5,000 Paper Stars (One-Shot)

Description

5,000 Paper Stars (One-Shot) [Completed]

Hi there. This is a one-shot that I wrote in about 2 days (by hand which is something I HATE doing) earlier this week during this super huge power outage that had hit my area after a storm that left me without electricity for about 3 days. I literally had NOTHING to do so my sister and I decided to write for each other. And while I was laying on my floor trying not to die from boredom and being overheated, this came into my mind. Ironically enough, my sister still has yet to read this, but I typed it up and decided to post it on here. I may or may not end up turning this into a full length story later on, but it depends. I probably won't or if I do, I'll switch it around a lot. It's sorta strangely written cause I was experimenting with a new writing style and honestly, I feel that it is basically just crack, but I'll leave that up to you to decide.

Foreword

Hi there. This is a one-shot that I wrote in about 2 days (by hand which is something I HATE doing) earlier this week during this super huge power outage that had hit my area after a storm that left me without electricity for about 3 days. I literally had NOTHING to do so my sister and I decided to write for each other. And while I was laying on my floor trying not to die from boredom and being overheated, this came into my mind. Ironically enough, my sister still has yet to read this, but I typed it up and decided to post it on here. I may or may not end up turning this into a full length story later on, but it depends. I probably won't or if I do, I'll switch it around a lot. It's sorta strangely written cause I was experimenting with a new writing style and honestly, I feel that it is basically just crack, but I'll leave that up to you to decide.

Oh and this ---> * denotes the start of a flashback and this ---->** denotes the end of a flashback. Just keep that in mind.

Intro:

*
“Oppa!” she giggled, “You’re doing it wrong again!”
Donghae made a face at his sister

“I am not,” he laughed.

“Yes, you are! It’s gonna be all ugly and deformed again!”
“Pah! You’re just jealous that the last one I made was better than yours.”

“Nuh uh.” Hannah held up the star that she had previously finished folding. It was tiny and pink and utterly perfect.

“See?” She said, “It’s better than yours!” She placed it in the growing pile between the two of them. Donghae stuck his tongue out at her and placed his own, far from perfect star into the pile.

“How many does that make now?” He asked her.

“300.” Hannah reached in to the bag and withdrew another strip of paper.

“Still a long way to 5,000.” Donghae smiled. “You sure you want to go through with this?”

“Of course, Oppa.” Hannah nodded matter of factly, her blue knit cap covered head bobbing in the moonlight. It wasn’t raining tonight and the crescent moon glowed brightly in the late night sky, it’s ghostly reflection glinting in the water. “You can easily wish on one star, that’s simple. But you won’t know if it will come true. 5,000 stars mean that your wish will come true. Then you have to throw them in the river so that your wish can be heard. They have to travel to the right person- the person who can grant your wish. Then you can get whatever you want”

Donghae chuckled at her logic. “What’s that wish again?”
“Oh my God, Oppa, I tell you every time!” Hannah rolled her eyes at him.

“I know.” He finished another star and put it in the pile. “I just want to hear it again.”

Hannah laughed and poked his side.

“I want to get better,” she said, not looking up from her folding, “I want to get well enough so that I can go home. So that I can live with you. And we can be together again. We can be a real family.”

Donghae looked over at the water. It was calm and the current was slow and barely moving.

“I want that too,” He murmured, “I want that more than anything.”

“Then keep folding, babo!’ Hannah said, “5,000 stars means your wish will come true.”

**

Oh and thanks to Kaila at Vanilla Sky for my graphic!