The Downside of Family

Like Glass

 

 

As the day went on Hyesung had decided that he need to shower and change into clean clothes. That meant going back to his apartment even if his Faerie stepbrother's were still there. In the light of day, last nights events seemed less frightening. So in the evening Hyesung left Eric's garage.

Still humming Ed Sheeran—which he'd made Eric play more than once—Hyesung trotted up the stairs to his apartment. In the back of his mind he wanted to have Eric come with him but he didn't want to get Eric involved in the whole faerie brother mess. If they were even real that is.

Hyesung's whole body hummed, not just his lips. What happened there? He wondered. Did I really...did Eric really... But he knew the answer to that. Before, when Eric flirted with him, he figured it was just Eric's nature. Despite Eric's reclusive attitude he was quite charming when he wanted to be. This time though Eric hadn't stopped flirting. Eric had teased, tempted—asked him for a kiss. So he had, not once but twice, because the first time had been too awkward that he didn't want to leave a bad impression.

Despite his apprehension, the rest of the day went just like all their days together usually did. Which, looking back on it, wasn't the most exciting way to spend a day. Perhaps he ought to persuade Eric to do something different for a change.

He reached the fourth floor landing and stopped on a dime, much like a deer in headlights. Waiting in front of his door, looking around as if the sheer poverty of the place might infect her, was Miri. Wearing a simple but elegant shirt dress, her hair pulled neatly to one side, she looked a good ten years younger than she was. Where as I, Hyesung thought, rubbing his greasy hands on his jeans, look like trailer trash.

She had made it obvious from the start that she thought he was a dirty unrefined child. He had wanted to like her when she first came with her two daughters. As it turned out she couldn't careless about him other then telling how much he lacked compared to her perfectly polished daughters.

"There you are," Miri said. Her nose wrinkled delicately. "What have you been doing? Rolling in the mud?"

"Working," Hyesung retorted. "You know, that thing you've never done a day in your life."

Hyesung barged past Miri, who moved hastily out of his way. One benefit to being dirty: It meant Miri didn't want to be that close to him. Hyesung opened the apartment door carefully, praying he wasn't about to pay for running out without locking up. Everything was quiet inside though, the living room light still on; nothing looked out of place either. He breathed a sigh of relief and turned back to Miri.

"Why are you here?" Hyesung asked.

"Rude as always," Miri said, tossing her head. She didn't step inside the apartment. "I'm here to find out about your work for Eunji. You promised her you'd be there at end of the month."

"She hasn't paid me for the last time I played at her party." Hyesung argued

"She is a good friend of this family," Miri began, "and you will not—"

"You don't get to tell me what to do!" Hyesung shouted, his control of his temper shattering to pieces. "You're not my mother,  I'm an adult now. If your friend wants me to play at her goddamn party she should pay for the last one. Or have you forgotten that I need all the money I can get, thanks to you."

"It's hardly my fault your father left you nothing." Miri sneered

Hyesung clenched his hands, squeezing until his nails bit into his palms. He wanted to smack the smug look right off Miri's face. Instead he reached out and slammed the door shut. For good measure he locked it too. He didn't want to give her the satisfaction of seeing him lose complete control of his temper and causing a scene.

Miri didn't bother to knock. More than likely she'd just come over to gloat again. Miri had never liked how close Hyesung was with his father. When the will had been read, Miri finally had what she wanted: The favor of a man who'd always seemed to love his son just a little more than her or her daughters

It still stung though that his father had left him with nothing. That he had given that fake women his money and left Hyesung to fend for himself. What his father had seen in Miri he didn't know. She was esthetically pretty but her personality ruined that charming facade.

Hyesung ran his fingers through his hair, then pulled them back, grimacing. "I need a shower."

He discarded his dirty clothes in the hamper. Since he'd had nothing else he'd worn them home, but after the funeral yesterday and all the rain, they were disgusting. Hyesung turned the shower up as hot as he could bear it before stepping beneath the spray. It stung his skin, all that heat, but in a way that comforted him. The steam and hot shower cleared his head, allowing him to think.

Forget Miri and Eunji. He had enough problems with his new stepbrothers on his hands. Granted, until he had proof one way or another whether he'd just imagined them, he couldn't do much about them. But Eric, he thought, closing his eyes. Maybe I can do something about that. Even if Eric didn't want more than , Hyesung thought he could deal with that. It stood a chance of being something good in his life.

After his shower he dried himself off, then slipped into a too large shorts—one he'd swiped from Eric. Though it was still early he crawled into bed. Despite his night on Eric's couch, Hyesung hadn't felt like he'd slept properly in more than a week. Exhaustion settled over him, a heavy weight on his shoulders; he preferred to try sleeping it off.

He didn't know how long he slept for before something stirred him awake. Hyesung peeled his eyes open and peered blearily at the clock on his nightstand. The digital red numbers blurred in his vision. Maybe he'd just been having a dream...

A giggle sounded around him like an echo in a cavern. He sat up, suddenly wide awake. A breeze crept through the room, carrying with it masculine, singsong voices.

"Cinderella, Cinderella."

"All I hear is Cinderella..."

"Knock it off," Minwoo's voice snapped, "before I smack you." "Awww..." Dongwan appeared in a flurry of fluttering, luminescent butterflies. "But that witch last night, she sounded just like Cinderella's evil stepmother."

Glimmering dust swirled, a small tornado. Then Junjin was there, perched on the end of Hyesung's bed. "She is an evil stepmother."

Small firework like bursts of blue, yellow, and red showered down from the ceiling then Andy appeared next to Junjin. Such dramatic entrances. "Poor Cinder-sunggie."

Hyesung stared at them for a moment. Minwoo appeared in the doorway. All four looked more amazing than they had the night before. They wore clinging bodysuits—Junjin, Dongwan, and Andy in gold, silver, and bronze leather, Minwoo in electric blue. Oh, that's nice, Hyesung thought. Just what I need first thing in the morning. A blow to my confidence. He could never achieve a body like theirs toned and muscular.

" off," He muttered, flopping back down on his pillows. He hated being disturbed in the morning.

"That's not very nice," Minwoo said. "Come on, Cinder-sunggie. We've brought you a present."

"How nice do you think I'm gonna be if you keep calling me that?" Hyesung huffed. Curiosity getting the better of him he sat up again to glower at Minwoo—stepbrother? Persistent hallucinations? Junjin's weight making the mattress dip felt real, like before.

Minwoo stepped out of the door. Hyesung scrambled back against the headboard, shocked and breathless, as five men—Faerie men, assuredly—stepped into his bedroom. All of them tall, all of them with skin like bronze and gold, all of them as beautiful as any model he'd ever seen. One of them reminded him of Eric, of his unruly dark hair and his skin, always a warm brown. He pressed hard against the headboard, thinking, What the hell is going on?

"Aren't they lovely?" Minwoo smiled at him wickedly. "We decided you like men more then women. Do you want to pick just one? You can have them all, if you'd like. We can always get women if we were wrong."

"I don't want any of them," Hyesung said firmly. Gorgeous or no, none of them were Eric. "Really. That was very thoughtful of you, but I'm good."

"But you don't even know what they're capable of," Andy pointed out.

"Believe me, you want to know." Dongwan chimed in.

"No, actually, I don't." Hyesung replied.

But they approached the bed, fanning out in a half moon to come at him from all sides. Hyesung couldn't back up any further and there was nowhere to run. When he tried to lunge up off the bed, Andy pushed him back down.

Then the male Faerie were there, climbing onto the bed with him. He kicked out at the nearest one; he simply caught his ankle and pulled, dumping him onto his back. A touch of panic fluttered in his throat but he tried to remain calm, to think. Eric had taught him dozens of ways, over the years, to defend himself. Mostly because of his less then masculine body, he was picked on and bullied. Too bad he didn't know of any tricks that would work on five beings that didn't need to be physically stronger than him to have the upper hand.

"Relax, brother," Junjun said. "Think of this as an...initiation rite."

"Initiation?" Hyesung snapped. "Are you mad? Tell them to let me go!"

"Why? Doesn't it feel good?" Dongwan asked.

One of the male Faerie ran his hand up Hyesung's bare leg. Heat flowed over his skin, zinging his nerves awake. He closed his eyes. It's some trick they use, he thought, not a real feeling. Though his heart thudded painfully with fear, anger flared up inside him as well. Who the hell did they think they were?

"Perhaps he's too mortal for this just yet," Andy said, sounding uneasy all of a sudden. "If we—"

"Nonsense," Minwoo interrupted. "He needs to understand our power before we can grant it to him. What better—and more pleasurable—way than this?"

"But—" Dongwan protested

"Hush. Just watch." Minwoo replied

"You call yourself my brother?" Hyesung snarled. " you, Bastard."

Minwoo smiled. Hyesung fought, twisting beneath the grasps of the male Faeries. Two of them caught his wrists, pinned him against the bed. His fear and anger rose, a potent combination that set his volatile temper alight. He probably shouldn't try to fight them—they could probably tear him to shreds with barely a thought—but his fury was water starting to bubble before it hit a rolling boill. Hyesung watched his assailants, looking for the best way to do what he always did when his anger slipped his control: Lash out.

They caressed his skin with their long fingers leaving trails of fire in their wake. The male faeries moved their hands up and down his leg in a circular motion. It remind him of a massage but a whole lot more intimate. They caressed his chest and arms also. The sensation was that of warm oil being spread over the places where they touched.  He stayed still and silent waiting for the perfect oppurtunity.

Then one of them made the mistake of placing a hand on his cheek. He pretended to relax, pretended to go boneless beneath their eerily sensual touches. Then he turned his head, slowly, let his lips part against that hand...

And sank his teeth in as hard as he could.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry I just couldn't do it. I couldn't make it longer, this felt like the perfect place to stop. To leave you wanting more plus I know that most of you are waiting for this chapter. My friend that i initially started this story for wanted me to update soon. XP I decide okay I am going to do it and just update this now. Sorry It is short. I promise that the next chapter will be longer. (^/\^) I also corrected a few grammar errors in the other chapters and I also corrected the He he problem in chapter 4. Sorry about that, When I get into a roll on writing I end up just flying thru it and i don't realize I added too many he's. I also tend to make Hyesung a girl for some reason. hahaha, So sorry if you catch me call him a her please tell me. PLEASE COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!!! I want to know what you think.