The Blanket

Cream Walls

 

 "Okay, your room assignments are as follows..." the members listened intently to their manager's announcement.

 "First room: Jungmin, Donghyun and Hyunsong" the three looked at each other impulsively and silently in a loss of what to expect.

 "Second: Twins and Minwoo" the manager said before leaving them to unpack their things into their respective rooms.

 

***

 

 "Good night" a tired little maknae greeted from his bed. They'd finished fixing their stuff and were going to get some shut eye. The twins bid him the same before laying themselves into comfortable sleeping positions.

 And after a while the maknae was comfortably sprawled on his bed and slightly snoring, the twin with ebony uncolored hair was tamely shut eyed on his side with hands tucked between his head and his pillow. Meanwhile the much brightly hair colored twin among the two had been struggling with a number of positions, trying his best to fall asleep wth each one he tried. It was because of those blankets, those stupid blankets that apparently weren't supplied by their brilliant dorm.      

 He turned to his side, facing his brother's bed. Of all people, Kwangmin would know the conditions he had to get to sleep. But he wasn't awake anymore. Youngmin stared intimately at his brother in a failed attempt of telepathically waking him up.

 He tried staring up at the ceiling. All he got were heavy eye lids. He tried counting sheep but even the possibility of it not back firing was nonexistent. He tried simply closing his eyes and yet no luck whatsoever.

 He whined internally, making frustrated faces at the air, not knowing what to do and then tightly squeezed his eyes shut, hoping for a miracle.

 "Hyung" he heard a faint whisper call him. He barged his eyes open to the sight of his brother smiling at him. "Sleep with me?" he suggested while motioning to the free space beside him. Youngmin heaved a heavy sigh of relief from his weary chest. Thank goodness for a brother like him.

He crawled onto the bed, laying down beside his twin, facing him. He said a quick 'Thank you' before smiling genuinely.

 "Turn around" he heard his brother say. He didn't understand what for but he followed, precedingly feeling a body pressed against his back and an arm wrapped around his waist. "You don't have to deal with this all alone... and it might not feel the same but I'll be your blanket hyung. I'll keep you warm and help you get to sleep"

 He smiled at the soft words mumbled at his nape, lacing his fingers along with the arm that held him as he gratefully drifted off to sleep.

 Thank God for a brother like him.