Chapter 2;

Love is Virtual

 Chanhee sighed as he lazed around in his apartment. Having finished most of his work, Chanhee his lap-top to check his e-mail inbox.

3 new e-mails

baking.com; Learn the new blueberry crumble recipe!

faceshoppe; Try the new Skin Whitening Cream!

Mum; Lee family misses their Channie baby~

Sighing, Chanhee thought of his family back in Korea. It was actually the week of Easter and he was spending it alone. He missed his parents very much but the good thing was that Chanhee would finish his business trip and be back in Korea by the end of the month.

Heading out to the supermarket to grab some groceries, Chanhee left his lap-top on the table and walked out. He had forgotten about the unfinished conversation between him and 'L.Joe'.  However.. an unexpected e-mail came when he was out of the house..

22 March 2013

To: [email protected]; [email protected] ... ... [email protected]

From: [email protected]

Wishing everyone a wonderful  Good Friday and Easter!

Regards,

L.Joe

Coming back home to read an e-mail from L.Joe brought a smile to the male's face.

3 mins later

To: [email protected]

From: [email protected]

So, I'm still part of your contact list?

Yours sincerely,

Chanhee (USA)

~

1 min later

To: [email protected]

From: [email protected]

Oh! An e-mail from Mr Hate-The-Joe-Times! Of course you are still part of my contact list. You are quite hard to forget, I suppose; even though we only talked virtually, you have been on my mind as of late.

Yours sincerely,

L.Joe

~

1 min later

To: [email protected]

From: [email protected]

You are really a sweet talker, or shall I say, writer huh? Thank you for that Easter greetings. I appreciate it, really.

A happy Good Friday and Easter to you too!

Yours sincerely,

Chanhee (USA)

~

3 mins later

To: [email protected]

From: [email protected]

Hm, I am? Why thank you then. You just brought a smile to my gorgeous face, I must say. Talking about gorgeousness, we have yet to finish our conversat-- or rather, debate from the previous time. I still do not believe that you have a gorgeous face (like me). I wouldn't mind some concrete proof of your face though. I am rather curious with how Mr Hate-The-Joe-Times look like << Once again, I'm not a ert. I'm a respectable teacher.

However, I'm intrigued with how you look like.., Chanhee.

Yours sincerely,

L.Joe

~

1 min later

To: [email protected]

From: [email protected]

You are getting a tad flirty, aren't you? Well, if you want a picture, you have to give me one in return too. I can't lie that I am not curious of your looks too, Mr. L.Joe. 

PS: You do come off as a ert though.

Yours sincerely,

Chanhee (USA)

~

1 min later

To: [email protected]

From: [email protected]

Flirty? I beg to differ. I'm just being friendly, no? Alright then. We will give each other pictures of ourselves during our respective birthdays, how about that? I'm born in Novemember but I swear, I'm definitely older than a whiny man that hates The Joe Times.

PS: I am N O T a ert.

Yours sincerely,

L.Joe

~

1 min later

To: [email protected]

From: [email protected]

Well, I suppose you are right this time (I'm not letting you win the next time though). Oh? That sounds cool to me, actually. Hey, drop the matter of The Joe Times. I'm still angry about that ty--, that.. useless magazine. Hah, I'm born in October so there is a chance that I'm older than you, Mr L.Joe.

PS: You claim to be older than me so perhaps you could be a 65 year-old balding old man that preys on gorgeous hot stuffs like me.

Yours sincerely,

Chanhee (USA)

~

1 min later

To: [email protected]

From: [email protected]

Competitive, are we? (I'm bent on winning every single time but are you implying we will have another time?) I will drop that matter if you drop the formalities. Call me L.Joe, please. The students in my school even call me without the 'Mr' so you don't have to, Chanhee. Oh really now? I was born in the year 1993. I bet you are a scrawny little 2000s kid.

PS: ... I choose not to comment on that. I'm a young healthy (NOT BALDING) handsome man.

Yours sincerely,

L.Joe

~

1 min later

 To: [email protected]

From: [email protected]

Yes, competitive we are. (You don't want to?) L.Joe it is. And it seems like you have gotten used to saying--, I mean, typing my name, haven't you? ... I hate to admit but I quite like ihow you address me this way.. And don't lie. I don't believe you because I was born in the year 1993 too. (ignoring your last comment)

PS: I still don't believe you.

Yours sincerely,

Chanhee (USA)

~ 

1 min later   

To: [email protected]

From: [email protected]

(To be very honest, I want to. You are.. interesting, at the very least.) I am honestly used to addressing people with their names.. It makes our relationship closer, no? And I sincerely am born in the year 1993. Do you wish to have a look at my birth certificate?

PS: I will make you.

Yours sincerely,

L.Joe

~

1 min later

To: [email protected]

From: [email protected]

(I find you interesting too..) That didn't make me feel special  << it's just a joke. Relationship? We have one, L.Joe? And no. I do not wish to look at a 65 year-old man's birth certificate << it's a joke too.

PS: I am actually excited for it.

Yours sincerely,

Chanhee (USA)

~

1 min later

To: [email protected]

From: [email protected]

(That's nice to hear.. No one has found me interesting before [except my students ugh]) Really? But I think that everyone is special. Including you. Now I'm hurt! We have an interesting friendship!! And I do not like your jokes /inserts pouty face/ , what is happening to me. It's all your fault that I act like a teenage girl now.

PS: I'm happy but I got to go now.. It's 3am here. I promise we will talk soon again.

Yours sincerely,

L.Joe

~

L.Joe grinned to himself as he turned off his computer and got ready for bed. Chanhee was an interesting character to talk to. Much better than the people he dealt with in his life. His real life. His non-virtual life. Being the heir to a large company in Korea brought L.Joe much unhappiness. Controlling parents who never had much time with their only son and a boring future planned out for you. Which includes a clingy fiance who only knew make-up and not ABC or 123. How he wished his fiance was as out-spoken or intelligent as Chanhee was.. How he wished..

 

A/N: HERE IS AN UPDATE! I'm honestly very excited about this story and thank you for waiting patiently <3 ooh here comes an attached L.Joe heh. Alright thank you once again and SUBSCRIBE. COMMENT. ENJOY.