# Chapter 3

Fragile

 

         You wrapped your fingers around the trolley's handle and pulled it out the door after hugging your mother for the 10th time.

“Bye mom.” You said waving as you ran down the staircase.

“Bye, be careful!” She answered walking to the railing and watching you leave. “It’ll never get easier…” She said sighing and biting her lip.

“Your excitement excites me!” Your sister said jumping around enthusiastically.

“I’m glad!” You replied squealing. “We’re going to see the airport for the first time!” You added looking all dreamy.

“Oh … I’m afraid of heights…” Your sister said dropping the trolley and covering her face with both her hands.

“Don’t worry; you won’t even see the ground.” You replied laughing.

“Stop teasing me!” She whined getting in the cab.

***

“It’s gonna be AWESOME!” You yelled excitedly while looking outside the window at the plane. The airport looked so cool! You had lived in that city for 20 years, but since you didn’t afford traveling by plane, you never had any business at the airport. The size of it was nothing less than impressive to you and the fact that you were super-easy to impress just added to the amazement.

“If we make it alive in case of a plane crash!” Your sister added shaking like jelly.

“Stop worrying so much! If we die, we’ve had a good life.” You answered skipping towards the terminal. “C’mon, let’s go.”

“I hate you.” She whimpered grabbing her luggage and following you, just because she didn’t have a choice. To be completely honest, you would have been relieved if she suddenly decided to stay home – the weight the thought of your dear YoungBae falling for her put on your chest would have vanished, but at the same time you didn’t feel like doing this all alone, so you were equally thankful for her presence.

          The flight was awfully LONG and tiring and you spent it playing stupid games, cracking jokes and mostly trying anything that would keep you busy.

“Hey, I like potato chips.” You said in a silly voice while staring at two people talking.

“I don’t, I think… and then something about cabbage.” Your sister replied seriously, frowning and trying to read what they were saying.

“What?? That doesn’t make ANY sense!” You said laughing.

“You’re judging me? ‘Hey, I like potato chips’, is that the best you could come up with?” She asked giving you a funny look.

“I bet he’s asking the flight attendant just now for a bag of potato chips.” You replied giving her a superior look. “Just wait and see.”

          That was how you kept staring at that random man for about half an hour before you started to yawn and your sister followed, falling asleep.

“We’re going to land in Seoul shortly, please buckle your seat-belt. Thank you for flying with us.” A robotic voice announced making you jump from your seat.

“OH MY GOD! We’re here!” You yelled making everybody on the plane turn around and stare at you. “Sorry.” You apologized smiling shyly. “We’re here!” You told your sister, shaking her.

“Yeah…” She answered turning around and sleeping some more.

          Well, it figured. Why would she have been as excited? You were the one who was going to meet the love of her life – FINALLY – and she wasn’t even aware of it. You felt somehow bad, for hiding things from her – she was the person you told everything to – but Youngbae was YOUR little piece of heaven. It felt so unreal that you were afraid that telling anybody would spoil it – a dream come true and you were afraid that telling HER… would spoil it.

          The mixed feelings in your heart were starting to affect your whole body. You were torn between running out the terminal and jumping into his arms and putting the moment off as long as possible, because you were too afraid to face him.

          Your heart was beating like crazy and you could now feel it beat inside your stomach. So hard, you were afraid it had dropped from inside your chest where it belonged. You had a lump formed inside your throat and you were a step away from crying of nervousness. That was just how much seeing him affected you. You weren’t sure what you were afraid of, but something scared to hell out of you.

“Hurry up!” It was your sister's turn to yell excitedly now, since she had finally gotten off that “trap of death” as she would call it.

“Why are you in such a hurry? I… need time to recover from the flight. My feet are numb and my body is stiff.” You answered in a trembling voice.

“We’re wasting time! I wanna go and check into the hotel already and just relax!” She said walking back to you, grabbing your wrist and pulling you along with her.

“STOP IT!” You yelled angrily startling her. “Sorry… I’m just nervous… stressed out. I…”

“Don’t worry about it.” She answered smiling like she understood your reasons. “You didn’t get much sleep, it’s just the tiredness acting up.”

“The truth is…” You said making her ears perk up. “I’m meeting someone.” You added making her even more curious. “It’s a guy I’ve been writing to for the last year.”

“Is he the one who kept sending you those letters?!” She asked excitedly.

“Yeah… he’ll be waiting for us and it’s the first time we’ll meet and I just can’t raise the courage to face him…” You confessed in the end.

“Are you afraid he might be a weirdo?” She asked giving you a worried look.

“No!” You exclaimed looking at her seriously. “It’s not like that! I trust him.” You explained sighing. “I’m just nervous to meet him for the first time.” You explained walking in front of her.

“Is he hot?” She asked raising her eyebrows.

“It’s none of your business!” You yelled feeling the nervousness fall into the second place while being over-throned by anger.

“Calm down, I’m not gonna steal him or anything.” She said giving you a suspicious look, but that didn’t change the fact that you were feeling threatened once again. “Why are you so aggressive about it? Are you perhaps… crushing on him?” She asked wiggling her eyebrows again.

“So what if I were?” You asked feeling guilty for some reason. “He likes me too.” You added quickly, giving her a proud look. “What? You’re not saying anything anymore?” You asked seeing her go quiet all of a sudden.

“Sister…” She mumbled making you turn around to see her staring blankly into space. “Isn’t that… umm… that guy… isn’t he…” She kept blabbering until you lost your patience and walked over to her to look in the direction she was looking. “It’s Taeyang!” She yelled grabbing your face and forcing you to look that way.

          Your hand relaxed all of a sudden, letting go of the luggage's steal handle and you felt your legs yield when you saw his face. It was him. It really was. Right in front of you! His eyes were covered by a big pair of black glasses and he was wearing a black cap while hiding his chin behind a cool black and white scarf. 

         You were staring at him but you couldn’t bring yourself to do anything more than that. Your feet wouldn’t move towards him, you didn’t want them to. You couldn’t open your mouth to call him; your hand wouldn’t reach out to wave at him. You were just hoping he would see you, because what you were waiting for was a reaction.

         His head was looking around eagerly, like a puppy’s looking for its owner. He looked lost, hopeful, excited and just as nervous as you were. You were looking at him, analyzing every bit of him and enjoying the moment to the fullest without realizing your feet had started to move. One step; one small step closer to him. 

         Your body and mind both froze and you gasped for air while your eyes opened widely in surprise when he suddenly looked your way. He could finally stop looking because he had found you; that was what his face was saying. His lips were graced with the beautiful smile you adored and you found yourself answering unconsciously while his whole body turned your way. He was so beautiful.

         Your heart was beating too fast to let you breath - but that was fine, because you were too nervous to do so anyways – and your mind went completely blank as you saw him walking towards you. What did he think about you? Was he disappointed? Was he happy? Because you couldn’t tell by the look on his face. What was he thinking? Was his mind as blank as yours?

         There was only thing that came to your mind as he reached you:

“Why is he hugging my sister?”

         One thing was for sure, she was just as shocked as you were so… WHAT THE HELL WAS GOING ON?!

A dream come true, that was what the whole situation was, right…? But you hadn’t considered that nightmares were dreams too.

_______________________________________

I would like to take this oportunity to THANK my dearest subscribers Rhea15 and ShibaIna for up-voting the story.

THANK YOU!!! It really means a lot to me! <3

Also, thanks to everyone for commenting! You are my most active subscribers ever, so far!