Confessions

Like A Movie [映画のような]

 

It's been four days since the filming started. Maki was already trying to sleep since the next day will be a day for filming as well. But she couldn't sleep, she was just lying on her bed. The lights were off and she was holding her phone with her right hand. It was already 10PM. She was waiting for her phone to light up and ring but she wasn't expecting anything. She sighed and turned to the other side. Then her phone lit up and rang. She opened her phone without looking at the caller's name. She didn't speak when she heard a man's soft voice.

"Maki.." He said. "Are you there?" He sounded like he was crying.

"Pi?" She sat up.

"Maki.." He sniffed.

"Are you drunk again?" She asked.

"Maki.. I need to see you." Maki stood up without thinking. She got her coat and car keys.

"I'll go there right now."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was 11:30 when she got to his building. She started knocking on his door. He didn't answer. Maki tried to turn the doorknob and it was unlocked. She opened the door. "Pi?" She walked in slowly. Then she saw him seated on the floor with his back leaned against his bed. His eyes were closed. Cans of beer were scattered across the floor, empty. His phone was held by his right hand and another can of beer, half-empty, with his left hand. Maki went closer to him and half knelt beside him. She checked his forehead, thinking that he might have been sick again. But apparently, it didn't seem so.

When Maki removed her hand from his head, Yamapi grabbed her hand with his right hand. His eyes were already opened. Maki looked at him as he slowly tightened his grip on her hand.

"It hurts.." Maki was trying to remove her hand from his. After sometime, Yamapi became weak and finally let go of her hand. He closed his eyes once again. Maki looked at his eyes. "What's wrong?"

"You.." He said. Maki was just waiting for him to continue his sentence. Then he pointed to the table. Maki stood up and went towards it. She saw an opened newspaper. It was opened on a certain page where a certain article was there.

[Confirmed: Ikuta Toma and Horikita Maki are going out.]

"What is this?" Maki held the paper closer to her face and read the article. "Ikuta Toma, himself, says that he and Horikita Maki, a newcomer in the entertainment industry, are dating. Horikita will start her acting career with a movie directed by Sakurai Sho and she will be co-starred with her boyfriend, Ikuta..." She put down the newspaper and looked at Yamapi who was just looking at her. "I can't believe this!" She said.

"I know." 

"I can't believe they spoiled that I'm gonna be in that movie with Toma-kun!" She complained.

"What? That's not what I meant, baka." Yamapi said.

"Huh? What do you mean?" Maki went towards him and sat beside him. Yamapi looked down.

"I can't believe you and Ikuta are going out now.." He softly said but Maki heard. She stared at him.

"We're not going out." Yamapi looked up and looked at her. "We're just acting that we are a couple.. So in short, it's not real. It's just for the ratings of the movie.." Yamapi remained silent as he absorbed her words inside his head. Maki laughed. "Don't tell me you were jealous, weren't you?"

"I am jealous." Yamapi immediately answered right after the question. Maki looked at him then looked away. She remembered he was drunk. "I don't care if you think I'm drunk.." He said which made Maki think, is he reading my mind..? "Maki.." She looked at him. "I like-" He coughed. Maki tried to stand up to get him a glass of water but Yamapi grabbed her arm and pulled her.

Their lips touched. Maki didn’t know what exactly was happening or how she was even supposed to react. After around five seconds, Yamapi broke the kiss and leaned back. He looked at Maki whose jaw was dropped because of the kiss. He whispered, “I love you.” Maki slapped him.

“You ARE drunk, aren’t you?!”

“That just means I’m being honest with my true feelings, okay!” He tightened the grip on her arm. Maki became silent. She slowly looked at Yamapi’s eyes which were staring right at hers.

“Is it really true..?” She hesitantly asked.

“Yeah. Ever since we were 6..” Yamapi hugged her. Maki couldn’t believe what she was hearing. She managed to let out a soft voice.

“Me too.” A tear fell from her eye and hugged him tighter. Yamapi let go and looked at her, thinking that it was unbelievable. Maki smiled as tears were streaming down her red cheeks. Yamapi wiped her tears and held her soft cheeks. They kissed again for a few seconds and smiled. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TO BE CONTINUED.

HERE IT IS!! >.< Haha okay, so while I was writing this, I kept squealing. I'm sorry if I made you guys too excited. XD This is THE chapter with Yamaki. <3 There shall be more chapters with them but yeah, this is where they confess their love to each other. <3 

So. Anyway. I hope you guys liked this chapter.. ? ^__^ I'll try to update as soon as possible. :")