grabbing my hand and tugging it lightly. I blinked, unsure of what was going on.

“Yeah, if anyone can do it, you can, Baek,” Jongdae said quickly, giving me a pleading look.

"Um-" I opened my mouth, wanting to ask what happened, but I was cut off by Xiumin.

“He’s with Kris in his room,” He added. 

Chanyeol nodded, seeming to catch on, and he grabbed my hand, dragging me towards the staircase that I remembered climbing with Kris.

“What happened?” I asked Chanyeol, as we walked up the steps, nervousness burning in my abdomen.

\Chanyeol gnawed on his lip nervously. “Well, Luhan already told you that the Red Forces were back, Yixing had gone to find out where their home base was. We'd though if we could attack them there, we could get rid of them once and for all." I nodded, encouraging him to continue. "I don't think he came back unharmed.

“He went alone?” I was alarmed, surprised that they would let him do something like that.

“He was only supposed to check around various towns, see what the gossip was, then report back. If he actually found their hiding spot…”

We stopped in front of a door, near the room where I had recovered after our last battle. “This is his room,” The auburn haired boy said, raising a hand to turn the doorknob.

He hadn’t even touched it before it swung open in front of him, revealing a wide eyed Kris standing in front of us. His eyes narrowed when he saw me, but his gaze turned back to Chanyeol so quickly that I nearly thought I'd imagined the glare.

Unlike Chanyeol, Kris’ appearance hadn’t changed very much; the dragon god was still as tall and intimidating and handsome as ever. His eyes betrayed a certain weariness however, as they raked over the boy standing next to me with something akin to fear. “You’re okay,” He finally breathed out after moments of silence, pulling Chanyeol into his arms and burying his face in the fiery locks. From my perspective, I could see that Kris's arms were slightly trembling, as if the boy was on some sort of caffeine high. He looked like he hadn't gotten much rest in days, and his hands were gripping Chanyeol so tightly that his knuckles were turning white. 

“Kris,” Chanyeol’s voice was slightly muffled as his face was pressed into the crook of his lover’s neck, but the man didn’t let go, instead holding him tighter.

“I was so scared that something would happen to you too,” Kris said, his voice soft but still loud enough to reach my ears. "Yixing came and- Yixing was-" Kris was stuttering now, and I began to wonder just how stressed out the man was. I remembered the time difference between the two worlds, judging by the time that Luhan had attempted to call me, he was in our plane for at least an hour, and it could have been hours or even a day on Exo.

"Kris," Chanyeol repeated, this time trying to push his lover back. The tall blonde would have none of it, however, only moving away to give himself space to bend and kiss his boyfriend's lips.

“I was so scared for you. If I lost you again…” Kris muttered into Chanyeol’s mouth before kissing him once more.

I turned away, feeling awkward and slightly embarrassed at having witnessed that. I glanced past the couple, into the room. The curtains were drawn, only a few candles illuminating the room, and I was able to make out a bed with a form lying on top of it, presumably Yixing. Chanyeol and Kris parted, and were now speaking to each other quietly so gently, as to not disturb the two, I walked past them, taking a seat at the chair that had been set up next to the bed.

Sure enough, Yixing lay before me, his face peaceful in his slumber. Although he looked to be simply resting, I could tell from his rapid breaths that something was not right with him.

“He was shot,” Kris’ voice called out behind me, the two apparently having finished up their reunion, “With about five arrows.” They walked over, and I heard Chanyeol gasp softly at the information.

“We’re not sure what exactly happened, but Yixing showed up at the doors bleeding profusely and half dead. Some of the arrows had been pulled out, the others broken but still stuck in him. My guess is he did that himself while trying to get back home,” Kris explained. He seemed a lot steadier now, and I wondered if that could be attributed to Chanyeol lending him power through the bond that us counterparts seemed to have. “We aren’t sure how far he travelled, but he’d lost a lot of blood on the way. Xiumin was thinking that some of the arrows may have even been poisoned.”

Chanyeol frowned, running a hand over Yixing’s forehead, a look of concern etched across his features.

“We’ve tried healing him,” The blond continued, wrapping a protective arm around his lover’s shoulder. “And I think we managed to drain out most of the poison. The rest is mostly out of our hands, it’s up to his body to recover. He’s really weak though…” I could hear the worry in his voice, echoing the dull ache in the pit of my stomach. Was this possible the reason for the pain?

Remembering the words of the boys downstairs, I reached out, placing a hand on Yixing’s chest. I hadn’t been very sure of what Zitao had meant when he asked me to heal his friend, but now I was beginning to understand, as Yixing’s breathing immediately calmed and a soft sigh escaped his lips.

I smiled, the ache lessening some, and shuffled forward to lay my head on his chest.

The room grew silent, Kris and Chanyeol watching with bated breath as I shut my eyes, not really sure of how this worked, but trying my hardest to channel all my energy into the body beneath me. You’ve healed so many people before, Yixing, it’s my turn to heal you. And sure enough, I could practically feel the effects my strength was having on the injured boy.

“Baekhyun?” The man beneath me suddenly muttered, body shifting slightly. I turned my head to face him and couldn’t contain my grin at seeing his eyes slightly open.

“I’m here,” I whispered soothingly, not sure where this suddenly protective side of me was coming from.

“Good, so they found you,” Yixing muttered, sounding sleepy.

“Rest,” Kris practically cooed at his friend, taking his hand and rubbing it with his thumb.

“I found it ‘Fan,” Yixing mumbled, his words slurring as he tiptoed the line between asleep and awake.

“Shhh, you can tell us later,” Kris whispered, separating from Chanyeol completely and kneeling on the floor next to the bed. The scene surprised me, from my brief stay in Exo I hadn’t been able to pay close attention to the relationships between the group, but I certainly hadn’t expected Yixing and Kris to be so close.

“They’re at the mountain, your mountain,” The tired boy muttered. “I followed them there.”

I wasn’t sure what Yixing meant, but by the way Kris’ face visibly paled, I knew that it was definitely not good.

My mountain?” Kris echoed and Chanyeol rushed to stand behind him, squeezing his shoulder reassuringly.

Yixing merely murmured in agreement before shutting his eyes once more and falling asleep completely. Satistied that my work here was done, I stood and turned towards Kris.

“What’s your mountain?” I asked, cocking my head to the side as the tall boy also got to his feet.

***

“The story goes that a long, long time ago, when Exo came into existence, there was this mountain. The mountain was the tallest peak in all the land, and from the very top, you could see the entire world. Caves and tunnels run throughout it, going deep down into the land, deeper than any man has gone before, and in the very center, at the deepest point, is a lake of burning lava,” Luhan said, taking a sip from his glass.

We were all, save Yixing, gathered at the table in the large dining hall, eating the dinner that Jongdae and D.O. had been preparing for us when Kris ushered Chanyeol and I back downstairs, saying that Luhan would explain everything, before rushing off to speak to the boy. While we waited, the rest of us reacquainted ourselves, making small talk until we were called to dinner.

“This was back when Exo and Earth were one,” Minseok added, in between mouthfuls of food.

“Wait, what?” Kai frowned in confusion, narrowing his eyes at the boy. “What are you talking about?”

I bit my lip, completely enthralled in the conversation. The last time we were in Exo, everything was so rushed and Luhan was only able to give us short explanations as to what was going now. Now, we were about the learn the history of the world.

“It all used to be one plane,” Zitao explained, pushing his food around with his fork, “One world, but there was a lot of chaos on it. There wasn’t one clear ruler, just a lot of people, who should have been equal, but of course that never works out does it? Instead, there were two types of people, the normal, mortal ones, and the ones with abilities, like you and I. But some of the ones with abilities thought that they were better than the mortals, abusing their powers and turning the mortals into slaves and toys for their own amusement. The mortals would pray to any higher power for help, but for centuries, everything stayed the same.”

Sehun’s mouth was hanging open, and D.O.’s eyes were wider than usual as we took in the story. Kai and Suho both looked troubled; even Chanyeol was frowning and I assumed that he hadn’t heard this story yet, or at least not completely.

“But one day, it seemed that their prayers were finally answered,” Zitao continued. “There was a huge earthquake, and the ground split in two. The crack went all the way across the world, before finally running through the mountain.”

“And when the mountain was split, something came out of it,” Kris said, his voice low and suddenly frightening. Since we'd left Yixing's room, he'd gone back to his scary self, his body still jittery, but that angry scowl back on his face. Chanyeol and him seemed tense, making me wonder what they'd been talking about back in that room. 

I looked up at Kris and our eyes made contact, the gleam reflected in his eyes startling me.

“A god was born, in the center of that mountain, and it had finally been set free,” Kris continued, sending a chill through my spine. “He took the form of a dragon.”

Wufan…

“The dragon flew over the land, burning villages and attacking all those who mistreated the mortals. There was twelve days of fire and blood, until the dragon settled in the center of the land, and made his home there. He shifted into a manlike form, taking the role of ruler of the land.”

Chanyeol, who had been staring down at the table intently since his boyfriend first spoke up, turned to Kris, taking his hand and squeezing it gently.

“He made a law, that all mankind was to be treated equally,” Jongdae piped up.

“But some mortals didn’t trust him. After all, he had power too, why wouldn’t he abuse it?” Luhan interjected. “So the god gave them a choice. The chasm that had split the land, would divide it into two worlds. One were the humans could live on their own, the other where the remainders would stay and he would enforce the peace. Some humans took the chance and left, others stayed here, creating Earth and Exo.

“The chasm faded, and the worlds were both completely divided with magic, but of course there are a few rifts,” Luhan added.

“Like that spot by the river,” I said, remembering where we’d crossed over the first time. Luhan nodded.

“But wait, the Dragon god, that’s Wufan, err, Kris,” D.O. said, “But how about the rest of you – us?”

Chanyeol finally began to smile, apparently having been told this part of the story. “As ruler, the Dragon grew lonely. So he was given a gift, out of the lava where he’d been born. A Phoenix.”

“And to help him protect Exo, ten more gods were born, the entire group being divided into six pairs,” Minseok finished.

“Wow,” Suho mumbled, sitting back in his seat.

“I know, it’s a lot to take in,” Luhan said with a smirk.

“So, that mountain that Yixing was talking about. That’s the mountain where Kris was born?” Sehun asked, finally beginning to eat.

Luhan nodded. “After the divide, that mountain was considered sacred ground; supposedly, it still contained some of the powers that birthed the Dragon and Phoenix, deep within its caves. However, no one would tread there, they were pretty terrified of the place. So for the Red Forces to be taking up camp there is pretty huge.”

“It’s a gutsy move,” Chanyeol agreed, frowning slightly.

“With all the magic in that place, there’s a lot of dangerous creatures there,” Zitao pointed out. “The place is so dangerous that even…” He paused, glancing at Kris worriedly.

“Even I wouldn’t go back there,” Kris finished, looking straight into my eyes.

“But you were born there,” Kai gasped.

“That place had the power to create both Chanyeol and I, yes, it would probably have the power to destroy us, many times over.”

“You talk like it has a mind of its own,” Suho said, a tremor of fear in his voice.

“Would you believe such a thing to be impossible?” The tall blond asked, raising an eyebrow.  “Who do you think had the mind to create us, all of us?”

Suho looked down and the rest of us were silent. With everything that I had learned about Exo, nothing seemed impossible any more.

“There is a power there, a stronger than that of any of us gods," Luhan finally said, breaking the tension in the air. 

"If there's a power there, then why doesn’t it just destroy the Red Forces? I mean it created us, shouldn’t it be on our side?” From the tone of our conversation, it was pretty obvious that I was wrong, however it didn’t hurt to ask, did it?

“It let the world and the people in it rot for centuries before finally creating us to save everyone," Luhan said with a shrug. "Now, that we exist, it’s our job to keep the peace, so why should it do anything else? If we fail, it is our own fault." He sighed.

“So we’re on our own?” Suho assumed.

“No,” Kris replied, looking pensive. Everyone stared at him with confusion and he ran a hand through his hair before sighing deeply. “We are on our own,” He said, looking back at the short boy meaningfully.

Suho frowned, not really understanding Kris’ words, but I was beginning to understand the man’s way of thinking. And with the surprised looks on Jongdae, Minseok and Zitao’s faces, combined with the anger in Luhan’s expression and the way Chanyeol stared at his lover, my thoughts were confirmed.

“You don’t want us to help,” I guessed, eyeing the god.

“No, I don’t,” He replied, looking me straight in the eyes.

“You called us here!” Kai exclaimed, shock and disbelief written all over his features.

“Luhan and Chanyeol called you here,” Kris corrected, rubbing his temples with a sigh.

“But you let them come.”

"Who said I let them?" The man snapped, slamming his hands down on the table, causing Chanyeol to jump. "I told them not to leave, to wait untl Yixing came back so we could know what we were dealing with. Why should I be surprised though, have they ever obeyed me in the past?” The auburn haired boy next to him flinched at that, bowing his head but Kris didn't calm down.

“We’re not here to obey you Kris,” Luhan suddenly said, sounding extremely angry. “Especially when you have stupid logic!”

“I want some people to make it out alive, how is that stupid!” Kris shouted, standing up. I could see the weariness creeping into his face again, his hands shaking as he curled them into fists.

“Is this your way of caring about us, Kris?” I asked, getting to my feet too. “Because I think you’re very mistaken.”

“They’re stronger than the last time, Baekhyun,” Kris practically spat out my name, and had I been any less angry, I would have been shaking in my boots. “And you barely made it out of that one alive.”

“But I did make it, and if it weren’t for us, you would all be dead!” I yelled, frustration getting the better of me. “You admitted that you were wrong last time, don’t make the same mistake.”

My words seemed to strike a chord within the man as all the fight suddenly drained from body and he sat back down in his seat. “The last time was different,” He said quietly.

I frowned, sitting too, but the anger was still coursing through my veins.

“The last time, I was acting out of spite, still angry at Chanyeol. This time, I’m afraid. I’m scared that you are going to get hurt and I’m going to lose you. All of you.” He looked at us his gaze sweeping across the entire table. "Chanyeol and Luhan were gone and Yixing was almost dead and I thought that I'd have to watch everyone die around me again..."

As frustrated as I was with the stubborn man, I could understand his fears. I had no idea how it must have felt for him during the first battle with the Red Forces, but remembering the pain I'd felt when Yixing was simply injured, I knew that it must have been a terrible experience.“Splitting us in half won’t help," I replied, my voice softer.

“It’ll save half of you,” He responded. “Only because I know that the other half won’t leave.”

“What makes you think we’d leave?” Suho asked, giving Kris a reassuring smile. “Come on, Kris, we’re  in this together, we are one.”

Kris glanced at Suho. “And if we die as one?”

“Then we die as one,” Chanyeol finally spoke, lifting his head and  reaching forward to take Kris’ wrist. “But let’s not die, okay?” He placed a kiss on his lover’s lips, but Kris still didn't appear completely convinced. He frowned at Chanyeol, the younger boy giving him a reassuring look. “Besides, you can’t die so soon, I haven’t had forever with you yet.”

I laughed quietly at Kai and Sehun's outbursts of disgust, Zitao and Jongdae simply rolling their eyes while Minseok smiled at the couple. 

"So we leave you for a few months and you become a sappy pile of mush?" D.O. teased, glad for some levity.

"Seems so," Chanyeol said with a smile, pulling Kris in for another kiss as the two youngest boys groaned once more.


Ahem... Well, what do you guys think? Sorry for the slow updates, life is getting in the way, but let me know your thoughts on the sequel so far. See you next time guys :D