} 1 { First Day

+Imediems of Darkness I: The Search of the Lover+

-Diamond 1-

{First Day}

 

 “Woah, it’s them! Shinee!” the girls squealed, looking as excited as the four handsome boys passed beside them. Some of the boys were blushing, eyes widened and fill with admiration. They passed through the school hallways, the students stay aside from their way, admiring their idols from a far.

The oldest of them all was holding a box of fried chickens while in another hand was holding a drumstick and his mouth was chewing something that we could already guess what it was. The shortest and has a spiky hair, was smiling at their fans, reaching out to shake their hands or maybe flirting once in awhile. The feline looking guy was playing with his phone, ignoring all the loud squealing sound and the intense looked that were shooting on his way. And the last one was walking casually, hands in his pockets, there was an aura around him that made the girls went mad and the boys jealous or in some case, intimidated.

They were wearing a white uniform, a black shirt and tie inside, different from the other students what were wearing black uniforms, a white shirt and tie. The school bell rang and the students quickly leaved to their respective classes unwillingly when the feline looking guy shoots them a glared.

“That’s so annoying!” he muttered while rolling his eyes.

“What? It was fun!” the spiky hair guy slung his hand around the feline guy’s shoulder only to be pushed away.

“Stop it Jjong!” Jjong or Kim Jonghyun only pouted at the diva in front of him.

The diva rolled his eyes, averting his eyes away so he would not fall for the look. “You aren’t jealous are you, Key?” Jonghyun asked, smirking before yelping in pain when a smacked land on the back of his head. “Why should I?!” Key yelled, only to make Jonghyun smirked even more when he clearly saw the jealousy across his lover face.

“Aw, sorry yeobo, it’s only a fan service.” He whined only to be smacked across the head again.

“Ow!”

“Fan services my !” The couple keep arguing while walking toward their classes, making the others two sighing. It was like a routine now that they already used to it.

“Excuse me.” A timid voiced suddenly greeted them from behind. The four idols stop in their way and turned around to meet a boy—a freshman maybe because of his look—that looking lost.

“Ermm, I can’t find the way to the office. Can you help me, please?” he asked shyly, biting his lower lips. The idols looked at the boy, up and down, noticing his old looking uniform and his big glassy that almost covering his face. The boy noticed their glazed, shifting uncomfortably on his foot when he did not received an answer.

Key feeling the boy distressed quickly told him the ways to the office. The boy bowed his head and said a thank you before running toward the office in hurry, leaving a four stunned idols behind.

“That was…” Onew blinked, looking at the boy figure that disappeared around the corner.

“Cute!” Key squealed, jumping up and down while clapping his hands.

“I never saw him before.” Jonghyun nodded agreed at Onew words. “Maybe he is a new student?” He suggested. The others only nodded.

The quietist out of the four only stared at nothing, crossing his arms on his chest, showing his poker face to hide his interest on the new student. “Let’s go.” He mumbled before walking ahead, the others three shrugged and followed after him.

oO0Oo

Taemin looked down at his schedule as he walked down the hallway to his History class. He looked down at the map that the secretary kind enough to give him and smiled satisfied when he confirmed he was on the right way.  God! He did not know how many times he would get lost if not because of the map. Being late was not good enough but being lost at his age, which was so embarrassing.

Taemin looked up at the signed that wrote ‘History’ on it and grinned. “Finally, I did it!” He slide open the door and stepped inside, walking toward the teacher’s table nervously. The other students seemed too absorbed in what they were doing that they did not noticed the new student walking in. Taemin gave Mrs. Han his slip and introduced himself. Mrs. Han smiled and introduced herself as his History teacher and homeroom teacher before pointing at the empty seat at the third row for him.

“Thanks.” He bowed a bit before walking toward his sit and noticed the occasional glanced being threw at him.  He looked down at the floor, avoiding the others glazed before quickly sat on his chair. The chair was comfortable since it was made of cushion. It was not like his old school.

KEHS or known as Korea Elite High School is the famous high school in Korea. Those which were accepted into this school came from the elite and aristocrat families that had a high influenced in Korea’s economy and politics. Some of the students also came from a royal background and in this case, Taemin was not from any of those.

How did he get accepted into this kind of prestigious school? He was only dancing, like he usually did every year in the orphanage talent show—yes, he is an orphan—but suddenly, a guy in a suit introduced himself as the school’s director offered him to being accepted as the first scholarship student into this school. It was a one life time chance for him so he accepted the offered without a second thought. But when he finally arrived here, he wished he did the second thought.

He ignored the hushed whispered—that he positive it was about him—and the things that was being threw at the back of his head. He was lucky enough that they considered to only throwing the papers on his way, not something that could give him a concussion or maybe death because of the bleeding in the head.

Taemin sighed. He knew this would happen. He was the only and the only one scholarship student in this school where it was full with spoiled richly brats that only knew how to spend their parents’ money.  With his appearance, they could already guess he came from a low class and the news would spread like a wild fire around the whole school.

“Great.” He mumbled, knocking his head on the table.

oO0Oo

Minho sprawled down on the couch, reading a book out of boredom. Onew and Jonghyun were trying to beat each other in racing games while Key was busy ordering a new pair of hat online.

 

“Ha! I win! Again!” Jonghyun laughed and did his victory dance in front of Onew, making the latter annoyed and tackled him into a ground before turning into a wrestling match. Key rolled his eyes at their childishness.

 

Minho sighed and closed the book when he decided with all the noise he could not concentrated on his reading. It was not like the story was interesting in the first place. They were hanging out in their special room. Only the three highest rank groups have the accessed to this room. Apart than Shinee, there were Super Junior and Girls Generation.

 

Minho walked toward the glass cabinet and opens it to grab a small box of jewelry. He sat on a stool beside the bar counter and open the box to reveal a five rings inside. His eyes widened when one of the rings at the middle shining. “H-Hyung…”

 

The other three turned their attention at Minho, hearing the broken sound before seeing the light coming from the box. They shot up and ran toward Minho.

 

“It couldn’t be!” Key gasped.

 

“The ring feels it! He’s here!” Jonghyun exclaimed. Onew nodded his head excitedly.

 

Minho stared at the ring in disbelieve, holding back his tears. Finally…he’s here…

oO0Oo

 

Taemin looked around looking for a place to sit while holding his tray of food when he suddenly ended up tripping and dropping his entire lunch, earning laughs from the whole school. Now, if Taemin was any other kid, he wouldn't mind. But when he was an orphan and could barely afford the food he has and someone forces you to drop the whole thing, well, you seriously want to cry your heart out. Especially when it might be the only meal you get all day.

 

But what good would that do? They would just make more fun of you than they already did. He thought as he sat up on his knees. But it didn't stop him from blinking and making tears slide down his pale cheeks.

 

He picked up his sandwich and tried brushing off the dirt from the floor. He could hear the laughter, someone decided it was funny to stick out their foot and trip him.

.

 He sighed and let the sandwich roll off his hand and back on the floor. He stood there, just staring at the food that had no hope, the sandwich that soaked with the fallen milk.

 

And where the hell did his glasses go?

 

Taemin felt around on the floor with his hands but felt nothing but spilled food.

 

“Well, look what we have here.” Taemin froze on the spot and looked up to the blurry figure in front of him. He rubbed his eyes then squinted. It helped a little, he could see a head. He could see what looks like a guy crouched down in front of him, is that a smirk he saw?

 

Taemin flinched and back away a bit when he felt fingers on his cheek. “Now, don’t be scared. You have something on your cheek.” Taemin was going to thanks the guy but only to stop when he felt the same fingers brushing against his lips. Okay, that’s weird…

 

He slapped the hand away while furrowing his eyebrows, the guy only gave him an amused smiled.

 

“Looking for this?” Someone suddenly asked. Four figures that were standing behind the other guy walked closer. Taemin could see the outline of his glasses and he shot up, trying to grab it. “That’s mine!” he exclaimed. The guy laughed and threw his glasses behind him and the other guy caught it.

 

He ran toward the guy that was holding his glasses only to be thrown again on different direction. Are they playing some game here? He muttered annoyingly.

 

“Hey, scholarship guy! Look here!” he turned around and his eyes widened when the guy threw his glasses on the floor. Thinking it was not funny enough; he stepped on it and broke it into pieces. The other students in the cafeteria broke into laughter.

 

His eyes was blurry, trying hard not to let himself cried and being called weak, he looked down at the floor, lips wavering. “Oh~ he’s going to cry, Joon!” the others keep laughing while the guy called Joon walked closer toward Taemin.

 

“Aw~ don’t cry.” He mocked. “Here, how about I give some money for you to buy other glasses but as an exchange…” he smirked and lean his head beside the boy ear. “…you become my slave.” He whispered.

 

Taemin eyes widened and his eyes teary before shaking his head and pushed the other away. He ran toward the cafeteria’s entrance only to bump into someone’s broad chest. He looked up while biting his lower lips before bowing apologetically and running away.

 

 

oO0Oo

Shinee walked toward the cafeteria when they heard the commotion.

“Oaf…” Minho looked down annoyingly; ready to give someone a piece of mind when he met with big teary eyes.

“S-Sorry.” The boy from earlier bowed his head apologetically before running away, leaving the confused idol behind.

“What was that?” Onew asked. Minho shook his head.

“He looks…different…” Jonghyun said. He did look different beside his teary eyes. Eyes!

“He did not wear that big glass.” Minho stated.

“And I know why…” Key exclaimed. The other three turned and looked at the diva, his face full with fury as he stared at something.

“What…oh…” their expression turned from a sweet guys to someone that you would not want to mess with.

“They’re going to get it!”

“No, Key hyung. You go and get that kid. I don’t want him to walk around and knocks his head somewhere without his glasses.” Minho said, Key pouted, already thinking to beat the guys to some bloody pulp but when he remembered the cute boy he nodded his head agreed.

“Got it!” he ran toward the same direction as Taemin.

“Let’s get this started.” Jonghyun smirked, cracking his knuckles.

“Oh yeah~” Minho let out a murderous aura.

oO0Oo

Taemin sobbed while trying to wipe his tears away with his sleeves but they keep pouring down his cheeks. “Stop crying! You’re not weak!” he said. He leans on the wall before sliding down and wrapped his arms around his knees. He buried his head while sobbing, cursing himself once in awhile for being such a weakling.

“There you are! I’ve been looking everywhere for you.” A voiced said. His head shot up, thinking it was one of the bullies trying to get him.

“S-Stop!” he shouted in fear, ready to run.

“Wait! I’m not them! It’s me! You remember the one that show you the way to the office earlier.” He said, approaching the frightening boy slowly. Taemin looked at the blur figured when he remembered the princely feline looking guy that helped him this morning. Taemin nodded his head slightly.

Key crouched down in front of the boy and smiled softly. “I’m Kibum but call me Key. What’s yours?” Taemin looked at Key with his red puffy eyes. “T-Taemin…Lee Taemin.” He answered softly.

Key fought the urged to pull the latter for a hugged because of his cuteness. “Change of ideas~ calls me Key Umma!” he said making Taemin blinked in confusion.

“U-Umma?”

Key nodded his head brightly. “Now Taemin, do you know how to wear contact lens?”

“Huh?” the younger eyes widened.

 oO0Oo

After a lot of struggling to put on the contact lens, finally they succeed. Taemin blinked his eyes, trying to get used of the feeling before looking at Key.

“How is it?” he asked.

“It’s…weird a bit but I will get used to it.” He said.

“Good!” Key grinned before grabbing his hair brush and brushed the younger hair.

“Ermm…what are you doing, Key hyung?” the younger blinked in confusion.

“Brushing your hair… and it’s Key Umma for you, young man!” Key exclaimed and hit the latter arm.

“Ow!” Taemin pouted and rubbed his arm. He lets Key does whatever he want. It was actually a nice feeling having someone caressing your hair.

“Thank you, Key hy-” Key sent him a glared. “Umma!” Taemin laughed nervously and Key smiled satisfied.

“Yeobo!” The door to the toilet shot opened without warning, startling the young boy.

“Ow!” A hair brush flied toward the Dino head, making him crouched down in pain while rubbing his sore head. “Yah! What’s that for?” Onew burst to laughing fit while Minho’s lips twitch slightly.

“You’re scaring Taeminnie!” The diva yelled.

“My brain cell is going to instinct one of this day.” Jonghyun muttered before standing up again and straightened up his clothed. Taemin giggled at the scene in front of him.

“Aw! Cute!” The diva squealed before crushing the poor boy with a bear hugged.

“U-Umma…can’t…breath…” the younger said while wriggling in Key’s arms.

“You’re going to kill the kid, hyung.” Suddenly someone pulled Taemin from the back of his collar. Taemin looked up and saw a handsome tall froggie looking guy.

“You okay?” Minho asked as he looked down at Taemin. “Your face is burning.” He said when he saw the red tint on the younger cheeks.

“E-Eh?” Taemin blushed and looked away before shaking his head. “I-I’m okay.”

Key pouted and crossed his arms before smirking when he saw Taemin red cheeks.

“Oh, let me introduced you! Taemin, this is Kim Jonghyun, your Appa!” Key said while wrapping his arms around his lover waist.

“Wassup?”

“This is our leader, Lee Jinki but you can call him Onew hyung.” Onew smiled widely while waving. Taemin giggled and waved back at the cheerful looking guy.

“And this is Choi Minho.” Minho bowed a bit.

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Lee Taemin. Nice to meet you.” He bowed.

“Aw~ Key is right. You’re so cute!” Onew cooed while pinching Taemin’s chubby cheeks. Taemin pouted and rubbed his abused cheeks.

“Your eyes are blues. Did Key give you his contact lens?” Jonghyun asked, Taemin blushed and nodded his head.

“I did. But the blue is his natural eyes’ color.” Key said making the others eyes widened.

“Really? That’s rare! I never saw Koreans that have a blue eyes color except if their parents are foreigner.” Onew stared into the younger eyes, fascinated by the baby blue ocean color. Taemin blushed harder and back away a bit. Everyone in the orphanage called him weirdo since his eyes were blue but the guys in front of him did not look disgusted with it so he thought it was good enough.

“Are your parents a foreigner, Taeminnie?” Taemin bit his lower lips, shaking his head a bit.

“I-I don’t know who my parents are…” he said, rubbing the back of his neck. “I’m from the orphanage.” He said softly while looking down at the floor. Since he was little, he never knew his parents. He still has a memory but it was blurry since the last time he saw his parents, he was still a three years old toddler.

“I’m sorry, Minnie.” Key said before hugging the younger.

Taemin shook his head before hugging the elder back. “It’s okay.”

“Let’s go or we’re going to be late for the next class.” Minho said, already opening the door.

“What class do you have next?” Key let go of the hugged but his hands still on Taemin’s arms.

“Ermm, Calculus.”

“Okay, let’s us send you there.” Key did not give Taemin a choice instead he dragged the boy to the class. The others chuckled and followed after them.

oO0Oo

After bid a goodbye to what he supposed to be his new friends, he stepped inside the classroom and walked toward the teacher’s desk. He gave the slip to the teacher before looking around for an empty seat. When he saw one, he quickly walked toward it. The other students still giving him a look but did not said anything—it was good but at the same times weird—and continued doing their own works.

The class ended smoothly for Taemin. No one made fun or throwing something at him which is good and weird. Well he thought they were going to bully him until he cried like a little baby or something but no one makes a move like he had some sort of barrier around him.

He even made a new friend. Kai was his name. At first, they both shocked looking at each other face since they almost look the same, like a twins. But Kai is higher and has manlier feature and Taemin is small and look petite. They sat under the big oak tree while Taemin was listening to Kai about the school.

“KEHS has five highest groups. The first one is Super Junior that consists of 14 members. They are our senior and the council members. Their leader is Leeteuk and all of them stayed in that big mansion right there. Their members have their own specialty. Kyuhyun, Yesung and Ryeowook sunbaenim rule the singing department, Donghae, Eunhyuk and Shindong sunbaenim rule the dance department, Siwon and Kangin sunbaenim rule the Sport department, Henry and Zhoumi sunbaenim rule the Culture department, Leeteuk and Heechul are the school council president and vice president, and Sungmin and Kibum sunbaenim rule the Martial Art department.”

“That’s a lot…” Taemin eyes widened making Kai chuckled. “Yeah but all of them are nice so you don’t have to worry. But just don’t get into Heechul sunbaenim bad side; you don’t want to hear his wrath.” Taemin nodded his head nervously.

“And if you want to join any of the department, just ask them.”

“Okay.” Taemin smiled.

“The second highest group is Girls Generation. Nine beautiful angels of our school, all the boys drool after them. Taeyeon sunbaenim is their leader. They take care of the girls department and theirs dorm and girls stuff. The members are Jessica, Seohyun, Yuri, Hyoyeon, Tiffany, Sunny, Yoona and Sooyoung. And all of them are taken.” Kai winked. Taemin laughed.

“The third group is Shinee. Four members only but they are strong. Onew, Jonghyun, Key and Minho, I think you already met them.”

“Eh? They’re Shinee?” He looked shocked. Kai nodded his head.

“They have their own aura, especially Minho sunbaenim.”

Taemin could not help but blushed when he heard the name. What’s wrong…aish…

“Ermm another two groups?” he asked, trying to change the subject.

“The other two groups, they are the opposite of the other three groups. They act like they own the world and always make a scene. Mblaq are Seungho, Joon, Mir, Thunder and G.O.” At the mention of Joon’s name, Taemin froze. They were the group that bullied him earlier. And Joon…Taemin shook his head, trying to forget Joon’s words.

“What’s wrong?” Kai asked when he saw Taemin expression.

“N-Nothing…next?” He smiled slightly.

“Okay then, if you’re sure.” Kai raised his eyebrows, “Next is Girls Day. They own the school fan clubs. They can be y if they want and act like a nice angel the next. But don’t fall for their look. If you’re near their oppas, they will make your days a living hell.”

“That’s scary!” Taemin frowned.

“Aigoo, yeah. But don’t worry. I’m here.” Kai winked. Taemin rolled his eyes playfully and nudged Kai’s side.

“That’s why they wear different uniforms then us!” Taemin exclaimed, clasping his hands together when he realized it. He was weird at first when he saw Shinee wore different uniforms, thinking the color of the uniforms show what grade they were in, he was wrong then. Kai chuckled softly.

“Aren’t you in a group, Kai-ah?” Taemin tilted his head slightly.

“Yes I am.” He said while leaning his back on the tree trunk. “I’m Exo.” He grinned. “The others aren’t from this school. Only Kyungsoo and I attend this school.”

“Why is that?” he asked curiously.

“Let’s just say that…their rank is a bit high…” Kai wriggled his eyebrows. Taemin furrowed his eyebrows before eyes widening as he realized something.

“You’re from royalt-” Kai quickly covered the latter’s mouth and laughed.

“Yes we are so shh…” Taemin blinked and nodded his head. Kai let go and ruffled Taemin’s hair.

“What are you doing here?” Taemin whispered.

“Studying?” He chuckled. Taemin raised one eyebrow and gave him a look. “Okay~ there’s another reason but I would like to keep it as a secret.”

There was a ‘for now’ unsaid in the last sentence. Taemin only nodded, did not asked any further.

“It’s weird…” Taemin said suddenly, wrapping his arms around his knees as he stared at the garden in front of him.

“What’s weird?” asked Kai, looking at the boy beside him.

“They…stop bullying me suddenly. The students I mean. They still gave me a disgust look but…I don’t know…” Kai chuckled.

“Shinee sunbaenims already took care of it.”

“What do you mean?” he looked at Kai confusedly.

“I saw the scene at the cafeteria today. Sorry for not helping you earlier.” Kai said, sound regretted. Taemin smiled and patted the latter’s shoulder. “It’s okay. I understand.”

Kai smiled slightly. “After you ran, Minho, Jonghyun and Onew punished the Mblaq members. They were threatening something and the color on Mblaq face gone.” They laughed lightly.

“Where are you staying?” Kai asked after a minutes of silent.

“At the orphanage...”

“Why did not you stay at the dorm? It’s easier that way.”

Taemin nodded. “I was thinking the same thing. Maybe after a few weeks, you know, until I get used to the school.”

Kai hummed. “Well, just ask me if you need anything. I’m always here.” Taemin giggled. “Okay then, prince charming.” He teased. Kai laughed and pinched his cheeks.

Someone watched from a far, a smirked carved on his lips. “Looks, what we have here…”

oO0Oo

“Is that him?” Jonghyun asked when all of them finally arrived at their hang out place.

“It’s not him.” Minho said, shaking his head while his fingers were playing with the ring around his middle finger.

“But the ring shone when Taemin arrived here, right? He’s the only new student today.” Key said, confused.

“He’s not him, okay! The ring didn’t shine when I touched him earlier!” he growled. He did not know what to feel right now, relieved or disappointed that Taemin was not the person that they were looking for. 

“That’s weird.” Onew said. Minho sighed and stood up, putting the ring back to it place before placing the box inside the glass cabinet.

“It’s not weird. It’s the fact.” He said solemnly before walking away and closed the door so hard that they thought it was going to break.

Key heaved a sigh and leans back against the chair. “He’s disappointed and heartbroken.” The others only nodded. “But we would never give up!” he said.

“Yeah!” the others two smiled determinedly, anything to help their dongsaeng to find their lover again.

oO0Oo

The shadow smirked when he heard the conversation. He flew back to its place to send his master the news.

“It’s working, my lord. It is him.” The shadow bowed.

He smirked and tapped his long nails on his throne. “We meet again, your highness.”

oO0Oo

 

 

 

A/N This is hard. A lot of mistakes but hope you guys understand it.

Reen