Short Glimpse

My Guy
The roaring noise from the door woke me up as it was slammed against the wall. My eyes slowly began to open with a bit of struggle. As you can tell, I was not a morning person and never will be.

"Yoon Eun Hye! Aren't you even going to attend class?" That was my roommate, the total opposite of me but we somehow managed to get along. She threw her books onto my bed which made me hop out of bed, those books can definitely become weapons if you're not careful at who and where you're aiming them at.

"I'm going.. I'm still early.. I don't know how you even want morning classes." I replied back as I squeezed out the mint flavor toothpaste onto my toothbrush.

"Hey I rather get it over with early than have it late, people have plans you know," she said as she opened up her laptop, "plus I have a date tonight." She said with a grin but the look on her face just told me that she wanted it to be successful. Oh my hopeless romantic roommate Park Shin Hye -- I only pray that you will find the right man to fit your perfect life. Park Shin Hye is someone who I have grown close to, as pretty as she may be, she had the heart of a saint. She's had her share of bad men in her life but she never lets anything get in her way, that's what I simply love about her. She's determined.

I quickly rinsed my mouth and washed my face and without even glaring at what I was wearing I just grabbed the materials that I needed for my class and headed out of the dorm building. This is college, I don't need to dress up to impress anyone... actually I would be the last person doing so. Don't get me wrong about not dressing up, it's just that I am the type of person who cannot sit still unless I am very comfortable in what I am wearing in other words as what my friends would call it: Being a scrub.

Is that the smell of heaven? No, just the smell of the Starbucks that has been installed by the school dining hall. Oh they just know my weakness! I must resist the smell of the Caramel Frappuccino! I am not going to lie but this is the reason why I would be late for class.. it's true.. I have been Starbucks clean for two weeks now. Pacing myself ahead I was able to avoid the Starbucks counter and continue on my way to class: Psychology. It was a required class for all nursing students or all Freshmen -- an unavoidable class, I dread it.

Oh crap! The door is not opened... I peered through the tiny window and saw most of the seats filled up, I must be late. This does not even surprise me anymore, the fact that I'm always late.

I the doorknob but it was locked, I knocked twice on the wooden door just hoping that my professor would pity me enough to come open it.

I was right, she did pity me, "Mrs. Lee, I have a very good explanation why I am late." As I tried to explain, while trying to move into the auditorium but Mrs. Lee held her ground and did not move an inch.

"What may your explanation be this time? Amuse me. Better yet, don't even bother telling me. Save it for someone else. I have a class to teach for people who actually are willing to come to my class on time." Mrs. Lee closed the door and there I was left out of that room feeling like a child who didn't get any ice cream from the ice cream man. So much for thinking she would pity me.

Great. What do I even do now? If I go back to my room I know I'll get a long lecture from Shin Hye, she's always the one telling me that I should wake up earlier and not stay up so late. It's not my fault that I am nocturnal, although I sure feel like it.

I checked the clock plastered up on the wall. It was only 11:15. Class didn't even end until 1. I guess getting myself a cup of Caramel Frappuccino would not be so bad after all right now.

Yes! There is no line, just a few people in front of me. Just then a sudden rush and urge of feeling like my bladder was about to explode came to me. I tapped the person in front of me, "Could you hold my spot for me?" I said in such a squeaky tone as I tried to hold myself together before I leaked out like a waterfall.

"Sure." Says the woman in front of me, I handed her my books to carry and I dashed towards the restroom.

I FEEL SO RELIEVED! Didn't think I would even make it in time! I quickly got out of the stall and hurried along to get my spot back but hey, who in the world --

"You skipped me." I pointed out trying to get my spot in line back, I grabbed my books back from the woman in front of me who was not even good at holding my spot for me.

"Technically you were not in line nor were you physically here." He says, not even bothering to look down at me.

"It was an emergency and I told her to watch my spot for me." Pointing to the woman in front of me while giving her a nasty look from behind.

"That's not my problem you can get back in line," This time he looked down at me and pointed towards the back with his index finger. There was four people behind him and I am not going back to the line, "hey I know you can back skip me." He says with a little chuckle and as I looked back the person right behind him stepped up making sure I would not be able to skip her either. Just perfect.

"Why won't you just let me get my original spot and call it a day, don't make it any more troublesome for yourself and these people here." I sound a bit convincing don't I?

"That's what I am trying to say here, your original spot was not here. When I got in line you were not here, so therefore you have to get back in line."

I was getting flustered, talking to someone like this would be useless. Was I being immature? Should I just go back to the end of the line? All of this fuss just for a Caramel Frappuccino that would end up giving me a heart attack some day.

"O.K. you win." I said, I didn't even bother getting to the back of the line, instead I just walked away. I can't get mad over silly little things, I am in college now and I should not be behaving this way at all. Fighting with a guy just for a little spot in line.. come on.. who even does that, excluding myself.

I arrived outside and sat on the bench, might as well begin reading and catching up on all my work assignments due in the next following days. Right as I placed the book right by my face a nice cold Caramel Frappuccino was at the corner of my eye.

"Here." It was the same guy from the Starbucks line.

"How did you know I wanted this?" I asked as I grabbed it from his hand and observing it just to make sure it was not poisonous.

"The guy at the counter, he saw you yelling at me and told me that you were a regular there so I asked him what did you always order.. and I don't even get a thanks?" He says as he slided my books down and sat next to me on the bench.

"Yelling? I was not yelling at you! First of all..." I stopped myself before I could go on, "well, thanks.. I am sorry if it seemed like I was yelling." I put on my apologetic voice and took a sip of the luscious, tasty frapp.

"It's fine, well enjoy your drink. You owe me." He says as he gets up.

I nearly choked on my drink.

"Owe you? What do you want?"

"A date." He says.

"Oh what a real class act, is this how you get girls? Bravo." I applauded him in a sarcastic manner.

"Get to know me first. What's your name?"

"Yoon Eun Hye."

"Cool, I'll pick you up then, which dorm building do you live at?" He smiled, he actually looks pretty friendly now but I must not fall for this trick.

"Auburn Hall, the one by the library. Room 208." Why did I sound so eager!? I should not set myself up for heart break, wait I am not even interested in him. This is nothing that I should be getting excited about.

"O.K. see you then at 7 tonight." He begins walking away.

"Hey," I shouted, he turns back to look at me, "I didn't even get your name." I said.

"Kim Sang Bum. 7 O.K.? Be ready." He turns back and continues on his way.

-

Later at 7...

"What should I wear!? I don't know what to wear!" I was in a panic pacing back and forth looking at my clothes then at Shin Hye's clothes.

Shin Hye gave me a weird look and pushes me away from her clothes and grabs out a few items from her closet and basket.

She hands me the clothes, "Try these and stop being so worried, I thought you didn't even like him."

I headed towards the bathroom trying to figure out what in the world did she just give for me to wear, "I don't like him, but I would like to make a nice impression." I said, I held in my breath to make the skirt fit on.

"O.K. how does it look?" I said as I was standing by the bathroom door and turned around in a 360 for Shin Hye to get a better view.

"Looks better on you than it does on me, and don't hold your breath in, it fits you just fine!" Shin Hye says as she slaps my and fixes the skirt and lifts it up a few inches above my knee.

"Hey not too short!" I said as I tried to lower it back down. She raises it back up and tells me to keep it this way, my legs don't look that bad from this view either. I'm ready for this tonight.

There was a knock on our door, Shin Hye peeked through the tiny hole on the door and jumped up and down, "I think it's your date!" She says as she tried to recollect herself to stay calm before opening the door for him.

"This is not a date, we're just getting to know each other." I pushed her aside to open the door. Sang Bum looked at me and a smiled appeared at the corner of his mouth.

"You look amazing." He says as he reached his his hand for me.

"Thanks." Instead of grabbing his hand I just grabbed my purse and stepped out with him, it just felt awkward to be holding hands -- I don't even know him like that. I turned back and saw Shin Hye all smiling and continuing to jump up and down, she gave me a thumbs up... I hope her date goes well too.

"We're gonna have to stop by the ATM, I need to get some cash." Sang Bum says as we got into his car. We headed for the nearest bank, and I waited patiently in the car for him to take out his money. I heard a knock on the window, it was a masked man.. before I could lock the door he pulled me out of the car.

"Give me your money!" He says as he had one hand holding a tight grip to my wrist. What do I do!? I don't want to die yet.. not in this way.

"Here! Take it! Take whatever you need, just spare me please." I handed him my purse, he let go of me and looked through my wallet grabbing out the money I had. He threw all the unnecessary things out of the way onto the cement ground.

Sang Bum ran over and grabbed the masked man away from me and began to deliberately hit him but was soon overpowered by the masked man.

"Yoon Eun Hye." The only thing I heard from the masked man as he stood up, he reached over and grabbed me by my wrist where we ran together which felt like forever until we ended up in an alley. All I could hear was Sang Bum's voice being lost the farther we ran from him.

The masked man pushed me up against the wall, I was sweating, afraid... fearful for my life. We both breathed heavily. He removed my hair away from my face and observed me for a short moment. His eyes were beating down on me, what was going on?

"Let me go!" I demanded, before I could say any more he put his hand over my mouth.

"Yoon Eun Hye. It's me," he took off his mask, he was rather good looking, he looked scared yet brave all at once, "Choi Seung Hyun, do you remember me?" He says trying to catch his breath.

I shook my head and tried to break from from his grip.

"Look at me! Don't you remember?" He says once more holding me even tighter than before.

"Eun Hye!" I looked to my left and it was Sang Bum, he came to rescue me. The stranger who claimed to know me ran off through the alley as Sang Bum got out of his car.

"Are you O.K.?" He says as he grabs my wrist making sure that I was all in one piece.

"Yes, I'm O.K., but that man... he says he knew me." I said as Sang Bum opened the door for me into his car.

"I'm sure he did, crazy lunatics out there these days. Sorry about tonight, I'll make it up to you, get whatever you want.. it's all on me!" Sang Bum says with a smile as we drove off towards the high class restaurant.

As we drove there.. I could not get his name or face out of my mind. Choi Seung Hyun.