1/1

Pleine Lune
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Lee Tae—?”

“Ye.” I yelled as I raised my hand. I notice that it was yelled by two people. Everybody let out silent laughed. I looked at my back; I saw her raising her right hand too. We stared at each other for about few seconds. Then I shifted my stare back at our adviser. He breathed deeply and continued, “Lee Tae Eun.” I felt embarrassed and slowly lowered my hand.
­
He read his check list and called out, “Lee Taemin.”

“Ne.” I answered with a low tone. I don’t want to shout coz I might get embarrassed again. Seonsaengnimclosed his notebook and started to face the black board and write his lesson. The class began.

---


“Talk to you later.” I said, as I tapped Choi Minho’s back. I entered our classroom and was surprised to see Tae Eun sitting on MY chair, looking at the window, holding her iPod on her hand and lastly she’s ALONE inside our classroom. She looked at my direction and back to the window.

“Don’t you find it annoying sometimes?” She asked.

“Excuse me?” I said as I got puzzled by her sudden question.

“I mean. I know there are lots of students here with Lee as a surname but, two LEE’s in one class, studying at the same school, living on the same village and having the first name, but we never uttered a word to each other.”

She’s right. We’ve known each other since diapers. But we NEVER talked. We just looked at each other, and that’s it. “No, I think it’s more of coincidence.” I laugh breathlessly, she smiled. Honestly, I’m quite nervous right now. It’s my first time to have a long—uh. I’m sure if this conversation will be that long—with her.

“Yeah… Coincidence… Twist of fate...” She answered. “Let’s be friends.” She added. Wow! That’s… surprising. Though I liked it, cause… ever since junior high, I began to like her. Nobody knows that, except for me. I keep secrets within myself ONLY. It’s not that I don’t trust other people; it’s just that, I’m afraid I might spill it out on the wrong person.

“Taemin-ssi? Are you okay?” She questioned me again, waving her hands in front of me. Ugh. I’m thinking too much, that I forgot the girl I like is here with me, asking to be her friend.

“I’d love to.” I answered. Then she smiled. I sat in front of her. Wow! This is the best sight ever, seeing her face closely and clearly.

---

And that’s where our friendship started to bloom; sometimes I would hang out, together with her friends and vice versa.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every day, Tae Eun would drop by in front of my house and we would go to school and go home together. I would drive my bike, and she sat on the back. We’re like inseparable twosome. Until that fateful Monday, the previous Monday (cause it’s Friday today) Go Ji Yun from class 3-D asked me to tutor her on math. Of course, I helped her. Everyday starting that historic day, we would go to her house at her room and

.

.

.

.

It’s not what you think. But… she tried to kiss me once, I was kind of terrified, so I refused. I mean she’s attractive, everyone knows that. But that time, I suddenly thought of Tae Eun. We promised that we would go home always together. Yet for the past four days, I kept on ditching her. I don’t even have the face to talk to her inside the classroom neither on the village. She always tried to confront me, but I kept on walking away whenever she attempted to get closer to me. I feel sorry for her, but I feel sorrier to myself. I don’t know why I’m talking like this.

I walked on the hallway; I passed our classroom and glanced at it. For a split second, I saw her sitting on my chair. Her hands were on her face, elbow on the desk. Then I looked down and continued to walk.

“Hey… Taeminnie! What happened to you? I'm waiting for you the whole time!” She shouted, my heart started to pound. I looked back, I saw her standing there.

“I-I’m sorry. Minho has invited me… to… some….” Crap. What did I just say?

“Taemin… see you later again, okay?” Suddenly another voice came in. It was Ji Yun-ssi. Tae Eun looked at her. I turned around. Ji Yun smiled at us and wiggled her fingers in front of me and say, “Bye.”

“Wow… so Minho-ssi  turns into a girl now…” She sighed and nodded her head slowly for about two times.

“Wait. I have to explain thi---”

“It’s okay. I get the picture. You and Ji Yun-ssi  were seeing each other behind my back…” She walked closer to me, and then she shook her head. “I mean, that’s the reason why you kept on ignoring me and made me wait the whole time…”

“Tae---”

“It’s okay Taemin. You don’t have to need to explain.” She looked sad. My fault. A little pain stabbed my heart. She turned around and started to walked. “All you h-have t-to do is to ask…. If you want me to stay away, it’s not a big d-deal. Instead of making me wait like stupid.”

Then she runaway.

---

I knock three times on Ji Yun’s door. She opened it; I enter. Her pinkish room suddenly turned gloomy. She sat on her bed, and I just stood there. She taps the futon, asking me to sit down and I did. Ji Yun knew everything, about how I feel Tae Eun. I told her during the terrifying days of ours.

“Uh… Ji Yun-ssi…. Uh… I think, today is the last day… I’m going to help you.”

“It’s okay.. Uhm.. I’m sorry, for what happen earlier… I think Tae Eun misunderstood everything.” She said calmly as she placed her hand above mine. I didn’t answer. “I know now!”

“What?” I asked. I wanted to sniffed, though there weren’t any tears.

“I’m sure; you want to gain her trust again… Here’s what you going to do…”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------


I looked on my wrist watch. 8:30. I’m doom. At least, my rose isn’t ruined. I ran towards my classroom on the third level. Fortunately, no one’s on the hallway or else I might bump them and I won’t get the chance to say sorry.

I stopped. I’m already outside my classroom. I slid the door and bang it to the wall. All of the people shrugged. Even

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter