Chapter 1

Will You Be Mine? :)

“Hi”. Just a merely a simple “hi” changed my entire day. I was longing for his voice saying this to me. I flashed back a smile and quickly ran away from him. Of course, he was just my crush, not more than that. I was thinking about that incident when suddenly a hand pushed me towards the hard wall. Pain engulfed me. As I looked up to see who the person was, it appeared to be his girlfriend, Sulli. “Don’t think about snatching away. Please, look yourself in the mirror and think what is your status…” Yes, I was just a normal girl from Gwangju while she was the heiress of some kind of big company in Seoul which I had no idea about it. “Hey! Are you listening to me?! I am giving you the last warning, stop talking to Chanyeol or else, you won’t have a nice day here!” She stomped off with her Jimmy Choo high heels, leaving me with the air filled with her some kind of famous perfume according to her. I shook my head and walked back to my classroom. He was there, sitting at my table.I was puzzled and sat at my table but far away from him, of course. This was the only class I had with him which was Maths. “You….from Gwangju?” I was shocked upon hearing question. He laughed when he saw my quizzical face and said “It is written on the paper.” I looked at the paper and was written on the paper of the students’ names and hometown. He was from Incheon. “That’s a nice place…” I blurted out while pointing out towards the word “Incheon”. He nodded in agreement and exclaimed that Incheon was the best place he had ever lived in his whole life. “Wanna go there with me this weekend?”

 This question startled me until my pen dropped out from my hand. He looked surprised with my reaction and apologized if he had scared me. I quickly shook my head and agreed to follow him with shyness enveloping me. He was beaming and smiled as if he had struck a jackpot. Mrs. Kim said that the person who was sitting the same table with us will be partners in any projects throughout the year. Wow! This was the best news I had heard for the day. Chanyeol will be my project partner throughout the year. He held out his hand and said “I hope we can be great project partners. All the best for the both of us!” His soft tender fingers wrapped my palm somehow sent me shivers down my spine. Somehow, I like this feeling. ‘Kriiiiing!’ The school bell rang its head off to indicate the end of the lesson. I quickly packed my things up and left the classroom.

“Seuk Hye, there is a new class opened and I think you should join it,” my best friend, Kaeun exclaimed while expressing it with full determination. Kaeun was my friend since I first came to this school, Seoul High. “So, what class is that?” “It’s English Literature! I heard that they will be emphasizing on Romeo and Juliet and there will be a play on it.” This sentence made me so happy because I love Romeo and Juliet as it was one of my favourite classical stories besides Little Women. Kaeun and I went to the registration place and guess who I saw?

Sulli pulling Chanyeol’s hand and squealing how wonderful it would be if both of them were in the same class again. They had four classes together! How lucky! Realizing my presence, Sulli rolled her eyes and mumbled to her best friends, how unashamed was I. Without Sulli actually realizing, Chanyeol was staring at me. His dazzling eyes stared back at me unblinkingly. The whole world seemed to be totally hushed and as if just the both of us were at the hall. Slowly, I saw a slight smile curved on his lips.

 Before I flashed a smile back to him, Sulli pulled Chanyeol into the classroom. Without thinking any longer, I enrolled myself into the class. I realized Kaeun was staring at me with suspicion and before any words leaked out from , I quickly said “Not because of him!” (Actually, part of my heart does!) When I entered the class, Sulli and her friends were disgusted to look at me as if I was wearing the world’s worst dress. I quickly find a place to sit.

There was a guy sitting at the same table with me. Brunette, fair-skinned and looked smart. These were the three words that I could describe him but I got no idea who he was. He was wearing a black leathered jacket, jeans and a striking black Dr. Dre beats covering his ears. He was actually closing his eyes and hitting the table to the tempo of a song that I never heard of. Quite nice actually but he was too quiet and seemed that he isolated himself as we were sitting at the corner and last row of the class. While I was trying to figure out how to acknowledge him, he was staring at me and said something that made my heart skipped a beat.

“Who do you think you are, sitting beside me?” His bloodshot eyes shot back at me like flying daggers. Unexpectedly, he was laughing until his tears flowing out. I was baffled with his action. After a few seconds of laughing, he calmed himself down and told me that he was joking around as he was bored. He stuck out his hand and introduced himself as Sehun. That was the moment when I first met him.