Ten

Take this to heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ten

 

 


Daesung



I can hear some shuffling not so far away from me. I think it’s Seungri, but I’m not entirely sure. For that I should open my eyes, which I decide not to do. The first thing he’ll do is start yelling at me again, and I’m not exactly in the mood for that. When I hear some clattering I realise I’m still lying on the couch. I must’ve fallen asleep somewhere during the night.


“Do you want something to eat?” Seungri’s voice sounds.


“No, that’s okay.” That’s another voice, a higher voice, more girly.


I can feel the couch sag; meaning someone’s just lowered themselves next to me. A soft hand gently brushes over my hair.


“You sure?” His voice is louder now. The hand that’s now travelled all the way to my cheek quickly retracts. Seungri must’ve stepped out of the kitchen, and whoever’s sitting next to me must feel somewhat caught.


“Ah… Ah, yes.”


Again I can hear some shuffling. Since the person sitting on the couch still hasn’t moved, it has to be Seungri. He sounds nervous.


“Say… Yun… What are you doing here?” Even without looking I know he’s not even making eye contact with her.


“I…” Her voice falters before she gets to the rest of her sentence, then Seungri sighs.


“You came to see Daesung, right?”


“Ah… Yeah.”


He sighs again. I know I shouldn’t be eavesdropping like this, but it feels awkward if I’d wake up now.


“I see.”


Next, neither one of them speaks. The silence between them is deafening. I don’t think I’ve ever felt this uncomfortable in my life while pretending to be asleep. When they keep quiet for another five minutes, I slowly stretch one of my legs and yawn while pulling myself up. I put up a dazed look as I turn to face them.


“Oh! What are you doing here?” I do my best to sound surprised.


“I should be asking what you’re still doing here. You should’ve gone to bed if you were tired.” Seungri calmly replies. It’s obvious on his face that he’s annoyed.


“I guess I didn’t think I’d actually fall asleep,” I softly mutter, more to myself than to him. Then I look at Yun.


“And you? You don’t even live here.” I arch one eyebrow as I look at her accusingly, which makes the colour of her cheeks turn into a dark shade of red. Tch. She’s not even supposed to come here. She knows very well how Seungri feels about her.


“I… I wanted to check up on you,” she stammers.


“Why would you want to do that?” I pull my legs a bit closer so I can move further away from her.


“Because…” She’s panicking. Her eyes shoot to Seungri as if she’s expecting him to rescue her, but Seungri doesn’t look back. I’m glad he’s not; otherwise he would do so without a second thought.


“Look, Yun. I already told you not to come to our apartment. If you want to talk to me, you can do that in school.”


She immediately opens to reply but I continue before she gets the chance.


“Besides, a young and beautiful girl like you, in the apartment of two single men…” I lean in a bit until my lips are right next to her ear.


“It’s highly inappropriate, if not dangerous.”


As her blush reaches her ears, a smirk appears on my lips.


“I – I’ll take my leave then,” she spurts out while jumpin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter