One Night Stands

Can't Get Enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
ONE NIGHT STANDS

**

A spotlight was casted right above him; it was scorching hot as sweat slowly trickled down the side of his face. He paid it no heed. Music blaring and the crowd screaming, euphoria surged throughout his veins. It was their final song, their last from the extensively long set they had prepared for tonight. He gulped the lump in his throat. ‘Many came to watch again,’ he thought as his eyes travelled across the tremendously packed club. A smile ghosted his lips. ‘The band’s doing great,’ he then mused. His heart soared with pride. They were slowly reaching their dreams.

He loved singing. He loved performing in front of people. He loved being the center of attention. He loved being under the spotlight. He seriously and tremendously loved it. As conceited as it sounds, he freaking loved it.

‘Just a bit more... we’ll get to the top soon...’ he thought as he started to sing again. He looked around the club; his heart was beating anxiously inside his chest as he saw new faces in the crowd. ‘But we still need a little more exposure,’ he added, his grip on the microphone tightening.

A girl then caught his eyes. Long hair, seductive eyes, and a beautiful body – she was attractive to be quite honest. ‘And hot,’ he commented as he regarded her closely. She playfully winked at him. He tried to hold back his smirk. It was one of his life’s perk – easily getting girls that is. He was fairly good looking if he was completely honest. Striking features, handsome eyes, and a charming smile, being in a band just made him even more attractive to girls. He was ‘helluva y’ – their words, not his; girls were just too willing to throw themselves at him. In the end, he couldn’t help but become a ladies’ man. So before turning away from the girl, he flirtatiously winked back.

As their performance finally came to an end, he gave himself a moment at the middle of the stage. People were cheering; screaming their names and applauding for their performance, a wide smile then stretched onto his face with his gums slightly showing. He basked in the screams; he basked in the applause; and he basked in the warmth of the spotlight. He definitely loved this kind of life. He definitely loved being in the limelight.

He went down the stage and congratulated his band members for an awesome set yet again. Without waiting much of a reply though, he then swiftly sauntered towards the bar. Alcohol was screaming to him, begging him and pleading to be consumed – so he gladly complied. He was too exhausted to question his cravings to be quite frank.

“Vodka on the rocks, hyung,” he said to the bartender when he finally reached the bar. The latter simply nodded his head and went on preparing his drink. He then slid down onto a vacant seat and finally released a sigh he never knew he was holding.

Now that he wasn’t on stage and was left alone at his own devices, he realized his nerves were quite on edge tonight. There was just a strange feeling bubbling inside of him – a foreboding feeling of some sort, but he just dismissively shrugged it off. ‘I’m just thinking too much,’ he tried convinced himself. The bartender then conveniently served his drink. He gave a grateful nod before knocking the whole drink in one gulp. His throat constricted as the horrid liquid slithered down but he enjoyed the pain nonetheless. The temporary uncomfortable sensation helped with distracting his roaming thoughts.

A throat was then cleared beside him. He lazily glanced to his side thinking it might be someone he knew. His brow slightly raised, his gaze questioning as he stared at the unknown figure standing inches away from him.

It was a lady. Well, she was not an ahjumma or someone incredibly old – she seemed to be the same age as him – but what made her look more mature compared to the others was her strikingly impeccable body-hugging red number. The dress hugged the contours of her body in a seductively tempting way; even her hair and make-up gave a whole seductress vibe. ‘She’s certainly dressed to kill,’ he noted.

“Bang Yongnam?” she asked, a smile stretching her red-tinted lips. Her eyes had a familiar glint which Yongnam immediately recognized. He almost groaned out loud but he quickly stopped himself. The male stared at her, not answering her query while trying so hard to contain his rising anger.  Unfazed with his impassiveness, she bravely walked closer to him, letting her perfume invade his senses. Yongnam almost puked because of its strong fragrance but he held it in. His eyes closely followed her movements as she came closer. She touched his arm, intimately caressing it as if soothing a child, and then smiled up at him again. ‘Her smile’s starting to get really annoying,’ he internally grumbled. “You’re Bang Yongguk’s twin, aren’t you?” she finally asked the question he had been expecting.

A heavy sigh escaped his lips. Another perk in his life – girls coming to him because of his twin, it had become a common thing to Yongnam. Note the sarcasm.

He regarded the girl clinging onto him. She succeeded in catching his attention because of her iness but she should have been more discrete with her real plans. She should have hidden her real intention well for him not to notice. If Yongnam failed to notice, she would have succeeded in getting to his brother. ‘Like in the past,’ he bitterly thought. His lips unconsciously tugged downwards as the memories inconveniently came back to him. He gulped down the bitterness forming in his throat.

Yongnam was about to answer her when he suddenly felt a stinging slap on his back. “I was looking for you!” a voice exclaimed. The singer deemed it was the same person who slapped him on the back. He threw a dark glare towards their band’s drummer who was smiling innocently at him. “Jinyo...” he grounded out the other’s name. The younger male simply waved off the scolding he knew Yongnam would be giving him, he expertly diverted the topic. “Daeho hyung and the others told me – well more of ordered me, to drag you to our table right this instant,” he explained with a firm nod of his head.

The older scrunched up his face in confusion. Of course it would only be natural for them to be in one table and drink together but Daeho knew he liked drinking alone after their performances. Daeho was his best friend after all. So Yongnam’s quite puzzled with their drummer’s words. As if reading the elder’s mind, Jinyo then turned towards the other person with them. He acknowledged her and smiled his flirty smile.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter