01 Jekyll and Hyde

Jekyll and Hyde.

 

“Get out!” the tall, broad figure roared at his as he slammed his hand against the wall, furious and outraged.  
“Why are you being like this?!" Kyungri retorted back as tears raced down her plump cheeks, stinging her skin as if the liquid that were formed by her eyes were acid. 
 
Suddenly, a very small, faint figure appeared on Ken's shoulder, not actually visible to the two existing figures. Hyde, the miniature spirit was dark-red, had a long tail and held a stick with horns sticking upwards; technically looking like a mini devil. Hyde comfortably sat on Ken's shoulder as Ken continued to throw insults and curse at Kyungri's face. Hyde chuckled as he watched Ken, controlling him, and Kyungri argue - pleasure to his ears and eyes.
 
“I don't want to see you, just get out! Kyungri I swear I will slap you if you don't get out in 5 seconds.” Ken threatened as he turned thenopposite way Kyungri was facing; turning his back to her, not appreciating her presence. 
 
“Ken, please...” Kyungri whimpered as she walked towards Ken and held her hands against his broad back, feeling his body heave up and down due to his heavy breathing. Hyde chuckled then with a click of his fingers, Ken twisted around and threw a slap in Kyungri's face.
 
Shock struck her; with widened eyes, her breathing suddenly hitched, she slowly brought a hand up to the cheek that was just abused by her boyfriend. J-jerk.. She thought to herself. Kyungri reluctantly faced the door, walked towards it before opening the door and left Ken. J-jerk.. She repeated her tormenting thoughts. 
 
Ken sinked to his knees, regaining himself and breath. What's going on.. He thought to himself, oblivious pf Hyde, that small inexisting figure on his shoulder, mischievously chuckling. 
“Hey Ken, good job buddy.” He lasted wished Ken then disappeared in the thin air, resulting with Ken quickly facing the way Hyde vanished as if he heard something. Then Kn shook his head and turned around to read the clock.
“Oh... It's 2am, I should sleep." Ken rubbed his temples as he walked towards his room, that he shared with Kyungri, ignorant of her right now, before falling into bed, feeling exhausted and drifting off to sleep. 
 
————————————————————————
————
 
The whistling of the trees broke the anger tension between the two figures, standing under the moon's blanket of light, in a park. Ken took another step towards Kyungri as she kept her glaze locked on Ken's eyes and furrowed her eyebrows as she quickly recalled the encounter of last night's argument. 
 
“Kyungri..." Ken, barely audible, breathed as he held up a hand to caress her face but she backed away from him by a step. Still glazing at him, only able to hear the sound of bats fluttering, from tree to tree, in the gloomy night sky. 
 
Kyungri, please listen.” Ken softly pleaded. Kyungri softened at the way Ken's eyes glistened by tears. 
“There's no way I said those words, no way I would leave you. Don't give me those scared eyes. I'm not a bad person, I love y-"
“Stop,” a heavy exhale cut Ken off, “you cursed at me, you yelled at me, threw insults in my face, threatened me and even abuse me.” Kyungri's eyes started to tear again. “I don't want to endure this anymore. Please Ken, let's stop it here-”
“NO!” Ken yelled desperately but Kyungri had already started backing away from him. 
“Kyungri!” He was able to grab a hold of her wrist and spun her around so she was facing him.
 
Suddenly, teo miniature figures appeared on Ken's shoulders, just not visible to Kyungri and Ken. 
“Isn't this beautiful? It's so fun controlling Ken like that.” Hyde once again chuckled at his so-called-genius-plans.
“You're a jerk.” Jekyll, the other bright glowing mini figure, spat in disgust and shook his head. 
 
“Kyungri, I'm both Hyde and Jekyll, please don't run away from me. I can't control it. I'm sorry. The devil you saw last night was not me, I don't remember myself, I think I'm crazy.” Ken breathed heavily. “There's a different person that's inside of me. Please believe me, these words may seem like excuses but baby believe me, with you, it's suffocating.”
 
Kyungri stood still, consuming all the words Ken had just sad. Ken sinked down to his knees, exhausted and desperate. 
Please Kyungri. I'm sorry. Notice these eyes that ask for forgiveness. I'm tired. You are the source of my happiness. Without you, *otteokaji?” He bit his lower lip to prevent a sob, failed and released a sob.
 
I'm sorry, Ken... She blinked off tears before walking away from the person who kneed the grass as chest pains hit her.
 
Ken remained still.
I can taste the blood my heart cries.”
 
*otteokaji means What do I do/What can I do?