The Novel

Latte Couple
The Novel.
 
[Sujin's POV]
Following him in the bookstore was part of my plan. I found the right guy to hook up with Hyeri, because I think she should find a new guy. Besides, she needs to be happy.
 
So there I go. I was following him to the bookstore. I did taking some pictures of him. It was all went smooth until I bumped to someone.
“Uh-oh, sorry!” he said. “Aren’t you one of our customers?”
Whoa, how did he know me? I didn’t even get to see him.
“Ah yes” I smiled, my reaction to his cute face. “and you are?”
“Byun Baekhyun, but you can call me Baekhyun” he smiled back.
Baekhyun? Wait…
He was unrecognizable at first. Then, I remembered of the First Class’s employees. He’s the pattisier in the café. The research, this is something I can’t underrestimate. So, Luhan’s not alone.
“I’m Yoon Sujin” I said. “Such a coincidence. The two of us meet in this bookstore”
Baekhyun was about to say something when his friend called him. I realized I was casted under his cute spell. What am I doing? I shouldn’t talk to him! He would know if I did!
Now that I did, I watched Baekhyun turned and approaching his friend, as I stepped back and ran away from the bookstore.
Ugh, so close!

 

[Luhan’s POV]

 

“You really had the right timing to take my time with her, Sehuna” Baekhyun said with a poker face. Sehun and I giggled. Did he just say a ‘girl’?

 

“Really, hyung?” Sehun furrowed his eyebrows. “Well if its that, I guess its not too wrong for me. Tell me hyung, why didn’t you introduce her to us?”

 

“Yeah, Baek” I laughed. “Its the first time we saw you like this. Is that true? You seemed pissed off about us. What are we in here? ers?”

 

“Whatever, hyung” Baekhyun laughed fakely. “Then what about you? Still going undercover, using Kai’s name for a girl you just fell into? Funnier than mine”

 

“Hey, hey, we better stop, alright?” Sehun stopped us. He checked on his phone and his expression changed in a second. “We better get back before the leader’s head got boiled. Or, maybe you can find me a girl around here”

 

“In your dreams!” Baekhyun and I said in unison as we both slapped his head.

 

I never saw Baekhyun going to a girl. Very funny.

 

<<<<<<>>>>>> 

 

Everything that happened when Park Hyeri came, it made me feel guilty. I kept staring at the door, waiting for her to come back. I tried to read and re-read the questionnaire but nothing suspicious.  For God’s sake, when will she come??

 

Then I looked again to the novel. Winter Love. I have to buy it secretly from the bookstore. But one thing you should know, I promised myself to never read novels. I mean, what is good from novels? But that Park Hyeri, she made me buy a novel.

 

I opened up a book, scribbling to a random page and looked to the novel.

 

Do you know that you feel stupid when you fall in love?

 

I walked back to home. He’s there again. Standing tall as always. The wind blew his hair, and for the first time, he looked handsome in my eyes. His sharp face features surely can’t be a doubt. Even if it is winter, he didn’t care about it. But his expression. His expression, indescribable, but hit on my heart.

 

I walked closer as I took a closer look of his face. I dared myself to say my words.

 

“Aren’t you afraid of being cold?”

 

He turned and smiled. Warmth, why I can’t find any warmth on his smile?

 

“Ya, hyung!”

 

I quickly closed my book and found Kai who’s offering another bubble tea. He chuckled. I didn’t knew that I was being watched by him.

 

“Reading novels isn’t your thing you know?” Kai smiled.

 

“So what if I’m reading it?” I glared at him. Then the bell ringed, followed by footsteps of the customers who came in. Kai’s eyes widened and so am I.

 

“Isn’t that the ones who came to the cafe a few days ago?” Kai asked. “The one you were recognized as me?”

 

“Kai, please...” I straightened my face. “At least I didn’t hit you for borrowing my apron. Mistaken for someone else, especially you, its really bad”

 

“Alright, hyung” Kai shushed me, putting his finger on my lip. “Look, all we have to do is to get everything straight to her face”

 

I glared to him for that, but another sound came, joining us.

 

“I think that’s pretty straight” 

 

We looked out to the girl. No, its not Hyeri. Its her friend.

 

Whom I forgot her name.

“Do you always like that?” she asked.

 

“What? No!” Kai pushed me. “Yah, you made her think that we’re gay!”

 

“Its not that I wanted to expose this but...” she said. “I think its pretty straight enough for me”

 

“Please don’t take this too deep” Kai apologized. “We, um, we’re not gay! We’re straight! Really!”

 

“I know, alright?” she smiled, convincing us. “I don’t think you’re gay. Because if you do, my friend right there, you wouldn’t fall for her”

 

Kai smirked, knowing the story. Of course, rumors between the boys are always spreaded fast in First Class. “Aigoo, you’re right” he nodded in agreement. “So that’s the girl Suho-hyung talked about”

 

“You talked as if you’re attracted to her” I said. Kai glared at me. “You looked to her as if you’re attracted to her” he replied. “And you do, right?”

 

Its embarrassing. I’m not even attracted to her. Okay, she’s pretty and made me curious, but people are mistaken! First, for recognizing me as Kai, who was known as a player in his campus (that’s what he told me). And second, for mistaken my feelings!

 

Worst, is that her friend was in front of me, listening to every word, and I felt that the cat ears suddenly appeared from her head. No, scratch that. Probably devil’s horn. And devil’s tail too. I don’t have a good feeling about this.

 

“I would accept if you’re willing to get her” she smiled. “And next time, don’t use your friend’s apron”

 

Kai and I widened our eyes as we looked to each other. Okay...

 

“Duh, I’m not stupid” she said. “Oh yeah, and I want one espresso with whip cream and one caramel latte for Hyeri”

 

“So her name’s Hyeri?” Kai asked. He glanced to my novel on the table and looked to the name. “Heokshi... the one who wrote this?”

 

“What?” I widened my eyes. She giggled and took the book.

 

“I can guarantee you get her autograph” she smiled.

 

“What? No!” I wanted to take back the book but she didn’t returned it. Worse, she’s giving it to Park Hyeri. Oh God.

 

Park Hyeri looked to me and she smiled. Those round eyes, those perfectly thin cheeks, and her hair was laid down.

 

Beautiful.

 

She turned back and I turned back as well. Why am I studying her face? But she’s also pretty as well... What am I thinking? Worse, she signed it. Her expression looked a bit... happy.

 

“Now that she signed it” Kai also watched the situation. “Why don’t you make a latte for her? Its good to give her a return gift”

I sighed and tried to make the orders. Its not that I worried about the book.

 

It is something that I left for her in the book.

 

<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>> 

 

[Hyeri’s POV]

 

“Someone wants your sign!”

 

I startled at Sujin’s sudden call. She gave the book with that child-like expression. Also, she brought a plate of cake. I took the book and signed it. “Who is it this time?”

 

“One of The First Class boys!” she chirped happily. “You see that? He’s looking at you!”

 

I followed Sujin’s gaze. I fell to his gaze. Those chocolate eyes, that bleached blonde hair, that doe eyes....

 

Beautiful.

 

Then I looked to his name plate. Luhan.e He

 

“So, he’s not Kai...” I mumbled.

 

“What did you say?” Sujin suspected. I shook my head. “So, he’s not gay?” I asked. It would be bad if I said nothing, because this girl is good at sniffing untold truth.

 

“Of course not!” Sujin laughed. “Although he looked kind of it”

 

I chuckled as I signed the book. But I found something else. A yellow sticknote was there, showing numbers.

 

12, 34, 77, 56, 108, 237.

 

Why is he giving me these weird codes?

 

I scribbled to the pages and found some circled words from the numbers that shown in the sticknote. Then I tried to write them.

 

I’m sorry for lying to you.

 

I smiled. Such a unique way to say sorry. I like this guy. I wrote my reply, couldn’t hide my smile.

 

No problem.

Then suddenly,  the bell ringed. Someone barged in as I watched a girl went to Luhan.

 

“Oh, she’s so pretty” Sujin said. I looked to her. “You never said that to other girls” I said. She giggled. “I have my own reasons” she said. “But what do you think? She’s pretty, right?”

 

Well, her face is. But her hair... and I don’t think that’s a real beauty.

 

“Yeah she is...” I nodded. “Why is she clinging on Luhan anyway?”

 

“Well, you are prettier, after I take a second look on her” Sujin smiled.

 

“Yah, don’t combine her with me” I protested. Then I looked out to the cake. Weird, its not my order anyway. “And Yoon Sujin, why the hell you ordered a cake?” I asked.

 

“What’s wrong with that?” Sujin asked. “Its not wrong for buying a cake!”

 

“In your dictionary, yes” I glared. “Are you even sure of that? Because you’re eating gluten. Aspartame. Sorbitol. Saccharine. Or whatever it is”

 

“In all of sudden, uri Hyeri seemed so care about it” Sujin narrowed her eyes. “Look. Sometimes you gotta give your body a break. Unlike that blondie, I’m sure she’s scared of sugar that she’s going to be fat with a single gram of it”

 

“Excuse me?”

 

We turned. It was that blonde girl. Her face looked pissed off.

 

“I’m not stupid for getting any insults that was sent for me, but I’m disgusted for that” she said in a flat tone. “You have to be grateful because you have a great body, but you’re wasting it by eating cakes”

 

“I don’t care” Sujin replied. “Its me who ate the cake, not you”

 

“You seems like the new customers” she said. “I’ve been observing First Class these days, and the boys liked you guys so much...”

 

“What? You’re jealous?” Sujin asked. “You made that sounded wrong, girl”

 

“Well, I’m not” that blonde girl said it with arrogance. “Why would I jealous?”

 

“Because maybe my friend over here might take the guy you’ve been clinging on” Sujin smiled. “You asked the wrong question. You even argued with the wrong girl”

 

“Sujin, stop it” I nudged her arm. The blonde girl looked to me.

 

“Listen, Sujin’s friend” she said. “Tell this hothead to shut or I will–”

 

“Stop it, Alice” a voice called her. It was Luhan.

 

Lucky, the cafe was not full with customers. I sighed and looked to Luhan, who’s talking to ‘Alice’ in voices I and Sujin can’t hear.

 

“I’m sorry about her” Luhan said. “My friend right there is a hothead sometimes. And... can I have my novel back?”

 

“Sure” I gave him back the novel. "Are you sure she's alright?"

"Maybe" Luhan smiled. "Tell me if she's bothering you again"

He was so kind. Surely a nice guy who just want to be my friend. But, there's always a perfect er.

"I feel like I'm watching a movie of you, Hyeri" Sujin smirked and I hit her head.

 

Maybe befriending Luhan wasn't that bad at all.

 

 


A/N:

sorry for the looong wait :( got a lot of work to do.

More Alice on the next chap! Stay tuned!