Pt. 2 - Fix Me

Ice Wall

It’s taken a lifetime to lose my way,

A lifetime of yesterdays.

All the wasted time on my hands,

Turns to sand,

And fades in the wind. | Fix Me


Paralyzed to its core, humanity crumbles before nature’s forces. Hiding away and trying to save itself, it doesn’t realize that no matter what it does and where it goes, it cannot escape. Because humanity was never meant to rule; for it was created for submission. Created to be a slave to the higher powers and forces it cannot grasp within its claws.

But.

Humanity was not the sole one. As a weapon, the four seasons were created - to plant fear and destruction when instructed. To crumble and cleanse the canvas that is Earth. Thus, two opposites were molded. Winter and Summer. Two absolute extremities. One held the power of fire, the other - ice. As a representative of the male division, Winter was granted the higher power; the stronger hold over his abilities.

Yet, Winter was not strong enough to take his power in, he was too careless. He loved Summer; he envied her. The unforgiving and unstoppable power that he had been was wasted. Wasted, because he believed in his dreams; in the idea that if they had switched, everything would have worked out.

Winter was wrong. The Sun was never meant to touch his skin.

I warned him. Time was running out. He could have prevented it; if only he had stuck to the system. If only.

Too bad neither one of us paid attention to who he surrendered to. But now I can see, how we were wrong; for real power hid in someone else.

My weapons are ready.

But, honestly, cleaning up will be dreadful.

***

She looked at him, the boy in front of her. There was no mistake; he was the Winter she saw in her dream. And then, one by one, she could feel them taking over her skin, the snowflakes. Falling aimlessly from the nothingness above her. But, why now? It wasn’t their time.

Instead of frozen water, the spring rain should have been falling on her. It was supposed to be spring. Yet, what she saw in front of her eyes was something completely different; something she didn’t fully comprehend.

It was as if summer and winter had combined; fending off each other. It was sunny and hot, yet snowflakes were falling, whilst a cold winter wind came from the north. The situation was inexplicable and made no sense.

Hyuna felt a chill travel down her body. She felt as if the boy in front of her was guilty; as if he was the reason for the chaos she saw. Anger began seeping through her veins, as he continued standing there, unmoving. Taking a few steps towards him, she frowned when he took a few back.

Who are you, she asked him suddenly.

You...you. I saw you in my dream just now. What is going on, he replied, as if in a daze.

Who are you, she repeated, pressing on.

Myungsoo. Kim Myungsoo.

Hyuna knew then, there was no doubt it was him. Progressing backwards, she dashed into a sprint; looking for the mentioned shelter. She was so confused and lost. Her fists tightened as she became angry at the constant feeling of cold snow on her exposed skin.

But then she heard it, the sound of water close by. Turning around, her eyes widened and she didn’t know what to do. Before she knew it, the same boy from before grabbed a hold of her hand and pulled her towards the horror that lay before their eyes. The incoming rogue wave seemed higher and higher with each step and her last thought was that she would be dead.

And just like that, the water fell on them; embracing the labor of many generations.

Hyuna and Myungsoo floated somewhere there, in it, their fragile human bodies shredded and demolished by the strong current of the water.

Yet, their minds were racing to where they belonged; not missing the sounds of iron shots somewhere in the distance.

--

 

Not too long after, Myungsoo had forgotten his previous need to feel warmth on his skin. Trying to summon his ice armor and return to his lands, he felt powerless when nothing happened. Again and again, he tried but the sand beneath him never disappeared.

He began screaming a name; a name he was not supposed to utter. Over and over, until she appeared before him, in all of her mighty glory; waiting for what he had to say for himself.

Help me, he pleaded.

I am afraid what you have done is not something I can reverse, Summer.

Summer? What are you talking about? I am Winter, he reasoned.

No longer, I am afraid. Your power has been transferred. Your armor has been confiscated and a new Winter has arisen.

But...who, he asked confused.

The one who you entrusted with your throne. The one who you entrapped within the ice wall. Your punishment is this; you’ll never be Winter again.

--

 

The new Winter laughed as she looked upon what was going on below. The mess she had created, as the remnants of Summer were leaving her and the cold entered every cell of her body.

Not only was her temperature lowering with every minute but so was Earth’s. As humans ceased because of her transformation; as oceans engulfed parcels of land, she laughed untiring.

Was this what power felt like?

Was this what control was all about?

But why did she feel so empty then?

Winter looked down at her hands and flinched at the blueness of her hands. The tan was gone, the warmth was long forgotten. Only one thing remained from before.

The loneliness.

No matter how much power she had, she was destined to be forever alone. Myungsoo too, no matter who he strived to be, he was never going to be happy. Because being alone is the worst feeling of them all.

Because without a following, a leader is nothing.

That’s all there was for them, the seasons, loneliness and control over a useless bunch. It was the Gods’ punishment for their granted immortality - lifetime full of suffering.

Winter smiled mockingly as she looked into those two evil eyes that had allowed everything. Maybe she wanted to go back to the past and wish that nothing had changed. But she liked the power.

Everyone likes it.

Winter sat back down in her throne obediently and retreated her fury from humanity. The sun reached Earth’s crust and the wind was gone. The perfect weather after the storm. Too bad no one could enjoy it. For too many were dead and the rest didn’t know what to do; what to look for. Hope was lost and the sound of despair filled the air.

Reflect upon your actions, Winter.

I understand, she replied obediently.

Though, the results are rather satisfactory.

What do you mean? Most have died, she asked, still too innocent to realize.

But, that was the point, dear. Why do you think I let this happen?

Winter looks up in disbelief. She still doesn’t understand. She still doesn’t realize that not everyone means good, for some of us enjoy the sound of pain. She doesn’t comprehend that all of them, seasons and humans, that all of them are just puppets sculpted to entertain.

She is wordless as she lets go of my intense gaze and accepts her fate; powerless to do anything about it.


War is bad, they always say.

War is evil, they always believed.

Indeed.


I’m fine in the fire,

I feed on the friction.

I’m right where I should be,

Don’t try and fix me. | Fix Me



A.N: Well, that was it. Get it? The whole idea of this story was to use the prompt given and make some sort of a riddle. If you got it (what the whole story was about), feel free to leave your guesses in the comments! Sorry for the lack of Myung-ah, but I thought it would be unnecessary to add useless plot.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed reading and liked the style I wrote it in.

As usual, let me know what you think (loved it, hated it, or maybe you have no idea what I'm on about) in the comments!

Thanks for taking the time to glance over this and have a great week!

Yours truly,

wintress

2013.06.09