.

Prime Abord

A t   F i r s t   G l a n c e


He passed by the studio. It was the first time he saw her, surrounded by her friends, but still, her face could be seen clearly. Thin lips that formed a perfect smile, slanted eyes that turned into a pair of crescent when she is smiling or laughing, fair skin all around. He saw her, his angel.

 

I

 

Lime and Yooyoung were on their way to the Miss Pink store to buy some cute dresses for the upcoming school dance. They will be performing that night.
“Lime noona! Lime noona!”
Lime turned around towards the guy that was calling the- actually it was just her. The guy was no other than her cousin, No Minwoo
“Minwoo-ah! Fancy meeting you here,” Lime said as she hug the younger male.
“Are you here alone?”
No, he was not alone. Minwoo step a little bit to the side revealing two handsome young man.
“Noona, you remembered Jo Twins right?”
“Right, Youngmin and Kwangmin. It’s nice to see you again,”
The twins shook hands with Lime before Lime pulled Yooyoung out to her side.
“Guys, this is Yooyoung,”
Yooyoung instantly bowed politely and introduced herself
“I’m sure you guy recognized each other. You guys went to the same school right?”
“New member of Cupid right?” Minwoo asked and Lime only nodded in return.
 

 

“What are you guys doing here?”
“We need dresses for the upcoming dance, we’re performing,”
“Cool, the whole Cupid? What song are you going to play?”
“We’ll be performing Same, Winter Fantasy and Love Appeal. Have you guys got your date?”
“Actually, it was the reason why we are here, to get Minwoo date,” Youngmin butted in
“Hyung!”
“What about you Youngmin?”
“I have Yookyung,”
“Kwangmin?”
Kwangmin eyes opened twice bigger; probably he was not here
“Excuse me?”
“Your date?”
“I just haven’t ask her yet,” he stuttered while rubbing the back of his neck
“You better, or else she’s gonna be taken,” Lime joked
“We better get going,”
“Okay, bye green head noona, and see you soon Yooyoung-nim”

 


II

 

He went to the studio thinking that she was there, but she was not.
He passed by the football field, when he saw her holding a paper, headset on. He smiled to himself thinking that Lady Luck must be shinning brightly.His feet moved him towards her and took a seat next to her. Apparently she did not feel his presence so he moved closer until she turned to him. Eyes get bigger when she looked directly at him. Her lips turn into a smile before muttering a small ‘hi’

“What are you doing?” Kwangmin asked
“Practising the rap for Same,” Yooyoung took off her headset
“May I?” Yooyoung handed him the lyrics for Same

Jigeum mannaneun neodo ttokgata
(You’re not different from them)
Neoran jonjaeneun nahante dok gata
(You’re like a poison to me)
Handu beon bwatdeon ge anijanha
(I’ve seen it all before)
Mianhajiman naega haetdeon geojanha
(I’m sorry but that’s what I’ve done)

“It is nice,” he smiled.
“Listen,” he paused, scratching the back of his neck.
“Do you,”
“Do you have a,”

Yooyoung could not take it, he was too slow, so she started to packed her things putting them all in her sling back. She thought that he will speed up, and he did.
“Do you have a date to the dance?”
“Nope. Why?” she replied bluntly and stood up. Kwangmin followed her.
“Would you like to?” they made their way to the school entrance.
“Depends, are you setting me up?”
“No, I want you to be my date,”
As soon as Kwangmin said that, Yooyoung stopped her trace and looked at him.
“What about the girl you said that you’re going to ask,”
“She declined, she is going out with someone else,”

Silence

“So, will you? Be my date? As friends,”
Yooyoung look at him, her face change a bit at the word of friends. 'Of course I'm his second choice'
“Yeah, sure. As friends,” She broke into a smile, a fake smile but of course Kwangmin did not notice it.

 


III

 

Another bell was heard just before the door was open revealing Yooyoung. Long legs and the white dress with pink flower that she was wearing, her hair tied up into a bun, the necklace she was wearing, another perfection she is, eyes wide open looking, staring at her.

“Are you ready?” her voice snapped him out of his thoughts
Kwangmin offer his hand which she accepts it without hesitation.

 

Yooyoung took a seat next to Kwangmin after performing Love Appeal. Kwangmin gave her a glass of iced water. The music started to get slow and awkward filled in between them.
Kwangmin took a deep breath before giving Yooyoung his hand, an offer to dance. Yooyoung stared at him mindlessly but she took it. Of to the dance floor they went. Hands intertwined, body close to each other, Yooyoung put her head on his shoulder and dance to the rhythm and melody. Not too long Kwangmin broke the silence.

“I have something to say,” Yooyoung raised her head waiting for him.
“The girl that I…”

“Sorry to interrupt, but Yooyoung, we need to finish this night,” Yoonjo pulled Yooyoung to the stage.

“Tell me later,” Yooyoung mouthed before she was not to be seen in sight.

 


IV

 

On their way to Yooyoung house, walking side by side. There was a big gap between them and silence in between them.

“So..” Kwangmin kicked little pebbles by the side walk
“What about the girl that your going to ask?”
“Huh? What do you mean?”
“You said you want to tell me about her, earlier on the dance floor,”
“Uh, right,”
“So, what about her?”
“She actually said yes,”
“And why did you asked me?”
“Because you said yes,”
“Huh?”
“You’re the girl silly,”

Blood crept up her cheeks after realizing what he meant.

 

Soon they were in front of Yooyoung’s door step, embracing each other. When they let go of each other, Kwangmin gave a small peck on her forehead

“I had a great time,” he said

Yooyoung bowed a little and enter her house. She leaned against the door, small smile crept her face. Meanwhile, Kwangmin walked his way home, smiling, satisfied with his action

 

 

 

 


T h e   E n d


 

 

1 038 words.

 

Oh my, I think I failed, too many dialogs instead of  story.
But I am  lazy to re-write the whole thing.
I hope you guys could understand the plot, and sentences between the line.
I'm really sorry cannot do any better.
I will do better in the future.
Thank you for reading, once again I am really sorry about the bad writing.