My Tarzan

||My Tarzan||

My wish had finally come true. The stage lights flashed brilliantly as the music started. The crowd went crazy at this point.  I was in total awe because 20 feet in front of me appeared the Wonder Boyz in living color. The bright stage lights blinded me for while. When my eyes finally adjusted, there he was, the object of my affection. A luminous smile suddenly erupted across my face. My eyes sparkled with excitement as I watched him dance around the stage, I couldn’t take my eyes off him. "Bak Chi ki. . ." I whispered.

 

 

"Wow." K took off his jacket as he entered the dressing room with his band mates.

"I feel like my heart is about to explode! Its beating so fast!" Young Boy exhaled as he sat down on the couch.

"Yeah, me too." Master one sat next to him.

"We did great though. I have a feeling this comeback is gonna really gain us a lot of fans." Chi ki grinned.

"Right." Young boy agreed.

Once the recording was finished the guys all changed into their regular clothes and headed out to greet their fans that waited to get a glimpse of them before they left. As they reached the streets, a ton of fans swarmed them. As Chi Ki followed s he couldn’t help but notice the beautiful dark skinned girl standing near the van. It felt as if time had stopped for a moment, just long enough for him to notice the beauty in front of him. She was dressed in a thin, white sundress that tied around her neck, and her long black hair blew as the wind whipped it lightly to the side. She caught him looking at her and brushed her hair back shyly over her ear. Someone pushed past, knocking Chi Ki back a step.

Master One grabbed him. "You ok?"

"Huh?" Chi Ki adjusted his glasses.

"I said are you ok?"

"Yeah. I'm fine." He nodded as he got closer to the dark skin beauty.

"Bak. . . Chi ki!" I spoke so soft that he had to lean closer to hear. With our eyes locked, it seemed as if I couldn’t breathe. "This is for you." I handed him a card.

Chi ki pointed to himself in disbelief. "For me?"

I smiled sweetly and nodded. He stood there for a moment staring down at the small pink envelope, until one of his band mates pushed him in the van.

"Hyung I think you're losing it." Young boy shook him causing everyone to laugh.

"What’s that?" K pointed at the envelope in Chi Ki's hand.

"A fan gave it to me." He looked out the window.

"Hyung was the only one to get something from a fan today. I'm totally jealous!" Master One laughed.

"Open it!" K snatched it but Chi Ki got it back.

"I will! Just. . .not now ok." He sat back as he stared down at the envelope. I wonder what it says? He thought to himself, as he glanced out the window again.


Later that night Chi Ki decided to open the letter when he was finally alone.


Bak Chi Ki,

My Name is Ariel and I've traveled all the way from America just to see you perform. I’m only here for one night which is why I wanted to give you this letter. Please meet me at the Olympic park at 8:30 pm. I'll be waiting! (^_^)

                                                                               Sincerely,                                                           

Your Biggest Fan

 

"Am I going crazy?" He whispered to himself.

"Chi ki?" K opened the door suddenly, causing him to hide the letter behind his back.

"Lets eat."

"Oh. . . I'm not hungry."

"What?" K looked confused. "Are you sick or something?"

"No. . .I'm just not hungry ok."

"Alright." He shrugged his shoulders and closed the door.

"Ahhhh, eotokke?" Chi Ki layed back in bed. When he glanced at his phone it was already 8:15.


I sat on the bench under the light post. For some reason I felt like I had made a fool out of myself. Why would he come meet me when he doesn't even know me? He probably thinks I'm some deranged stalker.

"Ahhhh." I panted my face in my hands. "Why am I even here? This was a dumb idea!"

"Ariel?" A deep voice called and I lifted my head.

"Huh?"

"Hi. I'm. . .Chi Ki." He smiled shyly reaching out to shake my hand. "Its nice to meet you."

"Hi." I smiled taking his hand in mine. I couldn't believe he actually came.

"Are you. . .alone?" He looked around.

"Yes." I scooted over on the bench and he sat down. I could tell he was nervous by the way he put his hands between his legs. "Are you nervous?"

"Ahhh. . .yeah. A little." He smiled shyly.

"Don't be." I leaned forward and smiled at him.

"Ok." He smiled.

After a few minutes of getting comfortable around each other, we were able to get more acquainted. He told me about his band mates and how he got in to music. He even did a little bit of their Tarzan routine, which brought a huge smile on my face. We never left that bench. 

We both sat close to each other and shared earphones as we listen to his song on my phone. I closed my eyes, swaying from side to side. When I opened one of my eyes I noticed Chi Ki was staring at me with a smile on his face.

"I love this song." I finally spoke opening my eyes completly.

"Really?" Chi Ki was excited.

"Yes. A lot." I giggled. "I listen to it all the time."

"No Way." He rested his chin on his hand flashing his cute eye smile.

"Yes way." I nudged him.

"You like me. . .why?"

"Huh?"

"Why me? The other guys are a lot more handsome." He chuckled.

"I don't know. . .I just do." I shrugged.

"What? I'm confused." He laughed.

"Well. . .I think your---kyopta!"

"Oh kyopta!" 

"Uh huh." I giggled at him getting excited about me using Korean.

"Is that it?" He looked at me.

"Well. . .I like your hair." I pointed at his fluffy afro.

He laughed touchiing his curly locks. "This?"

"Kyopta!" I reached over and gently pulled one of his curls.

"Kyopta?" He laughed again covering his mouth. "Ok."

"I also think your sweet, funny, talented. . ." I faced him moving closer.

Chi Ki swallowed . "Uh. . ."

"Have you ever. . . Kissed a girl Chi ki?"

"Ki--kiss?" He looked at me through his glasses with nervous eyes. How could he be so adorable?

"Yes. Kiss." I smiled, twirling my fingers in his curly hair.

"No! Yes! Wait. . .N--no." He stuttered.

I leaned forward barely touching his ear with my lips and whispered. "Do you wanna. . .kiss me?"

"Uh. . .yes!" He blurted.

"Ok." I sat back on the bench and smiled.

"Ok?" He looked confused.

"Yeah." I looked inside my purse.

"Aigoo." Chi Ki exhaled as he dropped his head.

I laughed rubbing his back. "Are you ok?"

"You scared me!" He laughed.

"Sorry." I replied innocently.

"Its ok. " He looked up at me.

"So Chi Ki. . .do you like being an idol?"

"Yeah. . .but sometimes it gets lonely." He looked up at the light post.

"But you have your band mates and fans."

"No. . .like I want to have a--"

"Girlfriend?" I blurted and he nodded. "I see. . ."

"You have a boyfriend?"

"No." I looked down.

"What?" Chi Ki looked shocked. "Your so beautiful. I don't understand."

"The guys back where I live are not as sweet as you."

"Stay here." He smiled at me.

I giggled. "I can't do that."

"Why not? We can see each other like this more."

"Aw. . . kyopta!"

He laughed. "You like that word don't you?"

"Yep!" I laughed.

"I really like you Ariel."

"Really?" I smiled shyly. "Your just saying that."

"No I really do. Your funny, pretty, and. . . you like me!" He smiled.

"Well I really do like you Chi Ki. . .oppa." I winked and he held his chest like he was gonna pass out, causing me to laugh. When we finally decide to leave we both stood up from the bench and faced each other.

"I guess. . . this is goodbye?"

"Yes." I looked down. "Thank you for coming to see me.

"Thank you for inviting me." He smiled.

"Oh I almost for got!" I opened my purse quickly and grabbed the bracelet I made. I took his hand and placed it on him. "So you wont forget me."

He looked at it and smiled big. "Thank you. I'll wear it when I perform so you can see it!"

"Promise?" I held out my pinky.

"Promise?" He chuckled, entwined his pinky with mine and we pressed thumbs together. We stood there for a moment. I didn't want to leave and neither did he.

"You have to leave right?" He sounded sad.

"Yes. . .but I wanna give you something else."

"What is---" I interrupted him with a soft kiss on the lips.

I bit my bottom lip and smiled. "Goodbye."

Chi Ki stood there in shock as I began to walk away.

"Chi Ki oppa?" I called as I turned back around. "Your the coolest!"

Chi Ki smiled as he stood there under the post light. He sat back on the bench and looked down at the bracelet for a moment. That was the last time he seen his dark skin beauty, but he never would for get her.