No Wedding Invitation?

Unheard Wedding Bells

~*~

Hyukjae opened the door, expecting a hug and a kiss on the cheek from his boyfriend, but instead got a sarcastic smile and a shove on the chest.

"Congratulations on your wedding," Donghae greeted dryly. "How come I didn't get an invitation?"

"Hae"

He gasped, "Did it get lost in the mail?"

"Honey"

"Don't you 'honey' me when you're engaged to someone else!" He scolded as he grabbed the bowl of ice cream Sungmin was eating and started digging in.

"Donghae, you know it's just a stupid rumor. Jieun and I aren't getting married!" He insisted. "This isn't even my fault; I didn't start the damn thing. Why are you so upset?"

Donghae's expression darkened, and Hyukjae realized he had made a fatal mistake.

"Ooh, hyung," Kyuhyun clucked his tongue. "Never ask him why he's mad. Now you're gonna get it."

"Lee Hyukjae, how would you like it if I told you Sungmin hyung and I are engaged?" he put his arm around said boy's shoulders. "In fact, we have been for almost a year now; we just didn't know how to break it to you. Isn't that right, honey?"

"Mm-hmm," Sungmin didn't even have time to respond as Donghae surprised him with a kiss on the lips.

"Okay, okay, you've made your point." He grumbled as he pulled him away from their group-mate. "Get away from hyung."

"And don't ever do that again," Kyuhyun warned, waving a finger in Donghae's face. "Or else I will kill you."

"Look, I know it isn't true," Donghae rolled his eyes at their maknae before turning back to his boyfriend. "But just when I thought we can finally put all that Jieun crap behind us, this happens. I feel as pissed as I did when the scandal first came out."

"Can we talk about this in private?" he asked. "I feel an argument coming on, and I don't feel comfortable fighting in front of these two."

"No," Donghae returned to the sofa next to Sungmin and casually crossed his legs. "If you have anything to say to me, say it here, where there's witnesses."

"Fine," Hyukjae got on his knees and held Donghae's fingers with both hands. 

"So that's why he didn't want us around," Kyuhyun grinned. "He's gonna beg."

"This is getting good." Sungmin smiled cheekily.

"Donghae, as far as I'm concerned, the only person I'm even dreaming of marrying is you. I want to get married to you, I want to have kids with you, I want to grow old with you and...and I love you." 

"You're not proposing to me right now, are you?" Donghae asked with wide, worried eyes.

"No," he smiled. "But I plan to. Someday. And it's gonna be perfect, and you're gonna love it, and you're gonna love me even more...that is, if you still do."

Donghae sighed, "You know I do."

"It never hurts to make sure." Hyukjae got off his knees to cup his face and give him a kiss. "Now can we just forget this ever happened? The ridiculous rumor, I mean."

"I don't know...it doesn't seem like the guys are gonna let you forget it anytime soon." He looked to Sungmin and Kyuhyun, who were both nodding and smiling mischievously.

Hyukjae groaned before kissing Donghae's forehead, "I love you, Hae."

"Yeah, yeah," he waved his hand dismissively. "I love you too."

~*~