two

The Dragon Prince
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
         chapter
       two
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -    
       ________________________________________

 

 

Jiyeon’s POV

My eyes fluttered open at the first hint of dawn and I rubbed my head because of the massive pain. “Ouch,” I winced, feeling a bump at the back of my head. Yesterday’s incident flashed before my eyes. Groaning, I reluctantly rose from the bed and hauled my drowsy self downstairs to the kitchen only to trip at the last step of the stairs. Pain shooting up my knees as I fell down, knees bumping hard onto the floor.

You know sometimes, I just want to slap the klutz side of me.

I glanced around to see any sight of my sister. The house was quiet. She wasn’t here. Great. It was Saturday and I certainly didn’t wish to be stuck with her the whole day. If she was here, I can already imagine her saying how pathetic am I and the bad luck I bring to her house. Technically speaking, the house belonged to my father but he didn’t manage the entire pay of the house when he died in the accident. Hence my step sister filled in his spot to pay for the house and claimed it was now hers. As the situation didn’t get any better, much to my dismay, the subordinate court decided to put me under her ‘care’ as she was the only family I have left.

Grabbing a handful of ice, I wrapped them in a cloth and put them on the bruises. After I had sure my bruises cool down, I went back to my room, feet lazily nudge the door to close it and merely plopped on the bed. Saturday and sleep seemed like a perfect combination.

My head sharply turned as I heard the buzz from my phone. I let out a huff, not wanting to move from my comfortable position. Unlocking my phone, Jimin’s name flashed on the screen.

   Jimin: “Yo dweeb guess what day is it today? :)”

   Me: “What?”

   Jimin: “Ermm...”

   Me: “What day is today? Seriously?”

   Jimin: “..."

Knowing this convo was going to drag without answer, I decided to call him. For the first few minutes, he purposely made sighing sound and not answer my question just to make me feel bad than I already was.

“Today is my birthday.. I thought you would..remember,” His voice was low before he went silent.

I knocked my head. How can I forget my best friend’s birthday?

“Y-yah of course I remember! I was just fooling around with you ha ha ha,” I laughed awkwardly. Guilt was creeping up my body. He then asked me to go out with him to celebrate his birthday with the rest of the Bangtan Boys: the kingka group of our school. Despite being lazy and wanting to stay more on the bed, I promised to join him especially after the fact that I had forgotten his special day.

After a nice shower, I put on a sweatshirt and squezzed myself into my skinny jeans which didn’t impose to be much of a trouble considering my petite figure. I highlighted my hair with the cheap red hair chalk I bought to match my sneakers. Jimin hasn’t arrived yet. The moment I slided the balcony door, the sun shone on my face as my brows furrowed upon its embrace. I sauntered forward but fall down in an instant, dropped to my hands and knees when I tripped over something. Curiously, I gazed down and spotted a dragon stuffed toy; red-colored on the floor. It looked new. How did this even got here? Considering this was on the second floor.

“Is there any chance it might be from..” I paused before my eyes darted up to the sky looking at nothing in particular. The shrill sound of car horn jerked me awake from my thought. Peeking down, I saw a car with Jimin grinning widely in the driver seat while the rest of Bangtan Boys filled the back seats. Still clasping on the plushie, I slung my bag over my shoulder, scurried out of the house and hopped on the passenger seat.

Jimin looked absolutely gorgeous as usual. “Like what you are seeing?” He smirked.

Cursing myself in my head for staring at him too long, I averted my gaze away, my cheeks flushing red.

“Where are we going?” I asked, changing the topic.

“Where...are we going?” He replied with a teasing tone.

“How am I supposed to know? You asked me out!”

“I asked you out?”

 “ off”

The entire ride was a total chaos and uproar with the boys making fun of me, chatting ert things and mumbling foreign words that I didn’t understand.

“Noona, are you on your period?” Jungkook, the maknae poked his head beside me with eyes blinking repeatedly like a puppy.

“Why are you suddenly asking?” I asked back.

“Because your hair is freaking red! Did you dye it with the...” He stifled a laugh but then he burst out hysterically, with the rest of the boys.

“YAAAHHHH!!” Shrieking at the top of my lungs, I slightly knocked Jungkook’s head before glaring at him and shifting my gaze to the window.

“Someone is really on her period,”

And the ride was again erupted with their simultaneous roars in hysterics.

Upon realizing that I brought the plushie with me, I reached for a keychain ring in my bag and clung it on. The car pulled up outside a a small inexpensive-looking restaurant. Jimin nudged me. “We are here,”

“Are we having a breakfast?” I asked while unbuckling my seatbelt. He reached for my chin, cupping it bringing my head up. A mischiveous grin played on his rosy pink lips. His eyes sparkled with mischief.

“No. Much more fun,” He stated, winking before going out of the car.

I turned round to look at the boys and they were grinning at each other. Whay were they up to?

Noticing all eyes were diverted on us at the restaurant, I hastily settled down on a table towards the front, followed by the boys. I may look like a retard with a plushie as the size of a palm clung at my bag but I couldn’t careless. Jimin sat beside me while the rest of the boys filled in the seats. Within seconds, the waitress came and handed us the menus.

“We’ve waited for like an hour!” Namjoon deep voice shrilled. He slammed the table out of sudden, his fists clenched. I scratched my non-itchy head. Didn’t we just arrived?

The rest of the boys were also having serious expressions plastered on their faces like they would strangle the waitress in an instant.

Jungkook then cleared his throat before saying “I’d like a grilled steak”

“Sorry but we don’t serve steak here,” The waitress calmly stated.

“You don’t serve steak?! What kind of restaurant is this?!”

I could sense the waitress started feeling uneasy and her hands began to tremble. The boys yelled simultaneously, ignoring her shivering.

“I’d like spaghetti carbonara!”

 “Prawn cocktail and tomato smoothie! I’m on diet!”

 “Cotoletta alla Milanese!”

“I’d like a Tarta De Santiago”

“Coresso Magriana Flaffa Je Doubleroddjkwofgo-“ Bursting into laughter, Jimin yanked my wrist and hauled me out of the restaurant. When we were outside of the restaurant, I flinched away “What was that for?”

“That was the fun dweeb! We are going to annoy as many people as possible today to celebrate my birthday!”

Ruffling my hair, he turned round towards the boys and they high-fived each other as they collapsed into a fit of hysteria, hands clutching on stomach before finally gasping for air.  

To say that these boys are crazy is an understatement.

        ________________________________________
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

        

         author's note
              - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - -

        » Idk what I wrote lol 
 

         by e.g.