WooGyu - koreanch3rryblossom

Aphrodisiac's oneshot collection [OPENED FOR REQUESTS]

~A short fluff in which Sunggyu gets a bit insecure and Woohyun likes calling him a dumb~ 

koreanch3rryblossom I LOVE YOU! <3 Hope you like it! 

 

 

It's been almost a year since Woogyu have officially become an item. It still felt like only a day has passed since Woohyun first put a foot inside their school and made himself known around as the one who called Kim Sunggyu a "dumb" for randomly touching his . He might've just let it slide since things like this used to happen to him so often (he was aware of the fact that he was considered a good catch but he stopped caring at some point), but the "dumb" went on to actually grab his buttcheek and whisper profanities into his ear. The slap Sunggyu's cheek was welcomed with that day was recorded in the school's history as the first time Kim Sunggyu had been confronted. 
 
It took the older a few weeks to convince Woohyun that a date with him wouldn't hurt and that he can actually be a sweet guy. Then, it took five dates and a lot of Sunggyu's savings for them to become an official couple. But Sunggyu would do it all over again if it meant he could keep Woohyun by his side forever. And it wasn't like Woohyun had anything against that. 
 
However, for the past few days Sunggyu's life was as interesting as a sock. He was dying to meet his boyfriend but he knew that it was impossible given the fact that Woohyun could get as stubborn as a mule. The younger was set on getting a high score on his final exams and he made it clear that seeing each other during this time would be forbidden as Sunggyu was considered a major distraction. Honestly, Sunggyu didn't give a damn about that, especially since his thumbs have become the size of two tomatoes from all the texting he's been doing. He was determined to get his boyfriend out of that room full of boring textbooks and cups of coffee which were regularly refilled.
 
A couple of days flew by like this and Woohyun was a week away from the exams. Meanwhile, Sunggyu has decided to put his plan in practice, and its success depended on how well would Woohyun's parents do. Since their son has become a zombie and continued to vegetate in his room (his mother was sure he would soon grow some roots on his bed and then his head would become a bird nest, while he would still be mumbling nonsense about mitosis and World War II), Mr. And Mrs. Nam were eager to get him out of the house for even just an hour.
 
"Son!" Mr. Nam's voice was heard from downstairs. It took him two more calls before Woohyun bothered answering.
 
"Yes, dad!" 
 
"Your mother wants you to go to the store. She said she needs something for the pasta sauce."
 
Woohyun sighed loudly. 
 
"And why can't you go? I'm studying here!" 
 
"She said I had no idea how to do groceries."
 
The boy growled in frustration and hesitantly put away the book in his hands, then stomped his way downstairs. He grabbed the money from his father's hand without stopping and went straight out the door.
 
"Have fun!" 
 
 
 
Woohyun paid for the groceries and was about to step out of the store when his phone rang. He he had no idea he had brought it with him. Sunggyu. 
 
"What do you want?" Woohyun grumpily answered.
 
"Wow, what a way to greet your boyfriend! I've missed you too, babe!" He could sense Sunggyu smirk.
 
"Sorry, it's just my parents. They don't seem to understand how important this is for me. And I think you don't either," he accused the older.
 
"I see, I see. How about we talk about this? Come on, tell me what's bothering you."
 
"I just did. Are you even listening?" Woohyun groaned, rubbing his temples.
 
"How about we do this while eating some ice cream?" Sunggyu suggested, crossing his fingers.
 
"Seriously? I'm a few days away from the finals and you're asking me if I can go eat ice cream with you? Which part of 'they don't seem to understand how important this is for me' you didn't get?" Woohyun was definitely getting pissed off. He reached a crossing and the green light seemed to take forever.
 
"Oh, come on! You could use some fresh air and I happen to be in the neighbourhood, so how about it?" 
 
"What do you mean, you're in the neighbourhood?" His eyes scanned around, expecting to see his boyfriend pop out from behind a bush or something. Then, the green light switched on and the people started moving. "Hello? Sunggyu?" He checked his phone and noticed that the call has already ended. He frowned, cursing Sunggyu for hanging up on him and slipped the phone in his pocket. The moment he put his foot on the crossing his eyes caught sight of a familiar figure standing on the other side of the street. Stupid Sunggyu was smiling at him and waving like a lunatic. Woohyun almost smiled himself. Then he remembered he was pissed off.
 
"Calling me was already a breach of the deal we had. Appearing in front of me is just making this worse, " Woohyun stated, stepping on the side of the road next to the older boy.
 
"But I missed you!" Sunggyu whined. He was determined to do anything it took to make his plan succeed. 
 
"I missed you too, but I have to do this properly and it's impossible with you around. Is it that much to ask?" Woohyun was tired and had no energy to argue with his boyfriend.
 
"Yeah, it is, actually." Sunggyu's head fell low, and his voice turned somewhat sad. "I haven't seen you for a week already and it felt like hell. Please, just for today, stay with me."
 
Woohyun was conflicted. He was tempted to say no and then just walk away, for the sake of his future, but it would be a lie to say that he didn't feel the need of Sunggyu's warmth. It felt like a whole year has passed since their last hug.
 
"Hyun?" Sunggyu was pouting, his eyes pleading.
 
Woohyun bit his lip, then sighed loudly, rolling his eyes. 
 
"Fine, fine. But just for tonight!"
 
Sunggyu's face lit as his lips curved in a big grin. He grabbed Woohyun's hand, intertwining their fingers, and dragged him away towards the parking lot.
 
"Weren't we going to eat ice cream? Look, there's a shop right there!" the younger suggested, pointing in a certain direction.
 
"I already bought it. It's in my fridge," Sunggyu chuckled, opening the door of the passenger seat. 
 
Woohyun sensed something was going on, but it was Sunggyu and Sunggyu always had something going on. It was part of his nature.
 
"But I still have to take these home! My mom needs them. By the way, we're having pasta for dinner. Don't you want to join us? I'm sure my parents would like to see you!" 
 
"Hyun, just get in! Your mom isn't cooking pasta today, believe me!" Sunggyu smirked, pushing Woohyun inside the car. 
 
 
A click was heard and the door opened. Soon enough the apartment was lit up as the two boys stepped inside the kitchen. 
 
"Are you hungry?" Sunggyu asked, dropping his keys on the counter.
 
"No. Just get me that ice cream already, I need to calm my nerves down. Gosh, I still can't believe you got my mother involved in this!" Woohyun huffed, sitting on a chair.
 
"Well, you can't blame us for wanting the best for you. Vanilla, right?"  Sunggyu said, opening the fridge.
 
"Yes. But that's exactly what I was trying to do all this time. Working my off to make sure I won't end up sweeping the streets, remember?" Woohyun's hands swiftly grabbed the ice cream box from Sunggyu and worked the lid off. "And you're not exactly helping, you know?" he continued, stuffing his mouth with the sweet coldness.
 
"Okay, I got it, I'm sorry." Sunggyu's spoon was still laying untouched. The tone of his voice grabbed Woohyun's attention and he didn't like how it sounded. "It's just that...well, it seems like I might not be part of that future you're trying to build up for yourself. I'm afraid, Hyun. Afraid that you'll eventually forget about me." Woohyun felt a lump in his throat. "These few days have made me realize how hard it is for me without you. I missed you so much that it somehow felt scary. For the first time in my life I felt insecure and I had no idea what to do about it."
 
Sunggyu's voice wavered at the end and Woohyun's heart clenched.
 
"Gyu," he leaned in, his hand caressing Sunggyu's cheek, " you shouldn't feel like this. I'll never forget you. You're part of my life and even if I wanted to, I couldn't rip you out of it. You mean too much to me." He got up from his seat and hugged Sunggyu's back, resting his chin on the older's shoulder. "So get rid of all these stupid ideas and just keep on standing by my side. That's all you have to do. You dumb!" Woohyun felt Sunggyu smile as he turned around in his seat so he could face the younger and wrapped his arms around his boyfriend's waist. 
 
"I love you, Hyun." They were words which they told each other so many times before, but it somehow felt so much more meaningful that moment. It gave them a feeling of security and certainty and it was for a lifetime. 
 
"I love you too, dumb." 
 
"You know, you should really stop calling me like that," Sunggyu pouted, crossing his arms. 
 
"Oh, shut up!" Woohyun exclaimed, sealing his lips with a kiss. And Sunggyu was sure now. Woohyun will always be there as long as he reached out to him. And he will always be on the other side of the road, watching over him. For now, that's what love was for them.